PDA

View Full Version : Leykis Internet Feeds?

10-07-2005, 05:48 AM
Does anyone here know of anyplace on the internet where I can get a radio feed of Tom Leykis's show? Love listening to the guy, but normally when I'm online playing he's not on. Be greatly therapeutic to be able to start playing again with the king of the talk-radio airwaves blaring through my speakers.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Benholio
10-07-2005, 06:23 AM
Never heard of the guy, but the first match in google was his website, which includes mp3's updated weekly (http://www.blowmeuptom.com/audio.html) .

10-07-2005, 06:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Never heard of the guy, but the first match in google was his website, which includes mp3's updated weekly (http://www.blowmeuptom.com/audio.html) .

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, his website only has like 3 minute clips - sort of a "Best Of" archives.

For you and all who don't know - Tom Leykis is the king of radio for men, especially the Under-30 crowd.

private joker
10-07-2005, 07:06 AM
Why be passive and just listen? Why not find some unsuspecting, innocent young woman, drag her by her hair back to your tiny apartment, sling insults at her until she cries, beat the crap out of her until she bleeds from both cheeks, then lie your way into her pants, bang her, dump her onto the street, and then get pissed off when she wants her shoes back. You don't owe her anything!

Also, drink a lot of wine while you're doing this. And pretend you know what you're talking about when you compare the cabernet to the syrah.

10-07-2005, 07:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why be passive and just listen? Why not find some unsuspecting, innocent young woman, drag her by her hair back to your tiny apartment, sling insults at her until she cries, beat the crap out of her until she bleeds from both cheeks, then lie your way into her pants, bang her, dump her onto the street, and then get pissed off when she wants her shoes back. You don't owe her anything!

Also, drink a lot of wine while you're doing this. And pretend you know what you're talking about when you compare the cabernet to the syrah.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never once heard Leykis talk about beating women, ever.

As far as the lying into her pants, screwing her and dumping her - why not? My ex-fiancee didn't cheat on me, but definitely made me see the true colors of most women under 25.

You want the money, the cock, and the car - you better be ready to deal with the insults, the cock, and the street.

Take me out with a bonghit, TOM!

Edit: BTW - how many females do you know of that would come back to your apartment and still be both unsuspecting and innocent? Sounds more like a tramp to me.

10-07-2005, 07:28 AM
Excerpt from official website http://BlowMeUpTom.com :

Equally provocative is his "Leykis 101." An unapologetic primer to help men get laid with minimum effort, its "rules" - a retort to the women's self-help guide - include Never spend a lot of money impressing her on the first date, Stop seeing her if you don't get laid by the third date, and Never date single mothers. Like Flash Fridays this, too, began innocently enough, with Leykis lecturing a staff member about his love life. While most male listeners have welcomed "Leykis 101" like manna from heaven, many women see it as the Black Plague. On "Politically Incorrect" in February 1999, Leykis defended his position amid a hostile group of female panelists: "We don't fall in love with you until we get some tail!...If you think that we hear a word you say before we get in your panties, let me tell you something, we don't!" Controversy may not be the meat-and-potatoes of his show, but as it reaches more listeners in more cities, Leykis continues to be a lightning rod. On his rule against dating single mothers he points to a Washington state law that makes a man responsible for a child with whom he has developed a "bond," even if it is not his child. On "discussions" that become "beliefs," he recalls one show about the ethics of picking up women who had been molested as children, rebuking the notion that talking about a subject implies an endorsement.

---

So in essence, PrivateJoker - why is he bad for thinking and speaking about the things most real men already know?

private joker
10-07-2005, 07:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

So in essence, PrivateJoker - why is he bad for thinking and speaking about the things most real men already know?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I don't have time to discuss this. I'm too busy respecting other human beings, listening to what they have to say, and reconsidering my own opinions on a variety of subjects.

10-07-2005, 09:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I don't have time to discuss this. I'm too busy respecting other human beings, listening to what they have to say, and reconsidering my own opinions on a variety of subjects.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, in other words, you're going to disrespect myself and a thread about a talk-radio show to pump yourself up? Then turn and run when someone asks you about your opinion?

You sound just like the bitchy little sluts Tom talks about. Bitchy, thinking only about yourself. And judging from the sounds of it, maybe you should listen to Tom, because you definitely sound like someone who is in dire need of sex.

bernie
10-07-2005, 04:20 PM
I've been a leykis listener for about 10 years. He rocks!

But remember, even he doesn't believe some of the stuff he says. Some of his best stuff is about politics and economics. He used to have a radio show on that long ago. He also did a fantastic show on 9-11. He came in to the station early that day per the stations request. That was a much different show than he normally did.

From what I remember, he has had callers ask him about internet feeds. I think his reasoning was he doesn't do them because he wouldn't be getting any money for it. That may have changed though.

Tell you one thing though, many here on OOT could get good use out of listening to him on Thursdays.

b

Asufiji2004
10-07-2005, 04:49 PM
worst show ever. Everyone who calls just wants to hear their own voice. 99% of the stories are lies. I'm glad he got jumped and go the crap beat out of him. That made me happy

tpir90036
10-07-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
worst show ever. Everyone who calls just wants to hear their own voice. 99% of the stories are lies. I'm glad he got jumped and go the crap beat out of him. That made me happy

[/ QUOTE ]
He also is one of those "radio voice" guys who has to put on that thick BS tone to be cool. No way he talks like that if you corner him in an alley and ask him for his wallet. Andrew Siciliano does the same thing. Very annoying.

Blarg
10-07-2005, 06:33 PM
He's a mixed bag who owes a lot to Howard Stern, as does talk radio in general, but when he's on, he's on, and can be terrifically entertaining.

His Leykis 101 not only teaches guys how to get laid, but, at least as importantly, how not to get screwed. There are a lot of decent guys in the world getting completely run over by as many women as can possibly figure out a way to do it; you've seen their sorry carcasses getting helplessly batted about this way and that. More of the same is not what you want for them any more than it would be what you want for yourself.

Leykis reminds guys to keep their own houses in order before they go bleeding their emotional guts out, or emptying their wallet out, on the wrong women. He believes you shouldn't take a relationship for anything other than what it is, until proven different. No soaring on angel's wings to squishy love heaven, no panacea to all your life's problems -- a relationship is first of all what it is, and people are who they are, not what you wish it all to be.

So don't try to impress a woman by being anything other than yourself. Spending money on her isn't "romantic" or "generous"; it's just spending money, dudes. Sure, she may like you more, but not because you're so special. It's because you spend money on her. Wbo on the planet wouldn't like that? If you want a whore, feel free to buy one. If you want to see if a girl likes you or whether she actually likes your money, like Leykis says, the best way to find out isn't to go dumping money on her. Especially if you can't afford to sustain that level of ATM-hood forever.

If she likes you, she'll have no problem letting you know. It's not a hard task, and women are very good at it. You won't have to date her for a million years, "figure her out," or make the case for yourself by spending money. You won't have to be a doormat, though some people find that impossible to believe and haven't been in any other kinds of relationships.

Leykis says some common sense things that many if not most of us know, but many don't want to hear.

His politics are often hilariously shallow(he seems to righteously worship yuppies, having become a late-blooming old yuppie himself), but he's quite smart and well-informed, and while he does have that disk-jockey gross phoniness every once in a while, as another poster noted, and while he surely says things just for effect sometimes, he's actually refreshingly straightforward about a lot of things, and almost always entertaining even at his most annoying.