PDA

View Full Version : In an Effort of Healing - Let Matty Buy You Lunch! *

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 09:58 AM
Ok, well things have been a bit hectic around here this week. There have been way too many squabbles, pissing matches and an overall bad feel in the air. I want you guys to be happy. So, I'm taking responsibility here. Everyone loves a good lunch thread; today has a twist; when you report your lunch please include its exact price. I will grade your lunch by letting you know how much "worth" it has. I.E if you go and spend 5.69, and I only agree with 1.85, that is your score. There are other things to consider like whether you are a total stranger/a jerk etc. (I don't want to blow $500 on you fools) but I promise to be as generous and as honest as I can at least for the first 20-25 people.

Also, to receive re-imbursement you must have a Stars account; at the end of the day PM me your screen name and the amount owed.

Peace,
Matt

10-07-2005, 10:00 AM
My boss is buying pizza for the office. Does that mean you'll pay me nothing, or what it is worth??

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 10:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My boss is buying pizza for the office. Does that mean you'll pay me nothing, or what it is worth??

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. Nothing. But report on it anyway. Don't be greedy, you're already getting free lunch!

Shajen
10-07-2005, 10:06 AM
I like it. Good idea dude.

Now, what to eat for lunch....

MrWookie47
10-07-2005, 10:08 AM
I'll be having a grilled Godfather sub from DiBella's. Grilled capicola, salami and prosciutto, provolone cheese, spicy mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomato, onions, hot peppers, and Italian dressing served on hard crusted multigrain bread. A Coke to drink. Total cost is $7.53.

miajag81
10-07-2005, 10:13 AM
I will be having lunch at City Cafe on Eager St. in Baltimore. I will be enjoying an Italian Turkey Focaccia sandwich, which is composed of a generous portion of sliced turkey breast on thick focaccia bread with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and sun-dried tomato pesto dressing. It comes with a side of fries, and I will likely be having an iced tea along with it. The sandwich is $8.95, tea $2.00, not including tax. If you would like to confirm prices the menu is available here (http://www.citycafebaltimore.com/enter.html)

If you like I can take a camera phone picture later to confirm I actually got it.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you like I can take a camera phone picture later to confirm I actually got it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not necesary. But, pretty funny. I should elaborate that I will be favoring trusted OOT posters with reimbursement; you are trusted sir.

daryn
10-07-2005, 10:20 AM
hmm this sounds cool, i want in. i'm hoping to reserve a spot by chiming in early.. when i actually get the lunch i'll come back to report!

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hmm this sounds cool, i want in. i'm hoping to reserve a spot by chiming in early.. when i actually get the lunch i'll come back to report!

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be the proper procedure.

RunDownHouse
10-07-2005, 10:21 AM
I'm poor. My lunch today:

Kroger brand Classic Chicken Noodle Soup. $1.50 with my Kroger card!

Rice with soy sauce and hoisin sauce. Maybe $0.50?

2 cans Diet Coke. A 12-pack for $3 with my Kroger card puts this at about $0.50 as well.

Total: $2.50

SL__72
10-07-2005, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not necesary.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you should anyway because your lunch sounds pretty good and it would be fun to see. Note that if you were just going to take a picture of the reciept and not the food you can ignore this suggestion.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not necesary.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you should anyway because your lunch sounds pretty good and it would be fun to see. Note that if you were just going to take a picture of the reciept and not the food you can ignore this suggestion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Thank you.

partygirluk
10-07-2005, 10:26 AM
Asda vegetable Chow Mein stirfry. £1.29.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, $$ only.

bosoxfan
10-07-2005, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to reserve a spot. I think we are ordering from the local pizza joint. I will report back.

lem45216
10-07-2005, 10:30 AM
I had a packet of mini cheddars and a can of coke. I'd say that comes to 87p = about $1.56

IndieMatty
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to reserve a spot. I think we are ordering from the local pizza joint. I will report back.

[/ QUOTE ]

No reserve spot needed. Red Sox fans need not apply. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

JihadOnTheRiver
I just got back from the store. Decided to treat myself today. That's really nice of you to pick up the tab. TY.
To start:
http://www.greensselect.com/images/pairings/chamdoncav_lrg.jpg
Followed by some Kobe Beef:
http://www.gianteagle.com/media/static_content/store_services/butcher_shop/images/kobe_beef_SUB_BIG.jpg

And for dessert:
http://www.worldshippers.com/cent10.jpg

Sure do appreciate it. TY again.

-JOTR

asofel
10-07-2005, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll be having a grilled Godfather sub from DiBella's. Grilled capicola, salami and prosciutto, provolone cheese, spicy mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomato, onions, hot peppers, and Italian dressing served on hard crusted multigrain bread. A Coke to drink. Total cost is $7.53.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn.....that sounds so good right now....

Its my birthday tomorrow and the boss was going to by pizza as well......but we have clients coming in at noon, so......no soup for me!

BottlesOf
10-07-2005, 10:32 AM
How can I lock up a place in this? DO I need to eat really early?

mslif
10-07-2005, 10:32 AM
My lunch today: Meatball sub from this little family owned italian place:
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/225235/2/Meatball_Sub.jpg

$4.99

Root Beer: $1.25

Total (w/tax): $6.61

stoxtrader
10-07-2005, 10:33 AM
On friday's we always have pizza. but sometime i get fried chicken. Generally have a diet sprite to drink, I used to always get a cup with ice and a straw now I drink it out of the can and let it breath for a few minutes before drinking.

we get catered prepared lunch here everyday, so I already get free lunch, but wanted to share. It's a pretty nice setup. breakfast too.

miajag81
10-07-2005, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not necesary.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will do.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not even considering this until it's 12:00 PM EST.

JihadOnTheRiver
10-07-2005, 10:35 AM
no tip?

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 10:36 AM
It's 8:30 AM there. Please report upon actual purchase.

BottlesOf
10-07-2005, 10:36 AM
Can I lock up a spot?

dcasper70
10-07-2005, 10:37 AM
I made my lunch today.
By that I mean my wife made it and I put it in the bag.

Anyhoo,
Orange
Banana
Grapes
Axelrod Fat Free Yogurt (raspberry)
Nature Valley Chewy Granola Bar (mixed berry, and very good I might add)
Turkey Sandwich on wheat with mustard and hot pepper spread.

So, as you can see, wife's on a diet, and does the shopping. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'll try to avoid pansy status by noting that I stopped at McD's on the way in for a sausage egg & cheese sandwich. Got that pseudo hash brown thingy too...

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Can I lock up a spot?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no spots. Just report your lunch. I have a budget for this, that I do not expect to go over.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I made my lunch today.

Anyhoo,
Orange
Banana
Grapes
Axelrod Fat Free Yogurt

So, as you can see, wife's on a diet, and does the shopping. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'll try to avoid pansy status by noting that I stopped at McD's on the way in for a sausage egg & cheese sandwich. Got that pseudo hash brown thingy too...

