PDA

View Full Version : Where to play 50NL

lmw
10-07-2005, 03:40 AM
I have been playing at UB forever now an I was thinking about moving my money to empire when i move up 50NL. I love UB's software, but i have always heard how soft the party skins are. Has anyone played 50NL at both of these site that would like to offer their opinion?

pokerjoker
10-07-2005, 03:54 AM
if u cant beat partys 50 NL u shouldnt be playing poker.

grouchie
10-07-2005, 06:05 AM
Pretty much the main place you should be playing is Party. It's nice to play on a site that first thing in the morning has as many, if not more, people than the smaller sites during peak time.

10-07-2005, 07:04 AM
pokerroom's a pretty good choice too. I like to get crappy players agitated and then challenge them to sit down at my private heads up table.

10-07-2005, 08:13 AM
I've hopped back and forth between UB and Party, and I reckon the UB players are more aggressive. Maybe I haven't played enough at Party (bout 20k hands) but I don't find Party any easier.

And I much prefer UB's software, especially the bet pot button. Party has a bet pot button, but it can only be pressed before the action gets to the player, and if anyone bets before him he doesn't get the option to use it. This seems to make pots on UB swell quicker.

So basically I play at UB, wait for good hands, and then try and play a big pot.

10-07-2005, 02:27 PM
I have played on both Party and UB, and personally i pick Party every day of the week.
The UB software was awful, not many players, and all i saw was very very tight play...

so i would go for Party!

also, if you can stand only playing 1 table you should try Pacific... easiest money you will ever find /images/graemlins/wink.gif

nuSFwck
10-07-2005, 02:43 PM
before you make a party account, i suggest getting rakeback through empire. you can save yourself 25% of money put into rake during hands you play.

i'm sure this is obvious, but it's easily overlooked. sign up, and check your rake status after like 10k hands. you'll be surprised at how much money you've gained/saved/etc.

subzero
10-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Sorry to hijack, but can anyone tell me how 50NL on Party compares to PokerStars. I can beat 50NL full-ring on PokerStars.

nuSFwck
10-07-2005, 03:40 PM
it's easier by leaps and bounds. there are so many bad players it isn't funny.

come to empire, get rakeback, and never look back.

10-07-2005, 04:42 PM
to be honest, i would guess that sign-up + monthly reload bonuses on Party is worth more than rakeback on Empire for a NL50 player...

depends on how much you play, obviously. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mason55
10-07-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
to be honest, i would guess that sign-up + monthly reload bonuses on Party is worth more than rakeback on Empire for a NL50 player...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you realize how much rake you pay. At 50NL, 10k hands in a month is probably going to be in the neighborhood of $800 in rake.

10-07-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you realize how much rake you pay. At 50NL, 10k hands in a month is probably going to be in the neighborhood of $800 in rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, so you have established that.

but what if you play 1k, 3k or 5k hands a month?
or indeed if you only play the 700 hands for the $100 bonus...

you think about that /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10-07-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the rake at Party really that high? I've honestly never looked into it that closely, but I play exclusively on Stars and according to PT over 46,399 hands at 50NL I've paid $1352.60 in rake. If you guys are paying $800/10k hands at Party, I'll stick with Stars and you can keep all your fancy rakeback deals. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif