PDA

View Full Version : Flopped str8 vs turned flush. Help me!

saxhoe
10-07-2005, 05:47 AM
blinds 0,25-0,50
utg with $21 calls I'm ($71) raising beihind him to 2.50 with AKo (red), everyone folds except UTG who calls.

Flop comes QJ10 two /images/graemlins/club.gif. He checks and I bet 3.50 and he calls.
Turn comes 9 :club. He checks. What do I do? He's got $15 left...

Ojo_Rojo
10-07-2005, 06:14 AM
I usually bet full pot on flops like this w/AK, as youre likely to get action of some sort.

I would bet out again on the turn. If he has 2 clubs, thems the breaks and I'm doubling him up. You could still get virtually dead money from a bare Kxo, a call from a lone Ac, or from a dominated set.

Ojo_Rojo

saxhoe
10-08-2005, 04:55 PM
ok thx. I bet the the turn and he went allin with k /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

djoyce003
10-08-2005, 05:25 PM
bet more on the flop....I'd bet the turn and if he has the flush so be it but I don't necessarily give him credit when it's just heads up....sucks to lose this one but that's poker.

ajmargarine
10-08-2005, 06:13 PM
His stack is so tiny that you are pretty much destined to double him up on this hand. I look at his stack and go half his stack on the flop, and the other half on the turn. If he had a more normal stack, 3/4 pot flop, maybe 2/3 turn. Just a bad break, nothing you can do to get away from this.

saxhoe
10-09-2005, 05:45 AM
Yes I guess I have to double him up on this one.
Was just curious if there was some way not to. Say that I check behind on the turn and fold to a club on the river and call if not. Is that just weak passive bad shitty chickenplay?? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif
That way I couldsave some if he's got the flush and maybe win some if he valuebets/bluffs on the end.