PDA

View Full Version : 99 big pot, lots of draws

Rubeskies
10-07-2005, 01:06 AM
SB is 30/15/2
Button is 64/6/.4

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds

10-07-2005, 01:15 AM
I think the pot is big enough that I would take my chances with my diamond and gutshot and hope for the best on the river.

Edit - Not to mention hitting a 9 can take down a big pocket pair

wackjob
10-07-2005, 01:16 AM
very weaksauce. You have a million ways to improve to beat his possible overpair and you have the odds to do it. Folding here is just plain awful!

Victor
10-07-2005, 02:19 AM
gross. you have at least 7 outs.

gildwulf
10-07-2005, 03:35 AM
Without the diamond this is a fold. With the diamond this is a terrible, terrible, fold.

Victor
10-07-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Without the diamond this is a fold. With the diamond this is a terrible, terrible, fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. the diamons make it closer to a fold actually since it is 3way your diamond outs are very tainted. still here is getting 11:1 so he has odds to draw to his 3 gutter outs and 2 sets outs.

Rubeskies
10-07-2005, 12:31 PM
Well, here is why I folded.

1.) I'm not closing the action. The player to act behind me is passive, but he still doesn't garuntee me a river for 1 BB.

2.) My set outs could possibly be no good. TT is a possible hand for the SB.

3.) I could be drawing to a split pot or to the second best hand with the gutshot draws. Button could have the straight already or possibly J9 or J8, maybe with a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

4.) SB could have AQ or AK of /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (maybe AJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif) and I'm drawing dead.

5.) Button could have a baby flush already and is hanging on praying for blanks, waiting to see if the board stays safe to raise.

6.) My implied odds are not good. It would be hard to raise if any of my (outs) hits.

7.) The flush outs are dubious at best.

These are the reasons why I folded. I agree that it is close. But I don't think the fold is a bad as you all are making it out to be.

wackjob
10-07-2005, 12:39 PM
You sound very scared. Scared poker is not winning poker. If you play each hand and make your decisions more on the "could be" "what if" lines than, "what is really likely" you are going to cost yourself lots of money.

Good analysis realizes every possiblity, but rules out all but the most likely holdings for opponents(read dependant, if possible). Your analysis seems to give too much credit for all the bizarre holdings that are possible but just not likely.

A fold here is super weak.

10-07-2005, 12:41 PM
Call the turn.

Rubeskies
10-07-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Call the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, very helpful.

10-07-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, very helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no need for sarcasm when people respond to your post with an answer. Sometimes, one line opinions are valuable in judging what the right move is. I encourage feedback in every way when I post a topic, even if it's just a simple 'yes' or 'no'. It's bad posting etiquette to dismiss any legitimate feedback people give you, no matter who says it or how they say it.

10-07-2005, 01:15 PM
How about raising turn for a free showdown, and to get the button out of the pot. It will cost the same as calling down, but it will improve your chanses to win the pot..
If he 3-bets you can fold for sure.

pshabi
10-07-2005, 01:22 PM
I know the button is passive and is probably coming along anyway since he already cold-called two bets once, but is anyone (besides me) capping this flop to charge the loose button and also to take the lead back from the SB, who we have position on?

I think it's valuable and helps you postflop as well.

10-07-2005, 01:33 PM
While all your outs might not be "clean", you have enough of them to still call and profit.