[/ QUOTE ]

What's she doing South Beach? That's a very healthy lunch. (I approve of breakfast BTW)

Escape
10-07-2005, 10:40 AM
2 slices of bread with 3 eggs and a bit of salt and pepper. Total cost: <1$

partygirluk
10-07-2005, 10:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, $$ only.

[/ QUOTE ]

Xenophobe.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, $$ only.

[/ QUOTE ]

Xenophobe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Corrales or Castillo?

daryn
10-07-2005, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Got that pseudo hash brown thingy too...

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, those are crazy good. i had some in italy.. tasted different, but excellent. i think they cook them in olive oil

dcasper70
10-07-2005, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I made my lunch today.

Anyhoo,
Orange
Banana
Grapes
Axelrod Fat Free Yogurt

[/ QUOTE ]

What's she doing South Beach? That's a very healthy lunch. (I approve of breakfast BTW)

[/ QUOTE ]

Weight Watchers. I've dropped 14 lbs with her on a diet! I'm not missing it...

So any money, or am I disqualified /images/graemlins/confused.gif

mackthefork
10-07-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A pot noodle by another name is a pot Noodle just the same. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mack

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, <copout> You have a wife who is making you lunch. You're already a rich man. </copout>

partygirluk
10-07-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, $$ only.

[/ QUOTE ]

Xenophobe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Corrales or Castillo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Corrales (especially if he boxes rather than brawls)

MrWookie47
10-07-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not even considering this until it's 12:00 PM EST.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I've gotta re-report at noon EST? Dang. Alright.

dcasper70
10-07-2005, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, <copout> You have a wife who is making you lunch. You're already a rich man. </copout>

[/ QUOTE ]

tough to argue that logic

keep up the good work!

BottlesOf
10-07-2005, 10:52 AM
Right, but I don't want you to exhaust your budget before I get back from lunch (which could be 2 ish) and I would like to be a part of OOT history. I'm not having an extravagent (sp?) lunch, but would love to have a fwe bucks or cents reimbursed for story value.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Right, but I don't want you to exhaust your budget before I get back from lunch (which could be 2 ish) and I would like to be a part of OOT history. I'm not having an extravagent (sp?) lunch, but would love to have a fwe bucks or cents reimbursed for story value.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're assuming you'd get reimbursed...I've seen some of your piss poor mall lunches. I doubt you will have to worry.

mslif
10-07-2005, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize for knowing what I want /images/graemlins/frown.gif

miajag81
10-07-2005, 11:00 AM
that IndieMatty is the friggin' man.

4_2_it
10-07-2005, 11:02 AM
We are doing all you can eat sushi for $11.95. Includes choice or soup or salad with about 25 sushi options. I usually opt for a combo of tuna and yellowtail with shrimp tempura roll to top it off.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't try and use your female guiles on me missy. No sad emoticons! I'm just saying you have three hours, and lets face it, you have a very unstable lunch history. One never knows with you... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

TheWorstPlayer
10-07-2005, 11:04 AM
California Avocado Sandwich - $5.29
French Onion Soup - $2.99
Cream Soda - $1.50

BottlesOf
10-07-2005, 11:04 AM
haha ok. but today i'm going out with some friends /images/graemlins/grin.gif i will post it and pray

Evan
10-07-2005, 11:05 AM
I'd like to reitterate JBB's worries about missing out on OOT glory. Also, I don't plan on eating at the mall so I will definitely get reimbursed as long as I make it in time.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to reitterate JBB's worries about missing out on OOT glory. Also, I don't plan on eating at the mall so I will definitely get reimbursed as long as I make it in time.

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries dude. Let's just say I'm not beyond currying favor with the mods, especially the mods who live in NY, who may or may not be able to receive the childrens meal options at the local McDonalds.

10-07-2005, 11:11 AM
[censored] you.

Edited to add: I thought this moderation thing was supposed to get rid of stupidass lunch threads like this.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does the Olivia gimmick account hate me? Oh wait, you were probably someone who got banned yesterday. Gotcha. Good luck with this new persona, it has a lot of promise.

Edit: To your edit. Lunch threads are like just mindless fun; perfect Friday fodder. If you don't enjoy them, well you must hate life/food or social interaction or all of the above.

mslif
10-07-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] you.

Edited to add: I thought this moderation thing was supposed to get rid of stupidass lunch threads like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be [censored]

10-07-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[censored] you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever, you old gray whore.

B Dids
10-07-2005, 11:23 AM
There is East Coast Bias in this thread.

I suggest 10 East Coasters and 10 West Coasters so that those of us who can't think of lunch yet don't get screwed.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I suggest 10 East Coasters and 10 West Coasters so that those of us who can't think of lunch yet don't get screwed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm taking this all into account. I will keep this fair. Somehow.

SL__72
10-07-2005, 11:26 AM
I plan on representing the midwest well... although I'm not sure exactly how just yet. 1.5 hours to decide though!

mslif
10-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Leatherface?

DireWolf
10-07-2005, 11:30 AM
im about to run to my college spa and get a colby 8 meal. Its a cheeseburger with a fried egg and its real good(includes fries and a drink as well). Total cost 5$.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
im about to run to my college spa and get a colby 8 meal. Its a cheeseburger with a fried egg and its real good(includes fries and a drink as well). Total cost 5$.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain spa?

DireWolf
10-07-2005, 11:33 AM
its just what my college calls its pub or whatever

TheWorstPlayer
10-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Spa = convenience store in backwards countries.

ddollevoet
10-07-2005, 11:37 AM
From Willy's Mexican Grill:

One spicy chicken burrito with black beans, cheese, lettuce, salsa, sour cream and onions.

One medium Coke.

$6.96

B Dids
10-07-2005, 11:43 AM
OK.

I'm thinking that I'm going to the Bombay Grill, an Indian place for a AYCE lunch buffet. I will update on specific buffet contents when I return.

SomethingClever
10-07-2005, 11:44 AM
So are we hosed on the West Coast?

I mean, I just got to work and it's already lunchtime in NY.

FWIW, I will probably get a french hoagie and some rare, thin-sliced roast beef and make myself a sammich.

Usually costs about $3.50.

samjjones
10-07-2005, 11:44 AM
One of my co-workers is trying to convince me to go to CPK for lunch today. If that happened, how much would I owe YOU?

Toro
10-07-2005, 11:47 AM
My standard Friday lunch. Fried fish sandwich and a bowl of chowder. $8.09 without the tip

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My standard Friday lunch. Fried fish sandwich and a bowl of chowder. $8.09 without the tip

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats to drink? God, I bet thats good up there. It's almost noon people.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One of my co-workers is trying to convince me to go to CPK for lunch today. If that happened, how much would I owe YOU?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm drawing a blank bro, CPK? Oh no..what California Pizza Kitchen!?>?!

Toro
10-07-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ice water with lemon = no charge.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ice water with lemon = no charge.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] Toro. I may have to enforce my Red Sox Fan ban, or you'd put a dent in the budget. That's the perfect lunch.

bosoxfan
10-07-2005, 11:54 AM
Colby in Maine? The birthplace of beer die.

