PDA

View Full Version : Why no UltimateBet Stat Software?

jumpthru
05-22-2003, 08:25 PM
I have found UltimateBet the best online poker site, just because of its awesome software. It sits you right in front, never in the corner of the table like most sites...anyway, is UltimateBet one of the most popular online sites? If so, why is there no Stat Tracking Software available for it? Why does Poker Paradise have nice software written for it that tracks all your hands?

Also, a problem with online play that I have found sort of scary is that isn't it SO easy for me and a friend to sit at the same table, and just call up on the phone to each other?

Also, a big part of my game is reads, and when its online it seems you cant bluff, cause you cant see the other people. There are also no tells...doesn't that take some of the fun out of the game?

Thanks for your answers

ptrack pat
05-22-2003, 09:54 PM
The reason I haven't added support for UB in Poker Tracker is that the ability to get hand histories from them stinks. You have to manually request them 1 at a time and you have to know the game number of the hand you want on top of that. No ability to request your last 100 hands like Paradise and other sites offer. If they would improve this process I would certainly take the time to code an import function for UB because I get a lot of requests for it.

Pat
www.pokertracker.com (http://www.pokertracker.com)

Miah
05-23-2003, 11:31 AM
Pat,

You can email UB support for your hand histories and they send them in excel format. I sent you an email yesterday asking about reinstalling poker tracker after formatting, if you want I can also send over a sample of their histories.

BonusMan
05-23-2003, 11:59 AM
Yes, its very easy for you and your friend to play at the the same table and tell eachother what cards you have but you can take this even further; I heard people have several computers at home and they might have 3 or 4 players at 1 table and they will never get caught. So why share your winnings with some1 else when you can win 100% more by playing without a partner...

About tells. Hmmm... well youre right about that, you canīt tell by some1s face or body language if heīs bluffing when you play on internet BUT n internet you play 150 hands an hour which is such a huge advantage compared to live games. When youre a winning poker player and you are dealt 150 hands an hour you will win A LOT LOT more money than in any brick and mortar cardroom ( suppose you play the same limits ). At least I win more.

Goos luck!

BONUSMAN

Sarge85
05-23-2003, 02:23 PM
Someone said:

"I heard people have several computers at home and they might have 3 or 4 players at 1 table and they will never get caught."

Argh... Please tell me there's a way that Online Gambling sites could detect this. How could I possible sit at a table and expect to have any chace at winning? Seems to me I should stick to B&M Cardrooms and shy away from online. Then again I hear alot of success stories.

Just how savy are the cheaters?

lorinda
05-23-2003, 03:17 PM
Argh... Please tell me there's a way that Online Gambling sites could detect this

They have many mechanisms that help to prevent it, although one thing you must do if you suspect any foul play is REPORT IT.

One of the common things they look for is people's %age of the time playing in the same game as someone else.

They also "flag" your account if you fold big hands and will check for a pattern.

They can check login times and normal results vs results when seated with the suspect player.

Although not as important, they also check geographic location, and the way that both players tend to play similar hands.

If 3 people were to sit down, cheat for a couple of hours and never do it again, they would almost certainly get away with it, however they will just as almost certainly not make a big killing.

Mathematically, it is a mistake for people to even attempt collusion in single table tourneys, basically because only one player can actually win the money, and it is impossible to win often enough by colluding to cover the loss in expectation.

Lori

brianmarc
05-27-2003, 09:57 AM
It doesn't help to have multiple computers; you need mutiple IP addresses (i.e., Internet server locations that support your online connections). Reason is that the sites do not allow the same IP address to log onto a table more than once. So, it you have two separate Internet accts, you have a shot at this collusion.

Hung
05-27-2003, 10:11 AM
Also, a big part of my game is reads, and when its online it seems you cant bluff, cause you cant see the other people. There are also no tells...doesn't that take some of the fun out of the game?

There're some online tells. It's harder to spot. Try to look for a pattern. Some players check really fast when they have a hand. Some try to slow play and wait for a few seconds. If you concetrate on one table and take notes on players, you'll see that you can find a lot of tells. Newbies are giving away their cards. Some click check/fold. And you know they have bad cards. But some of the pro's click check/call to trap you. That's why you've to be carefull.

About the cheating. I heard there's a system that flags you when you fold AQ against AK preflop. I don't know if it's true. I try to avoid to play with my friends on the same table. It's fun, but I'm afraid they'll think we cheat. I've some of my friends who just started online poker. And it's fun to play with people you know.
I shouln't worry about cheating. As long as you keep winning everythig is cool.