PDA

View Full Version : Line check: 3/6NL: Nut flush draw semibluff

HoldEmKillah
10-07-2005, 01:39 PM
I haven't been here very long...maybe 15 hands or so. No read since I've been busy loading up GT, PT, searching for tables, etc (yeah, I know /images/graemlins/tongue.gif). Anyway...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (6 max, 3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Hero ($595.40)
Button ($393)
SB ($699.20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Button calls $6, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($18) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $17</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $34</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $17.

I thought about 3betting here but I hate miniraises and I don't think I'd have much FE against top pair given it's 3handed and I've been playing aggressively. Besides, tons of bluff cards can hit. Sound logic? Or 3bet?

Turn: ($86) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $175</font>, Button calls $145.

How's my turn line?

River: ($436) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Is this a check/call to snap off a bluff or push? Villain has about $175 behind.

TheWorstPlayer
10-07-2005, 01:42 PM
It's half pot. Just push.

Spladle Master
10-07-2005, 07:53 PM
I would usually raise pre-flop in this spot. Actually not usually, always. Is there a reason why you didn't? I am not saying that it is wrong, just that it is different from what I normally do, so I am curious to know why you prefer checking.

On the flop either 3-betting or flat-calling the min-raise can be correct. It's pretty opponent-dependent. However I would usually 3-bet even if I thought I had zero fold equity against top pair or better (assuming that this opponent would raise the flop with worse than top pair). I would also 3-bet if I thought I had some fold equity against top pair. However, if this is a loose/passive opponent who would not raise without top pair and will not fold it, then calling the raise is the correct play. But against an unknown as in this hand I'd 3-bet.

One thing I am confused about. You said that you did not think 3-betting the flop would get him to lay down top pair. Why do you think that there are many turn cards he will fold to? These two things seem to not go together.

I think the check-raise on the turn is a very bad idea. He gave you fantastic odds to call and catch a nice river card. I would have suggested that you take them. If he pushes the turn you will have to put a lot of money into the pot as a substantial dog.

River is a bet. He called your turn check-raise, so he either has a made hand that he's willing to go with or a draw. The flush draw got there. JT got there (though I think he would push the turn with that). Only thing that missed is 87 and I don't think he has that.