SippinSoma
10-07-2005, 11:56 AM
3 Cheesey Gordita Crunches. ~$5.00. Ship it.

kipin
10-07-2005, 11:56 AM
Fish platter from a local street cafe that was selling a student menu (Fish, fries, coke) for 5 euros. ($6)

Oh and a free Dannon yogurt sample (Orange yogurt with chocolate bits in it.. you'd never find this in the States) I picked up at a metro station.

SomethingClever
10-07-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Woah.

I vaguely know a group of people that play beer die. They lived in a huge mansion in LA, but they were from the EC.

You know those guys? Boozy, etc?

MrWookie47
10-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Alright. It's now noon. While I posted in advance of going to fetch my lunch, I have now returned gloriously from a freaking fabulous meal of:

[ QUOTE ]
a grilled Godfather sub from DiBella's. Grilled capicola, salami and prosciutto, provolone cheese, spicy mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomato, onions, hot peppers, and Italian dressing served on hard crusted multigrain bread. A Coke to drink. Total cost is $7.53.

[/ QUOTE ]

miajag81
10-07-2005, 12:02 PM
Early lunch for me today. Here it is, as described above:

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/3007/10070511481un.th.jpg (http://img58.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10070511481un.jpg)

Total price: $11.53

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Alright. It's now noon. While I posted in advance of going to fetch my lunch, I have now returned gloriously from a freaking fabulous meal of:

[ QUOTE ]
a grilled Godfather sub from DiBella's. Grilled capicola, salami and prosciutto, provolone cheese, spicy mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomato, onions, hot peppers, and Italian dressing served on hard crusted multigrain bread. A Coke to drink. Total cost is $7.53.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you ate it before noon it is not lunch. Look for me the next time we have a brunch thread. $0.00

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/3007/10070511481un.th.jpg (http://img58.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10070511481un.jpg)

[/ QUOTE ]

That Iced tea looks refreshing, but again if you ate before noon, I cannot call this lunch. I'm sorry, $0.00.

mmbt0ne
10-07-2005, 12:04 PM
I'm not that hungry and my car is not here, but I like this thread idea. Definitely part of improving threads since August.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3 Cheesey Gordita Crunches. ~$5.00. Ship it.

[/ QUOTE ]

When was this purchased. Be honest.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not that hungry and my car is not here, but I like this thread idea. Definitely part of improving threads since August.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have until 3.

miajag81
10-07-2005, 12:06 PM
I did not eat it before noon. I haven't touched it yet other than a couple sips of tea.

B Dids
10-07-2005, 12:07 PM
Half my office has lunch at 11:30. I dispute this rulling in advance.

kipin
10-07-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That Iced tea looks refreshing, but again if you ate before noon, I cannot call this lunch. I'm sorry, $0.00.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like how you have backed out of every lunch so far. This thread sucks.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit: From below response.

Fries/Tomato and the Drink (although refreshing) are not items I would purchase. I also think it is overpriced, even by NYC standards.

That lunch is worth about $5.00 bucks to me. Please PM me your Stars screename, and the amount.

rohjoh
10-07-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Call, I am still working on my breakfast selection, it is a long way until lunch.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like how you have backed out of every lunch so far. This thread sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said I wasn't starting till noon. See my latest response.

rohjoh
10-07-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm drawing a blank bro, CPK? Oh no..what California Pizza Kitchen!?>?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Get the Thai Chicken Pizza

Evan
10-07-2005, 12:11 PM
Just ordered from www.delivery.com (http://www.delivery.com)

Your Current Order from Doo Zo Sushi

Any Three Rolls Lunch Special $9.95
Choice of First Roll: Salmon & Yellowtail Roll
Choice of Second Roll: Spicy Tuna Roll
Choice of Third Roll: Spicy Tuna Roll

Choice of Side: Miso Soup

Canned Soda $1.25
Choice of Soda: Sprite

Subtotal: $11.20
Tax: $0.94
Total: $12.14

Diablo, what should I tip?

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just ordered from www.delivery.com (http://www.delivery.com)

Your Current Order from Doo Zo Sushi

Any Three Rolls Lunch Special $9.95
Choice of First Roll: Salmon & Yellowtail Roll
Choice of Second Roll: Spicy Tuna Roll
Choice of Third Roll: Spicy Tuna Roll

Choice of Side: Miso Soup

Canned Soda $1.25
Choice of Soda: Sprite

Subtotal: $11.20
Tax: $0.94
Total: $12.14

Diablo, what should I tip?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good lunch and a great deal. I'd like to see more variety in the rolls though. I'm subtracting $2.00 for the repeat roll. $1.00 for the Miso Soup (too hot for soup) and the full price of the Sprite. Canned Soda doesn't do it for me, you're in college have a [censored] beer.

I'll round it up to $8.00. PM me...yadda yadda.

DireWolf
10-07-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, the birthplace.

SL__72
10-07-2005, 12:17 PM
That sandwhich looks damn tasty. Glad I requested the picture. How is the sun-dried tomato sauce?

DireWolf
10-07-2005, 12:18 PM
I just got back. My eating time was 11:50-12:10. Does this count?

Evan
10-07-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a good lunch and a great deal. I'd like to see more variety in the rolls though. I'm subtracting $2.00 for the repeat roll. $1.00 for the Miso Soup (too hot for soup) and the full price of the Sprite. Canned Soda doesn't do it for me, you're in college have a [censored] beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good analysis. I knew the double spicy tuna roll would hurt me. This place doesn't have a great selection of rolls (although they do have a spciy spider roll that isn't available for the special), but honestly there's a pretty good chance I would have gotten 2 spicy tuna rolls anyway; I think a $2 deduction is fair.

As far as the soup issue, it's pretty chilly in my apartment since we keep our A/C on pretty high, it also looks fairly overcast outside, all in all it feels like a soup day. However, I can see how someone who's set foot outside could feel differently.

I was also pretty sure the Sprite would hurt me. I've been cutting back on soda quite a bit lately but I was in the mood today. All in all though, I really can't argue when you say, "have a [censored] beer."

[ QUOTE ]
I'll round it up to $8.00. PM me...yadda yadda.

[/ QUOTE ]
PM on the way. Thanks.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just got back. My eating time was 11:50-12:10. Does this count?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your honesty. Half the price. $2.50, I'm rounding it up to $3.00 just because you're in college.

PM me..stars. blah blah.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Stars name: Screename
Agreed price: $8.00

Diplomat
10-07-2005, 12:24 PM
What, nothing to drink with the steak?

I'd suggest a bottle of Chateau Palmer, 1945. Tannins should still be strong.

-Diplomat

bosoxfan
10-07-2005, 12:27 PM
We went with Panera. I got the Italian Combo. Roast beef, turkey, ham, salami, swiss cheese, pepperoncini, LTO, some kind of sauce on Ciabatta. $6.25. Can of Mountain Dew from the vending machine 75 cents. Total= $7.00

SippinSoma
10-07-2005, 12:29 PM
Haven't purchased yet, didn't understand the rules clearly. I am going to get it right now after I finish this SNG up though.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We went with Panera. I got the Italian Combo. Roast beef, turkey, ham, salami, swiss cheese, pepperoncini, LTO, some kind of sauce on Ciabatta. $6.25. Can of Mountain Dew from the vending machine 75 cents. Total= $7.00

[/ QUOTE ]

RedSox + Roast Beef and Turkey? Swiss Cheese and this is Italian? You can't even tell me the sauce. And Mountain Dew?

