PDA

View Full Version : KK

kimmyk
05-22-2003, 10:15 PM
Playing 2/4 on ACR. Tight table. I open raise in EP with red KK's. Everyone folds except BB. Flop 589 2 spades, check to me, I bet he calls. Turn Qs, he checks I bet, he raises.. do you guys release here? I paid him off but I didnt want to. River was brick. The BB had T2 spades.
So is he the fool for saving those rags or am I the fool for paying him off?

Al_Capone_Junior
05-23-2003, 12:00 AM
You need to fear not only the flush here, which you have none of, but also the str8. JT is a commonly played hand that you should be wary of here too. I'd have chunked it. If you had the Ks, of course you'd have at least seen the river. Even if you aren't sure if you're beat, it's not worth two more big bets to find out here. The pot is pretty small...

al

RockLobster
05-23-2003, 12:01 AM
I think folding would be too weak. He was in the BB and called your raise with T2s... you want him in your game /forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

In the future, post hands like this in the Small Stakes forum, you'll get more replies...

Dynasty
05-23-2003, 04:04 AM
I think folding would be too weak. He was in the BB and called your raise with T2s... you want him in your game

His pre-flop call is a mistake but only a small one. If he's up against an opponent that will let him check-raise him and pay him off on big hands, the mistake is much, much smaller.

RockLobster
05-23-2003, 08:16 AM
His pre-flop call is a mistake but only a small one. If he's up against an opponent that will let him check-raise him and pay him off on big hands, the mistake is much, much smaller.

Point taken, I guess I need to work on my releasing skills.

John Ho
05-23-2003, 02:37 PM
Both

bernie
05-23-2003, 10:30 PM
however, it is HU, so it can make good sense to call down if your not sure of the players c/r and raise standards. player knowledge helps alot in many cases. and sometimes it doesnt take much info to adjust, other players it may take a bit more info to adjust.

some players this is a real easy laydown, others it isnt and you have to pay it off. sometimes you have to pay it off even if you know for sure, just so theyll only keep betting the good hands and not try to run bluffs.

many players put too much on preflop play. as if that's the defining part of a players game, thus they judge a player too harshly without looking at more of his play. preflop are usually small mistakes. but they add up to some doozies. postflop are much bigger mistakes. however, this is no excuse for real bad preflop play. the guy would still be good to have in the game

b

kimmyk
05-23-2003, 11:25 PM
Oh yeh, I love this site. Such innovative bonus, the most fun I've had in online poker. Is there any real reason to play any other site other than this one?