PDA

View Full Version : PF action with strattles how to handle these situations......

arod15
10-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Two hands from last night. I felt i played them ok. Post flop was standard and easy but how is my PF line....

1-2NL LIVE NYC Effective stacks 270 ish
Hero is in the BB with AA
As is usual with these games there is a strattle
3 callers than Button (150) raises to 25
Fold, (pot 41) I make it 75 straight. How's my line?

Hand 2
1-2NL LIVE NYC Effective stacks 270 ish
Hero is in the BB with AQ
Another strattle 5 callers this time I make it 60 to go
Thoughts? To aggressive? Not enough?
Thanks in advance.

NYCNative
10-07-2005, 11:33 AM
I raise the first hand more, to $100, and I do not raise the second because I don't like raising with AQ out of position usually.

arod15
10-07-2005, 12:25 PM
I think i should have bet more the second hand making it 75. WHile i agree with you genearlly about playing AQ out of postion, this situation is different. There are 5 limpers in for 25. No one has shown strength. The goal is to take this down. Also, its ok if you get one caller as you are probably way ahead. In this hand 99 called me flop came q high he pushed i won. But at a passive table with strattles in front of me i make steals with less than AQ people respect big raises from the blind there....

Maulik
10-07-2005, 12:37 PM
its AQs, right?

arod15
10-07-2005, 12:43 PM
right i had AQ in the bb 5 limpers for a total of 25 dollars in the pot. I should have made it 75 to go. I made it 60 to go. Not enough. Why? Because no one has shown strength, the table had been real passive. Also, i had been hitting at that point. One other important note, no one there knows me. If they did it becomes slightly less attractive as i am a supperaggro,but here i was playing real tight. My goal was to take it down. Instead i got one caller and i could almost tell what he had a middle pocket pair. I hit and that was that.

NYCNative
10-07-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think i should have bet more the second hand making it 75. WHile i agree with you genearlly about playing AQ out of postion, this situation is different. There are 5 limpers in for 25. No one has shown strength. The goal is to take this down.

[/ QUOTE ]My (admittedly limited) experiences in low-stakes NLHE in B&M establishments is that the games are mega-loose more often than not and having so many peoople trying to see flops in the wo samples above tells me that your games fit into that stereotype.

This is why I raise more with a premium hand like AA and tread lightly with a scary hand like AQ out of position: You will get action no matter what you do so you want to charge more for anyone to tangle with you when you have AA and you want to not get invest too much in dangerous hands out of position.

arod15
10-07-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think i should have bet more the second hand making it 75. WHile i agree with you genearlly about playing AQ out of postion, this situation is different. There are 5 limpers in for 25. No one has shown strength. The goal is to take this down.

[/ QUOTE ]My (admittedly limited) experiences in low-stakes NLHE in B&M establishments is that the games are mega-loose more often than not and having so many peoople trying to see flops in the wo samples above tells me that your games fit into that stereotype.

This is why I raise more with a premium hand like AA and tread lightly with a scary hand like AQ out of position: You will get action no matter what you do so you want to charge more for anyone to tangle with you when you have AA and you want to not get invest too much in dangerous hands out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]
Raising to 60 will definitly limit the field. In my example, it cut it down to 1 opponent. Which i am fine with as postflop i feel i have and advantage against most players at that game. The dead money in the pot will more than compensate for your play, i just feel as if i should have bet a bit more than 60 to go there. People at this game arent very good but they are that stupid as to call 55 more dollars with rags or suited connecters. I think the AJ KQ's of the world will come along but i am ok with that. Also, in this scenario i am last to act, and everyone has limped. People here are usually incapable of checking a limpimg a big hand. If someone opens the action i may fold, it depends on who it was. Again this is all about playing styles and image. Last night i had a great table image, real tight PF as i folded for hours on end. THe player who did call my raise was correct to do so he held 99. But to push with two overs as he did postflop is the reason i play my hand like it did. As ive grown as a player i realize that you need to play more hands aginst weak players. Eventually there mistakes eat away at them giving you +EV. In this situation your options are to limp which would be terrible, fold or raise. Rasing is the best. No one has shown strength and AQ suited is a very strong hand in an unopened pot with all the dead strattle money i think raising is the only option, the question is to how much....