I'm finding it very hard to award you anything more then $1.00 because I hear the bread is tasty.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Haven't purchased yet, didn't understand the rules clearly. I am going to get it right now after I finish this SNG up though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll award the full cost if you can tell me what SNG stands for without violating the spirit/rules of OOT.

samjjones
10-07-2005, 12:33 PM
RB and salami do not sound like a winning combo to me.

bosoxfan
10-07-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
RedSox + Roast Beef and Turkey? Swiss Cheese and this is Italian? You can't even tell me the sauce. And Mountain Dew?

I'm finding it very hard to award you anything more then $1.00 because I hear the bread is tasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why they call it Italian either. It says our special sauce on the menu. It was pretty good and the bread is excellent.

4_2_it
10-07-2005, 12:41 PM
Just got from all you can eat sushi.

miso soup
2 spicy tuna rolls
2 spicy yellowtail rolls
1 salmon roll
1 shrimp tempura roll

Price -$11.95, tax $0.84, tip for sushi maker who was also a Yankees fan $3.

The Yugoslavian
10-07-2005, 12:44 PM
Lunch is my favorite part of the day. I plan to report on what I consume even though I'm on the West Coast and I doubt I'll be done with lunch until 4pm EST at the earliest.

The good news is that my lunch will be awesome whether or not it is fully or partially free, /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Yugoslav

mslif
10-07-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't try and use your female guiles on me missy. No sad emoticons! I'm just saying you have three hours, and lets face it, you have a very unstable lunch history. One never knows with you... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You actually owe me lunch from the last lunch thread. PAY UP! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shajen
10-07-2005, 12:47 PM
In keeping with my theme:
http://www.chick-fil-a.com/images/menu_chicken_sandwich.jpg

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/images/fries_large.jpg

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/images/menu_iced_tea.jpg

$6.13

Toro
10-07-2005, 12:49 PM
Ok, I'm back.

Fish sandwich, bowl of chowder, ice water with lemon but the waitress fcuked up the bill, only $5.78.

P.S. Just so you don't think I'm a cheap sob I told her it was wrong but she didn't want to change it.

Soul Daddy
10-07-2005, 12:51 PM
2 pieces of salisbury steak, sides of mac & cheese and green beans, water. $5.19

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I'm back.

Fish sandwich, bowl of chowder, ice water with lemon but the waitress fcuked up the bill, only $5.78.

P.S. Just so you don't think I'm a cheap sob I told her it was wrong but she didn't want to change it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never. You're the full first recipient of lunch. $5.78

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2 pieces of salisbury steak, sides of mac & cheese and green beans, water. $5.19

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have discussed this with me first. I award you $1.00 for the Mac and Cheese, and should probably take it back, because I expected so much more from you. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Chic-Filet eh? I've never had it,but I hear it's the beast. Looks sorta boring to me, I'm passing judgement to mmbtone on this one, he can guage it's worth. I stand by his decision.

Soul Daddy
10-07-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have discussed this with me first. I award you $1.00 for the Mac and Cheese, and should probably take it back, because I expected so much more from you. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn it, I knew I should have gone to White Castle!

samjjones
10-07-2005, 12:59 PM
Damn you.

mmbt0ne
10-07-2005, 01:00 PM
IndieMatty: tell me how much I should chip in for shajens chic-filet lunch
mmbt0ne: alright
mmbt0ne: oh man, chick fil a is some crazy good stuff
IndieMatty: yeah, i posted that you were more qualified to answer this
mmbt0ne: the fact that he went chicken sandwich and ice-tea is definitely a major plus
IndieMatty: you southerners love your iced tea
mmbt0ne: i'd give him at least $4
IndieMatty: it just looks so boring
IndieMatty: dry and boring
IndieMatty: is there a sauce on it?
mmbt0ne: nope
mmbt0ne: you dont do that to a chick fil a sandwich
mmbt0ne: chicken, bun, pickle
mmbt0ne: thats all that comes on it

ThaSaltCracka
10-07-2005, 01:05 PM
a burrito from a local mexican restaraunt. Myself and three of my coworkers have a coupon, and we are splitting two fat burritos. Total cost is around 7.

TheWorstPlayer
10-07-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cream Soda - $1.50

[/ QUOTE ]
I posted this before because I was craving it and new I would get it but I have only now returned from eating it. I ate it well past noon.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a burrito from a local mexican restaraunt. Myself and three of my coworkers have a coupon, and we are splitting two fat burritos. Total cost is around 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

A fat burrito. Jesus TSC. A little description? People have taken pictures already.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cream Soda - $1.50

[/ QUOTE ]
I posted this before because I was craving it and new I would get it but I have only now returned from eating it. I ate it well past noon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't dig cream soda, anything that has "Californa" in the title is most likely not going to do it for me either.

French Onion Soup, on the other hand, is the bee's knees.

$3.00

SippinSoma
10-07-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll award the full cost if you can tell me what SNG stands for without violating the spirit/rules of OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slutty naked girl, what did you think I meant?

Trip report (with pictures) coming.

Shajen
10-07-2005, 01:09 PM
oh, and bro, I appreciate the gesture, but no need to buy my lunch.

We coo, we coo.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TheWorstPlayer
10-07-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It was in a bread bowl. Mmmmm...delicious.

[ QUOTE ]
$3.00

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, I don't have a Stars account. But it's the thought that counts. You're a hell of a guy.

ThaSaltCracka
10-07-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A fat burrito. Jesus TSC. A little description? People have taken pictures already.

[/ QUOTE ]ok, it is a chicken burrito, with green chile sauce. It also have beans, rice, and cheese. Chips and salsa will also be ingested, and maybe a root beer if I feel like goin nuts. All that I ask from you is enough to enter a cheap MTT tonight on stars, and I will split whatever I win if I cash.

Deal?

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]ok, it is a chicken burrito, with green chile sauce. It also have beans, rice, and cheese. Chips and salsa will also be ingested, and maybe a root beer if I feel like goin nuts. All that I ask from you is enough to enter a cheap MTT tonight on stars, and I will split whatever I win if I cash.

Deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Total deal.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
$3.00

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, I don't have a Stars account. But it's the thought that counts. You're a hell of a guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think of the fun you can have grinding.. XX-XX with $3.00 though?

TheWorstPlayer
10-07-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
$3.00

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Think of the fun you can have grinding.. XX-XX with $3.00 though?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't grind. I donate.

ThaSaltCracka
10-07-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Total deal.

[/ QUOTE ]hell yeah, hit me up later on AIM. If you get a chance, find a cheap one that is going on latet tonight, preferable less than $5.01. Perhaps all the other douches on here will join in, that way we can have an OOT donk MTT sweat feast thread. I mean, we use to do that here.

rohjoh
10-07-2005, 01:18 PM
OK, I have decided were I am going to lunch today, but may not be back to post about it until after 4:00PM est. I am just going to say you better save some money for me.

