PDA

View Full Version : Biggest edge for good players - at 6-max or 9/10?

iago
10-07-2005, 10:43 AM
I was wondering where you think a good PLO player have the biggest edge, at a shorthanded game or at a full ring table with 9 or 10 players.

I started playing shorthanded (6-max) a couple months back and I've been very fortunate so far with 29.5BB/100 the last 10k hands (smallish sample, I know) at the $50 tables where...let's just say some players play suboptimal there.

I've been doing pretty ok at the full tables as well (about 18BB/100 over 15k hands since I got PTO), but I feel I'm doing a bit better at the shorthanded games where, in my opinion, there is more room for my opponents to make mistakes.

I want to get better at the full ring tables though, and I'm wondering if I'm not making the proper adjustments in order to win at the tables with 9/10 players at them. Sometimes I get stuck at full ring tables and end up nutpeddling, something which is fairly hard to get away with at a shorthanded table.

I'm realistical (I won't quit my dayjob anytime this century - I'm a rookie and have a bunch of leaks in my game), so it might very well be that I'm in fact a bad player that's been able to hide it at the shorthanded low-limit tables and gotten a bunch of lucky breaks. It is in fact most likely. It's also quite possible that I'm asking the wrong question ('good players play wherever they feel they have the biggest edge and it's all individual where they can find it'), but anyway. I had to ask /images/graemlins/smile.gif

But, once again, where you guys think that the good players can extract the biggest advantage? And why?

And just to have some fun I created a poll which have nothing to do with the actual question above. And I deliberatly left out the option 'depends on the opponents'.