PDA

View Full Version : The Great KT...

etgryphon
10-07-2005, 08:51 AM
General Question...

I almost never play a hand like KTs/KJs etc. But I'm thinking that there have to be a few times where it is a good move.

Would you want to play this a passive table with lots of limpers? Do you want to play it in late position at an aggressive loose table? Would you ever play it offsuit?

What are you thoughts when you play a hand like KTs?

-Gryph

troymclur
10-07-2005, 09:14 AM
i always play hands like that (e.g. KT, QT, J9 etc.) when i have position and its cheap. If i'm MP-anything, i'll usually toss it unless the table conditions are abnormal.

If i have good position, and am facing folds with a couple limps thrown in, i'm raising almost all the time. Its a very high varience form of play, but its worked well for me as it almost completley relies on your post-flop skill.

Sometimes, i'll vary my play by three betting PF if i think i can isolate the initial raiser. My logic is that if i merely raise on my lonesome or call the initial raise, hands that have me dominated will not fold, but if there is a three-bet in thier way i could very well isolate the initial raiser, which then allows me to more easily play good post-flop poker. This strategy can get expensive though. While many times you'll find your self up against a better hand (good pair, or a strong ace) you will also find yourself horribly dominated. So i only play like this when i have good reads on my opponents.

usually if i'm calling, i'm really only looking for those monster flops.

10-07-2005, 10:02 AM
I like to open with it in CO/button, and if it's suited I'll call with it in position sometimes after 2+ limpers

maybe you'd like to comment on this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3602129&page=1&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) post I made recently

And btw, About the last 5 posts I've made I have 1 maybe 2 posters reply. Is this because my posted hands suck or something?

10-07-2005, 10:11 AM
How do you 3-bet in NL?

10-07-2005, 10:13 AM
NL players use the term 3-bet too

It just means re-raise preflop

NYCNative
10-07-2005, 12:16 PM
I will limp with KTs even in EP to see a cheap flop on tables where it's likely I can. I will raise with KT in LP sometimes as a poisition play. On tables with a lot of PF raising and calling stations, I usually don't mess with it.