Indie can you make a suggestion for me? Here is the menu.

lunch menu (http://www.yardhouse.com/menu_beer.asp?id=5)

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Total deal.

[/ QUOTE ]hell yeah, hit me up later on AIM. If you get a chance, find a cheap one that is going on latet tonight, preferable less than $5.01. Perhaps all the other douches on here will join in, that way we can have an OOT donk MTT sweat feast thread. I mean, we use to do that here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? No no no. You find your XXXXXX and PM me, I'll transfer to you whatever it is. I'm only going to have like an hour between work and going out tonight.

SippinSoma
10-07-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My camera phone's network is crashing on me right now. I'll get them up as soon as it comes back. $5.10.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My camera phone's network is crashing on me right now. I'll get them up as soon as it comes back. $5.10.

[/ QUOTE ]

Picture = PM with sn

SippinSoma
10-07-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Picture = PM with sn

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/8059/0710051258562br.jpg

Only pic that has gotten through so far. Pics of drive-thru, receipt, and disappearing gorditas on the way ASAP.

ghostface
10-07-2005, 01:52 PM
Hmm pizza hut with my girlfriend. Went with the personal pan pizza combo meal. Pepperoni pizza, sald bar, and a drink.

$5.77

(only cause she wouldn't go to Taco Bell...bitch)

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmm pizza hut with my girlfriend. Went with the personal pan pizza combo meal. Pepperoni pizza, sald bar, and a drink.

$5.77

(only cause she wouldn't go to Taco Bell...bitch)

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't have the AYCE Lunch Buffet anymore?

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From Willy's Mexican Grill:

One spicy chicken burrito with black beans, cheese, lettuce, salsa, sour cream and onions.

One medium Coke.

$6.96

[/ QUOTE ]

$5.50

B00T
10-07-2005, 01:58 PM
From the local Bar/Tavern

Chicken Cheese Steak with Peppers and Onions with a side of Ranch dressing. Side order of steak fries. Dr Pepper to drink. Total cost $6.89

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From the local Bar/Tavern

Chicken Cheese Steak with Peppers and Onions with a side of Ranch dressing. Side order of steak fries. Dr Pepper to drink. Total cost $6.89

[/ QUOTE ]

$5.00

Shajen
10-07-2005, 02:02 PM
btw, you rule for doing this dude. Good [censored].

Edit: I am interested to see what El D and the other West Side Ballers come into this thread with.

Sifmole
10-07-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a TV dinner, you know in the little black plastic seperated plate....

Matt Flynn
10-07-2005, 02:18 PM
I splurged today. Went to the Gates gas station as usual, but instead of the blister-pack sandwich spent the extra and got a ham and swiss cheese lunchable, basic pack, no drink, no Skittles. Cost: $2.71. Got my coffee at work. It was really good. I ate it in the van while it was raining hard.

Matt

10-07-2005, 02:20 PM
I had a Meat Lover's Combo from Pizza Hut Express for $6.60.
Includes:
-Individual Pan Meat Lover's Pizza
-3 breadsticks with pizza sauce
-20 oz. drink

Also thrown in for fun was a fight between 2 women that the cops had to break up.

ThaSaltCracka
10-07-2005, 02:20 PM
oh [censored]...well I am three hours behind you.

benza13
10-07-2005, 02:23 PM
Wish I saw this thread before I had lunch today so I coulda put some effort in, great idea Matty.

I had a box of Kraft Mac and Cheese, with a bunch of Frank's Red Hot Sauce and a Coke...total cost ~$1.50

nolanfan34
10-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Going to a Eurasian Bistro with the Mrs to talk with a mortgage lender. Report coming soon, should be some good options.

imported_anacardo
10-07-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Going to a Eurasian Bistro with the Mrs to talk with a mortgage lender. Report coming soon, should be some good options.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want you to understand in the very depths of your soul that your wife is hot.

That is all.

stabn
10-07-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Andre's? I was thinking about going there. I have to start all over again with my planning now.

razor
10-07-2005, 02:39 PM
The standard Friday lunch at DQ (the owners are very good friends of mine)

Deluxe Double Cheeseburger
Fries (I received a large serving at no extra cost today)
Pepsi
Chocolate Sundae

$7.00 cdn

10-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Wendy's double with cheese, extra onions. No fries, no drink. $3.91. It was good.

daryn
10-07-2005, 02:47 PM
just got back, pad thai, $6 plus tax, $6.30

Wes ManTooth
10-07-2005, 02:50 PM
Bottom Left Sandwich

http://www.cv-arbys.com/images/Sandwiches2.jpg

The Big Montana from Arby's

combo meal with Curley spicy fries and a coke $5.99

oh and of course with Arby's Special sauce

The Yugoslavian
10-07-2005, 02:50 PM
Rohjoh,

Rogue Hazelnut Brown Ale is a winner IMO.

If you're also going to eat something with that I recommend the fish and chips (generous portion and very tasty) or if you're not as hungry, the chicken fingers (they come with those yam fries or whatever that are ridiculously good).

Which Yard House are you going to?

Yugoslav

jackdaniels
10-07-2005, 02:54 PM
I had home made today:

2 chicken cutlets on a sesame bun (egg bun, the yellow, sweet kind) with Hummus (http://www.twosheiks.com/hummus.html) , sliced tomatoes and a bit of hot sauce to give it some "tang". On the side I had 2 dill pickles and bag of chips called "Bisli" (BBQ flavou). I washed it all down with some nice Ice Tea (Snapple, peach flavor).

Please note that the Hummus, pickles, Bisli and tomato(!) were all brought in from Israel a few days ago whne my wife got back from there (so there was an "Imported" factor in my lunch.

Total cost (estimated): $8.00 - USD (about $10.00 CDN)

Bulldog
10-07-2005, 02:55 PM
Foot-long chicken breast w/lettuce, american cheese, and yellow mustard toasted on parmesan oregano bread. Meal deal with plain baked Lay's and a Pibb Xtra--$7.71.

edtost
10-07-2005, 02:55 PM
salami + provolone on a hard roll with mustard and tomatoes.

free at my "eating club" at school, (annual cost)/(number of meals) is about $7-8.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 02:59 PM
I like Arbys a lot. $5.00.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Foot-long chicken breast w/lettuce, american cheese, and yellow mustard toasted on parmesan oregano bread. Meal deal with plain baked Lay's and a Pibb Xtra--$7.71.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like to see some onions, and your yellow mustard choice is disturbing.

$2.83

SL__72
10-07-2005, 03:01 PM
I didn't get quite what I had planned for lunch today. I wanted to go to this place called Market BBQ and have this:

Tex-Jack - Juicy, thin sliced beef, sauteed onion, American or Monterrey Jack cheese on toasted garlic baguette with crisp bacon, french fries, and cole slaw (with the jack cheese obivously)

but a coworker persuaded me to go to Ping's (chinese buffet).

