PDA

View Full Version : (10/1) In BB with 99, 2/4 in chips facing raise from chip leader

Gomez22
10-07-2005, 11:20 AM
$10/1 on Euro. I've been 4 & 5 tabling and not been paying too much attention to specifics on players unless they do something totally retarded. Villain in this hand seems a bit aggro, but not so much that I think he's a push-happy tard.

SB(1652)
BB(ME - 2220)
UTG(VILLAIN - 2897)
UTG+1(1231)

Blinds: 100/200

Like I said in topic, I have 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villain raises to 700, folded to me....

Villain has raised maybe 2-3 times in last 5-7 hands or so... nothing major for chip leader, IMO.

I opted to fold in this situation for a few reasons:

1. I feel that I am the best player at the table.
2. I considered calling for a second, then thought that was the worst thing I could do here. Out of pos. against a bigger stack, and any flop with overs puts me in a tough predicament.
3. If I push, villain is going to be getting better than 2-1 to call, and even in best case scenario where he has 2 overs, it's pricing him in.

What do you do here, and why? Is the line of thought I took argumentative to anyone here?

EDIT: Blind amounts added

10-07-2005, 11:36 AM
What are the blinds here?

[ QUOTE ]

3. If I push, villain is going to be getting better than 2-1 to call, and even in best case scenario where he has 2 overs, it's pricing him in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're projecting too much analytical thought onto villian. Instead, think about the type of hands he will raise or call with. If he has been raising loosely, you should consider pushing. You say the best case scenario is him having two overs. What if he has junk? He seems to be raising about 30% of the time here, I don't give him credit for pairs or broadways on all those raises.

If you push, I think most of the time he will look at his big stack, see the other stacks, look at his crappy hand and fold it enough times to make pushing here profitable.

10-07-2005, 11:41 AM
What are the blinds? Are small blind and shorty in a folding war to get to the money?

Overall, I don't think it's a terrible play if you think you can outplay the rest of the field (but only if the other stacks are playing way too tight). I'm guessing the bb is like 200 or 300 (because of the raise to 700). If the blinds were at 200 I would probably fold to avoid a flip or domination. But if they are up at 300 or so, then I don't care how much of a better player you think you are, you probably need to push. The stacks are not deep enough for your advantage to matter that much. The other stacks are going to start pushing and putting you to decisions. So I would fold if the bb was 200 but there is a strong argument for pushing if they are 300. Finally, the raiser is only compelled to call if he is raising with pairs or legitimate overcard hands (AK, AQ, AJ or maybe KQ). Your push would make other race hands (A10, KJ, K10, QJ, Q10, and J10) seriously consider folding. You do have fold equity and could get a call from a slightly lower pair. The more I ramble, the more I like a push.

schwza
10-07-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
even in best case scenario where he has 2 overs

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he often has 2 unders. at least i would if i were him. i'd still fold though.

Gomez22
10-07-2005, 12:16 PM
n/m

10-07-2005, 12:42 PM
With the big chip stack's history of pushing the table around and stealing blinds (rightfully so) I think I push here.

Like others have said. It is possible that he has two unders, or even J10, K10, perhaps even K-9 or the similar. You could even think that he has Ax offsuite or suited. Doesnt really matter.

I like pushing here. Take the shot. You have fold equity in the push... and I feel that he is full of hot air.