PDA

View Full Version : Why did I make this pot so big??? - 600NL 5max

9cao
10-07-2005, 01:10 PM
My read on Villain is that he is a very solid player. Playing 600 NL 5-max.

Hero is dealt T /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the BB with a stack of $750. Folded to Villain on button who raises to $19 with stack of $1100. SB folds and Hero calls.

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif (pot$40)

Hero checks, Villain bets $30. Hero raises to $125. Villain calls.

Turn: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (pot$289)

Hero bets $215. Villain calls.

River: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (pot$719)

Hero bets $391.

pologuy64
10-07-2005, 01:31 PM
What did you put the villian on? This is a key question. I put him on sum type of draw or a higher overpair. Everydraw makes it! give up the hand on the turn. Try and check down

9cao
10-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Preflop - Almost any 2.

Flop - When he bets, almost any 2. After he calls my raise, I put him on an overpair, some combo draw, 2-pair or small chance of set although I would expect to get played back if he has set here.

Turn - After he calls my bet I put him on overpair with diamond, flush, or small chance of 2-pair or set.

Denutz
10-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Can you explain your thinking on the river bet? What do you think he's calling with that you beat at that point?

Like the other poster said, every draw made it, s8, flush, and if he hit a set he's getting good odds to call you.

If you want to showdown on the river throw out a blocking bet of a $100 and then clear fold to an all-in.

9cao
10-07-2005, 02:44 PM
I am almost 100% sure I am behind on the river. I am also very sure he doesn't have 9 or a 3 in his hand (unless he also has a flush). I think only a flush or AA can call me there. Pot is laying me almost 2 to 1. Very open to criticism.

HoldEmKillah
10-07-2005, 04:01 PM
He's almost getting 3:1 to call that river bet. I don't think he folds enough hands that you are behind of to make the push anywhere near good. That being said, you know you f'ed up on this one (shoulda seen me last night on 3/6..yuck!). I hope by some miracle that this one worked out.

9cao
10-07-2005, 06:38 PM
Seems like this post isnt very interesting so yes, a miracle happened and he folded. My thoughts on the flop were to take it down right there and all I did was make a big pot out of position.

Then when the ace of diamonds hit, I convinced myself that this very solid player wouldn't chase a baby flush to my pot-sized reraise on the flop and put him on an over-pair and accepted the chance that I was betting into the nuts. Once he called I decided not to spew any more money his way.

Then the offsuit 7 hit and I was convinced that he could only call with AA or flush at this point since I would be showing massive strength on all 3 streets and even if I was full of it I could have easily made a straight. I also figured that KK-JJ with a diamond and 88, 66, and 55 would make up about 50% of his range. Discounting that % for the times he calls with a set I still figured 2 to 1 in the pot was enough to take a shot.

I guess I was hoping someone would tell me this river play was horrible so I avoid these screwball tactics in the future but I guess I will keep donating.

creedofhubris
10-07-2005, 09:38 PM
I would have check/folded once the turn came.

HoldEmKillah
10-07-2005, 10:17 PM
nh. alot of times I will reraise out of the bb from the button raise against an aggressive player. Just adding that as another way to play the hand.

ghostface
10-08-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3 in his hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Am i too drunk to see why having a 3 would matter?

Edit: You must be drunk enough to have hit 3 instead of 4. lol nh!1

Lucky
10-08-2005, 04:02 AM
Flop is fine, or you could bet out, planning to bet turn.

As you played it, i check/fold turn.