Pings is a very solid buffet and my lunch included:
Egg Roll
Cream cheese wantons
some sort of spicy beef wanton
pork dumpling
white rice
potato dish
general tso chicken
pork mien fun
fried sugary ball thing (basically a donut)
and a fortune cookie.

$6.95+tx and tip.

/edit ice water to drink.

Overall I am pleased and very ready for a nap.

bicyclekick
10-07-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries dude. Let's just say I'm not beyond currying favor with the mods, especially the mods who live in NY, who may or may not be able to receive the childrens meal options at the local McDonalds.

[/ QUOTE ]

bahahahahhaah

Joshssj4
10-07-2005, 03:07 PM
12" white bread turkey/ham/bacon/melted cheese sub
$9.69canadian
/images/graemlins/frown.gif

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had home made today:

2 chicken cutlets on a sesame bun (egg bun, the yellow, sweet kind) with Hummus (http://www.twosheiks.com/hummus.html) , sliced tomatoes and a bit of hot sauce to give it some "tang". On the side I had 2 dill pickles and bag of chips called "Bisli" (BBQ flavou). I washed it all down with some nice Ice Tea (Snapple, peach flavor).

Please note that the Hummus, pickles, Bisli and tomato(!) were all brought in from Israel a few days ago whne my wife got back from there (so there was an "Imported" factor in my lunch.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds great. Homemade lunches are not in the running, I am sorry.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
salami + provolone on a hard roll with mustard and tomatoes.

free at my "eating club" at school, (annual cost)/(number of meals) is about $7-8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lunch: Overpriced. I hate tomatos. But salami and provolone is solid and tasty. Here's the thing, you didn't lay out any money for this today. I award you $0. But I feel sorta bad about it.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I splurged today. Went to the Gates gas station as usual, but instead of the blister-pack sandwich spent the extra and got a ham and swiss cheese lunchable, basic pack, no drink, no Skittles. Cost: $2.71. Got my coffee at work. It was really good. I ate it in the van while it was raining hard.

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Lunch at the gas station? Eating in your Van? Are you really Matt Foley?

$0.00

rohjoh
10-07-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Rohjoh,

If you're also going to eat something with that I recommend the fish and chips (generous portion and very tasty) or if you're not as hungry, the chicken fingers (they come with those yam fries or whatever that are ridiculously good).

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to the Costa Mesa Yard House. I had the chicken figures on Monday night. The beer selection is overwhelming. Just too many to choose from. Maybe I will try the Fish and Chips.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 03:15 PM
$6.00. I will not support Minnesotas obscene tax structure nor it's asian community.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rohjoh,

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to the Costa Mesa Yard House. I had the chicken figures on Monday night. The beer selection is overwhelming. Just too many to choose from. Maybe I will try the Fish and Chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're already on shaky ground with "figures"

DrNo888
10-07-2005, 03:20 PM
I probably disqualifed myself by having the same lunch I had few weeks ago:

NY Steak on a French roll with lettuce, tomato, mayo and mustard
Pasta salad (Penne, olive, bell peppers, green onions in light tomato marinade)
Fruit Salad (3 types of melons, grapes, and pineapples)
Chocolate chip cookie
bottled water
$5.00

rohjoh
10-07-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rohjoh,

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not need your money, just want to have the best lunch possible!

ethan
10-07-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Homemade lunches are not in the running, I am sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you change your mind on this one, I had tri-tip with a port sauce and shallots. Total cost as best I can figure it is around $6: $4 or so for the steak, and $2 for the sauce ($1 for the port, $0.50 for the shallots, $0.50 for the demi-glace). There are a couple other ingredients in there, but not in significant amounts.

Matt Flynn
10-07-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Lunch at the gas station? Eating in your Van? Are you really Matt Foley?

$0.00

[/ QUOTE ]

you cheap bastard.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rohjoh,

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

heh. I doubt anyone here needs 1.85-5.00. Whatever you do, let us know the beer selection.

SomethingClever
10-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Ok, it's 12:27 here, and I changed my mind. I got the American Dream pizza that I've discussed before with Matty.

It was $6.58 including tip and it's the best pizza in the world /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, it's 12:27 here, and I changed my mind. I got the American Dream pizza that I've discussed before with Matty.

It was $6.58 including tip and it's the best pizza in the world /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh. $5.00 because it's not NY. PM

BottlesOf
10-07-2005, 03:30 PM
Very simple and cheap.

One slice of plain pizza, an order of four garlic knots and a ginger ale.

$4

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Very simple and cheap.

One slice of plain pizza, an order of four garlic knots and a ginger ale.

$4

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you get drunk last night?

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You actually owe me lunch from the last lunch thread. PAY UP! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have a stars account.

$7.00 if you did.

jackdaniels
10-07-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I had home made today:

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds great. Homemade lunches are not in the running, I am sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh... That's too bad. Maybe run another one of these on another day for those of us who regularly bring home made for lunch.

Either way I think this was a great thread idea and I thank you for your support of my lunch choice (even though I know you hate tomatoes /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

chuddo
10-07-2005, 03:38 PM
opted for the standard friday late lunch and went with the fazoli's right by my place.

side cesar salad with extra crutons
penne pasta with spicy marinara + grilled spicy chicken
large mr pibb (a sweeter but not as good dr pepper knockoff)
small strawberry ice thing for desert.

total: 7.48

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
opted for the standard friday late lunch and went with the fazoli's right by my place.

side cesar salad with extra crutons
penne pasta with spicy marinara + grilled spicy chicken
large mr pibb (a sweeter but not as good dr pepper knockoff)
small strawberry ice thing for desert.

total: 7.48

[/ QUOTE ]

though I realize it is very hard to find halfway decent italian food in lexington, I cannot in anyway support an italian chain restaurant. I award you $0.00 and implore you to move somewhere with a little italy.

B Dids
10-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Update. I'm going home from work early- so instead of something good, it's looking like cold cut sandwich from home. Woo.

rohjoh
10-07-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rohjoh,

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

heh. I doubt anyone here needs 1.85-5.00. Whatever you do, let us know the beer selection.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just got this from my buddy I am meeting, via cell phone. I can almost taste that beer. Bastard beat me to the bar. Got to go!
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a355/rohjoh/yardhouse.jpg

chuddo
10-07-2005, 03:42 PM
there are a number of decent italian places here in lexington as far as upscale places go.

however when it comes to immediate italian lunch within a few minutes of my place, fazoli's is the way it has to be.

but i can't say i disagree with your assessment.

stabn
10-07-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Andre's? I was thinking about going there. I have to start all over again with my planning now.

[/ QUOTE ]

My lunch plans didn't work out so i went to pagliacci:

One slice whole milk mozzarella cheese pizza
One slice fontina/mozzarella cheese/mushroom/kalamata olive/goat cheese/roasted glaric/tomatos/parsley on an olive oil base.
Thomas kemper root beer.

$4 without drink, $6 with drink and tax.

