PDA

View Full Version : Muffed the blind steal extraction

Mr. Curious
10-07-2005, 01:32 PM
$10/20 at a local B&M
9 Handed

Table texture:
The table is very tight. 2 or 3 chops per orbit, with the occasional steal.

Reads:
BB isn't very good preflop, calling raises with garbage. He doesn't chase postflop and has been knocked around a bit by Hero.

Button seems like he should be a lot better than he is.

Table Image:
Hero has been running good and showing down only monsters.

Hero is the SB with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Preflop: Folded to button who raises, Hero 3-bets, BB cold calls, Button calls

Flop: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif4/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
Pot: 9 SB

Hero bets, both fold /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Should I have tried for a check/raise or check/call line here? I think that I am too used to fast playing sets on coordinated boards, so I am fearful of this getting checked through.

droolie
10-07-2005, 01:39 PM
It happens.

I like betting out. Part of extracting value is that the other guys have a hand to play with.

You have a steal/ defense dymnamic going on here. You will get played back at hard by many aggressive players. Checking looks fishy here after you 3-bet pf and if you C/R they'll fold and you'll win 1 measly SB. I think you're better off betting and hoping they call or raise and go from there.

krimson
10-07-2005, 01:42 PM
Oh well, there's an ace on the flop, if anyone had the ace they are likely to stick around and you get paid off, if they don't have an ace, they are unlikely to bet into this board and you don't get paid off.

I don't think leading vs. slow-playing is going to make a huge difference on this hand.

Bob T.
10-07-2005, 01:49 PM
They missed, you didn't. I lke betting out here. But if they don't have anything to play with, they probably aren't going to stick around and mess with the preflop 3-bettor on this board.

brettbrettr
10-07-2005, 02:16 PM
That's a really good flop for your hand (obv the 4, but I'm talking about the ace and the ten and the diamonds) and one that needs betting. I wouldn't worry about the folds.