PDA

View Full Version : Weak play?

SoBeDude
05-22-2003, 10:07 PM
Online 5-10

I'm in LP with AA. So far so good /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

UTG calls, (davidross folds), I raise, Button cold calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 6s 9d Th

UTG bets out, I raise, everyone calls.

Turn: Js

Checked to me, I bet, button raises!, fold, fold, I call.

I'm afraid I'm behind to two pair or a set here.

River is the 2s. If he was semi-bluffing with his flush draw he just got there.

I check.

So what did he have and who won?

-Scott

JTG51
05-22-2003, 10:25 PM
I think you won this one. Maybe AJ for him?

WiredPair
05-22-2003, 10:35 PM
KJ for the button? Picked up top pair on the turn with an overcard and a gutshot to the nut straight? Did he bet behind you on the river or check it down?

rayrns
05-23-2003, 07:10 AM
I'll guess button had K-Qo for the str8 which would explain the cold call pre-flop but no raise.

rigoletto
05-23-2003, 07:49 AM
So what did he have and who won?

Do I really have to answer both questions /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

If the button was Kyce he showed down 98o. From the posting of an otherwise straightforward hand (well played by the way), I think button showed 78s for the flopped str8.

... forgot to answer who won - oh well.

And by the way: who would ever call you weak Scott /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Schmed
05-23-2003, 09:15 AM
He may have a str8. I call it down if I don't know the player or are new to the table and if I know the player's a rock it's buh bye rockets......then again one of the biggest leak in my sieve of a game is letting go of a big hand, big pocket pairs especially.

2 pair, trips, are certainly possible, my guess is button has the KQo for the gut shot. I can't imagine he was semi bluffing the flush on the turn with a raise. Then again he does have position and with that raise on the turn you're not betting in to him HU.

Ralle
05-23-2003, 09:54 AM
I think he's afraid of a flush draw, and that he just made a hand that is vulnarable. My guess is that either he has KQ or QJ. Possibly AJ.

marbles
05-23-2003, 10:39 AM
Call me nuts, but I have this strange feeling that he's holding either 77 or 88.

You played it fine; I figure there's about a 30% chance you won it.