DarkForceRising
10-07-2005, 03:47 PM
Two (2) Chicken Chalupa Supreme- $4.22.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My lunch plans didn't work out so i went to pagliacci:

One slice whole milk mozzarella cheese pizza
One slice fontina/mozzarella cheese/mushroom/kalamata olive/goat cheese/roasted glaric/tomatos/parsley on an olive oil base.
Thomas kemper root beer.

$4 without drink, $6 with drink and tax.

[/ QUOTE ]

$6 - pm me.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a fan of the Chalupa, nor buying two of the same item.

I got one though. $2.00, PM me.

mslif
10-07-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have a stars account.

$7.00 if you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Account created. No more excuses

SomethingClever
10-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Pagliacci is very good. Nice choice.

MaxPower
10-07-2005, 03:56 PM
I hope I'm not too late.

I went to the Shake Shack. I had a Shack Burger, Fries and a milkshake. Cost me about $10.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope I'm not too late.

I went to the Shake Shack. I had a Shack Burger, Fries and a milkshake. Cost me about $10.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got half, just because I am jealous I have yet to go to SS.

PM to remind me.

MaxPower
10-07-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope I'm not too late.

[/ QUOTE ]

PM to remind me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want approval not money. If your conscience bothers you, you know what my Stars name is.

DarkForceRising
10-07-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a fan of the Chalupa, nor buying two of the same item.

I got one though. $2.00, PM me.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Stars account- I just wanted to be a part of the thread. Thanks anyway, though! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope I'm not too late.

[/ QUOTE ]

PM to remind me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want approval not money. If your conscience bothers you, you know what my Stars name is.

[/ QUOTE ]

You always have my approval Max. Unless you're ordering some whitefish...yechhh

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 04:11 PM
My Lunch:

Shrimp Parmigiana Hero from GrottoNYC on New St. in Downtown Manhattan. 20oz Diet Coke. One Parliament.

$8.90

DarkForceRising
10-07-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My Lunch:

Shrimp Parmigiana Hero from GrottoNYC on New St. in Downtown Manhattan. 20oz Diet Coke. One Parliament.

$8.90

[/ QUOTE ]

nh. I didn't think you could even get the Diet Coke for $8.90 in Manhattan.

MEbenhoe
10-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Bucky's Burger Barn Friday Lunch Special

Prime Rib, baked potato and corn - $8.50

delicious

SL__72
10-07-2005, 04:17 PM
How was it?

Ulysses
10-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Dammit, TODAY of all days I have conference calls all morning and won't have lunch 'til 2. Hopefully I still get the HOOK-UP!!!!!

Toro
10-07-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My Lunch:

$8.90

[/ QUOTE ]

That's amazing. The last time I was in NYC was over 20 years ago. My wife and I went to some lunch type place, nothing fancy and the cheapest thing on the menu was franks and beans for $8.50. Remember this was over 20 years ago.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How was it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very tasty. One of my favorites.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dammit, TODAY of all days I have conference calls all morning and won't have lunch 'til 2. Hopefully I still get the HOOK-UP!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I extended West Coast reporting till 5:00, I'm within my budget for this I think. So you have a chance.

Just to note:

If I missed you somehow in this thread. Throw me a PM.
If I said to PM me, PM with SN and $$$.

I'm out. Payment will be processed this weekend.

/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BottlesOf
10-07-2005, 04:31 PM
No.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I am not paying for a gingerale.

$3.00.

10-07-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My Lunch:

$8.90

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF happened to Zone chefs, dude?? Shrimp Parm hero pwns all other italian parm heros IMO

BottlesOf
10-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Huzzah!

http://www.williamsanderson.net/ebfarnum.jpg

The Yugoslavian
10-07-2005, 04:52 PM
I went with 3 friends at work to Arriba Baja Grill.

I ate marinated Mahi Mahi in crispy flour tortillas with lettuce, cheese and tomato. I had black beans and mexican rice on the side, ice water with lemon to drink. The salsas that I used were fire roasted medium salsa and guacamole salsa in a 1 to 2 ratio.

While eating no less than 7 honeys walked by.

3 blondes, one with big fake breasts and a bit of an OC sneer to her, one very fit, thin blonde wearing a cute skirt and quite tan and the other with very nice breasts that could be real, a pleasant smile and nice, tight fitting jeans.

1 redhead and 1 brunette passed by, both tall with a thin, corporate look about them but finely featured faces.

Lastly an asian chick walked by who was very fashionable (white thin sweater exposing her neck perfectly, and 3/4 pants or whatever with some sort of ankle bracelet, and had the cutest face of all 7 women and was in an easily viewable line for our viewing pleasure....

I give the overall lunch experience an 8/10 (we had to park in a spot that wasn't ideal - otherwise 8.5 easy). I am more than ready for the rest of my work day.

$5.87

Yugoslav

PITTM
10-07-2005, 05:37 PM
I just got back from taqueria santa cruz:

2 carnitas soft tacos $3.19
plate of rice and beans $2.89
corona $2.00

$8.08

rj

rohjoh
10-07-2005, 05:43 PM
Ended up going with Yugo's recomendation on the beer.

I had the following:

Jerk Chicken with Shrimp Stack - jamaican spiced grilled chicken breast with fresh mango, zucchini salsa and shrimp enchilada with jack cheese, sweet corn, pasilla peppers, tomatillo and red chile sauce.
Rogue Hazelnut Brown Ale x 2, which is a dark brown nutty beer with a slight hazelnut taste to it, quite good.

I bought my buddies lunch, so I am giong to include what he had:

Cuban Roast Pork Dip - tomatoes, pepper jack, dijon on french bread grilled with bbq au jus
Blue Moon Belgian White x 2 with an orange slice in them, to which he was heckled by two girls at the bar for having fruit in his beer.

$68 including tip.

rohjoh
10-07-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I ate marinated Mahi Mahi in crispy flour tortillas with lettuce, cheese and tomato. I had black beans and mexican rice on the side, ice water with lemon to drink. The salsas that I used were fire roasted medium salsa and guacamole salsa in a 1 to 2 ratio.

3 blondes, one with big fake breasts and a bit of an OC sneer to her, one very fit, thin blonde wearing a cute skirt and quite tan and the other with very nice breasts that could be real, a pleasant smile and nice, tight fitting jeans.

1 redhead and 1 brunette passed by, both tall with a thin, corporate look about them but finely featured faces.

Lastly an asian chick walked by who was very fashionable (white thin sweater exposing her neck perfectly, and 3/4 pants or whatever with some sort of ankle bracelet, and had the cutest face of all 7 women and was in an easily viewable line for our viewing pleasure....

I give the overall lunch experience an 8/10 (we had to park in a spot that wasn't ideal - otherwise 8.5 easy). I am more than ready for the rest of my work day.

$5.87

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Were is this? I may have to try it next Friday.

SackUp
10-07-2005, 05:50 PM
My lunch was delicious, though I made it myself.

Baby back ribs that are smothered in sweet baby rays bbq sauce, tater tots, a garden salad with lots of veggies (tomato, cucumber, carrots, mushrooms) and bleu cheese dressing. And Gordon Biersch Pilsner to drink.

nolanfan34
10-07-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, thanks. I was aware. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I missed the deadline, but will report anyway. I had the Ha Noi Beef, which is wok sauted flank steak, broccoli, carrots, green beans, and a garlic hoisin sauce. Jasmine rice on the side. Water with lemon. It was pretty good. $7.95 total.

Mrs. Nolanfan had a grilled chicken caesar salad. It looked like a good one, but I would dock her points for unoriginality.

Alas, the guy we were meeting with bought lunch, so you owe me nothing. Just wanted to report back. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

And yes Josh, it was Andres. Very busy, but was very good.

Ulysses
10-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Tostada (in a Mexican-style fried flour tortilla bowl, not a flat one) from Mexico au Parc (formerly Pepito's).

Rice, refried beans, steak, cheese, sour cream, guac, lettuce, pico, hot salsa

Corn tortilla chips w/ pico, green chili salsa

Mexican bottled Coca-cola

$7.75 + $1 tip (It was actually $7.76. I was going to tip 24 cents if that is what I got back, $1 if I got back a quarter)

The Yugoslavian
10-07-2005, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Were is this? I may have to try it next Friday.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to the one near the Spectrum in Irvine (where I work). While I got fish tacos, don't be fooled into thinking that it is like Wahoo's....they are pretty different IMO and I like both quite a bit for different reasons. Wahoo's is typically even better for sightseeing being next to the parking lot in the Spectrum.

Here are Arriba Baja Grill locations:

http://www.arribabajagrill.com/contact.html

And their menu:
http://www.arribabajagrill.com/menu.html
(although sweet corn cake and grilled cebollita do not appear on the combo meal IRL...apparently it's just a figment of their online menu)

I agree that the Yardhouse has a pretty daunting selection, but this becomes a plus when your waitress is cute and you are a loquacious fellow. Everything I've ever eaten there has ranged from solid to very solid so yeah, I like it, /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Possibly my favorite lunch place is Pei Wei though, I think I'm simply addicted, /images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

Yugoslav

PITTM
10-07-2005, 09:22 PM
no grade for me? i think i made the westcoast deadline did i not?

rj

IndieMatty
10-08-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The standard Friday lunch at DQ (the owners are very good friends of mine)

Deluxe Double Cheeseburger
Fries (I received a large serving at no extra cost today)
Pepsi
Chocolate Sundae

$7.00 cdn

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ, i didn't want to bump this thread, but I missed a ton.

Awesome lunch. $4 US

IndieMatty
10-08-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wendy's double with cheese, extra onions. No fries, no drink. $3.91. It was good.

[/ QUOTE ]

$3.00 Get the value meal next time. Good job on the extra onions.

IndieMatty
10-08-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

$5.87

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Great report. $5

IndieMatty
10-08-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, thanks. I was aware. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I missed the deadline, but will report anyway. I had the Ha Noi Beef, which is wok sauted flank steak, broccoli, carrots, green beans, and a garlic hoisin sauce. Jasmine rice on the side. Water with lemon. It was pretty good. $7.95 total.

Mrs. Nolanfan had a grilled chicken caesar salad. It looked like a good one, but I would dock her points for unoriginality.

Alas, the guy we were meeting with bought lunch, so you owe me nothing. Just wanted to report back. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

And yes Josh, it was Andres. Very busy, but was very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sound great; Full Price!

IndieMatty
10-08-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tostada (in a Mexican-style fried flour tortilla bowl, not a flat one) from Mexico au Parc (formerly Pepito's).

Rice, refried beans, steak, cheese, sour cream, guac, lettuce, pico, hot salsa

Corn tortilla chips w/ pico, green chili salsa

Mexican bottled Coca-cola

$7.75 + $1 tip (It was actually $7.76. I was going to tip 24 cents if that is what I got back, $1 if I got back a quarter)

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect lunch. Full purchase price.

IndieMatty
10-08-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

corona $2.00

$8.08

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

I got your bronson, and one carnita, $3.75

Evan
10-08-2005, 01:45 PM
As long as this thread has been bumped, I just ordered lunch for today from Silver Spurs:

Hamburger (medium rare) w/ fresh mozzerella cheese and bacon. Side of sweet potato fries. No drink, just water from my fridge because I'm trying to counterbalance my heart attack burger with something healthier.

Total cost: $11.50 (I'll come right out and say I think this meal is overpriced, although the burger is big)

IndieMatty
10-08-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bucky's Burger Barn Friday Lunch Special

Prime Rib, baked potato and corn - $8.50

delicious

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesnt sound like lunch. $0.00

Evan
10-08-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

corona $2.00

$8.08

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Matt, I hate to impose, but I feel like I have to. As someone who ate an average of 3 meals/week at Taqueria Santa Cruz this summer, I'm confident you should compensate PITTM for the full price of his meal. The food is great and the portions are very large.

IndieMatty
10-08-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As long as this thread has been bumped, I just ordered lunch for today from Silver Spurs:

Hamburger (medium rare) w/ fresh mozzerella cheese and bacon. Side of sweet potato fries. No drink, just water from my fridge because I'm trying to counterbalance my heart attack burger with something healthier.

Total cost: $11.50 (I'll come right out and say I think this meal is overpriced, although the burger is big)

[/ QUOTE ]

By the way you were the one of two maybe to PM me with screename AND price. I'm sitting here hungover writing stupid 2+2 names and dollar amounts on some Fordham Alumni [censored].

IndieMatty
10-08-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

corona $2.00

$8.08

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Matt, I hate to impose, but I feel like I have to. As someone who ate an average of 3 meals/week at Taqueria Santa Cruz this summer, I'm confident you should compensate PITTM for the full price of his meal. The food is great and the portions are very large.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take this under advisement.

Evan
10-08-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sitting here hungover writing stupid 2+2 names and dollar amounts on some Fordham Alumni [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, I have a couple questions because I'm confused. What is the "[censored]"? Why are you writing 2+2 names on something related to Fordham Alumni?

Whatever, I'm glad to hear at least two of us could follow your simple instructions.

IndieMatty
10-08-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sitting here hungover writing stupid 2+2 names and dollar amounts on some Fordham Alumni [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, I have a couple questions because I'm confused. What is the "[censored]"? Why are you writing 2+2 names on something related to Fordham Alumni?

Whatever, I'm glad to hear at least two of us could follow your simple instructions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nevermind, I just cursed. I'm writing names down, because I need to go back and find out how much I said I'd give, then i have to go back to their PM and Stars. Yadda yadda. I am very lazy too, I don't want anyone calling me a chissler.

Evan
10-08-2005, 01:58 PM
I gotcha. Well let me say, on behalf of OOT, you're a gentleman and a scholar, Mr. IndieMatty.

mslif
10-08-2005, 01:59 PM
FYI
Matty is not a chissler, I got paid.
Thank you Matt, it was very generous of you.

IndieMatty
10-08-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
just got back, pad thai, $6 plus tax, $6.30

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never had pad thai, but hear it is excellent and I should try it.

I got $6.00 for this, because I won't support MA taxes.