PDA

View Full Version : ($10) I would appreciate public humiliation here - folded str8

10-07-2005, 12:29 AM
First of all, Does anyone know how to make PokerRoom HH convert? I've taken "texas" out and to no avail...

I should have a pretty tight image as I've been card dead and haven't played hardly any hands in the last 3 orbits. But was aggressive when I did play, showdown, and win good hands (3 hands shown, a few others uncontested).

Villian has been a little weird, making mini raises and folding, called one hand to showdown with 2nd pair (T with A on board and 2 opponents), but otherwise has shown no aggression except for the mini raises. I'm not sure how to read this hand, but I just couldn't call the river.

Please explain why I should call, lose to a K, and still be happy with my call. I just need someone to explain the numbers to me.

No limit Hold'em $10+$1 (real money), BB is t50

Bttn ($590 in chips)
SB ($1,610 in chips)
BB ($3,925 in chips)
UTG ($1,205 in chips)
MP1 ($1,925 in chips)
MP2 ($3,515 in chips)
HERO ($2,230 in chips)

Hero is CO with 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

PRE-FLOP
UTG calls $50, MP1 calls $50, MP2 calls $50, HERO calls $50, 1 fold, SB calls $25, BB checks.

FLOP 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif,J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (t300)
SB checks, BB bets $50, UTG calls $50, MP1 calls $50, MP2 calls $50, HERO calls $50, SB calls $50.

TURN 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif,J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (t600)
3 checks, zar007 bets $500, 1 fold, mikemcq1 calls $500, 3 folds.

RIVER 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif,J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,10 /images/graemlins/club.gif (t1600)
MP1 bets $1,325 and is all-in, Hero folds.

SHOWDOWN
MP1 wins $2,925.

---------------------

I just know the right play should call, but I folded and cursed myself for being such a ninnie. I'm either losing or splitting t600.

gl,
Mike

btw...Let's forget that I probably shouldn't have been in the hand, but I thought the odds were decent and the table was fairly passive Pre flop. So please comment on the turn and river.

bawcerelli
10-07-2005, 06:43 AM
i wasn't there but i'm thinkingthis is a pretty easy fold.

edit- let's forget about how passive they are preflop and fold the hand.

SammyKid11
10-07-2005, 07:35 AM
You wanted public humiliation.....the only thing to publicly humiliate you ABOUT is your preflop call. I don't care how many people are in the pot, T5s is a CRAPPY HAND for this (and pretty much any other) situation. Your VP$IP with T5 in Level 3 should be ZERO (unless a really weird situation comes up with an EXTREMELY short stack, etc.). Do Not Call Here.

As for the fold...of course you fold that straight -- neither of your hole cards play and your opponent, based on his action, is going to show you a king-high straight a lot of the time. As for the TURN, however, you need to be pushing 100% of the time. You've just made a straight, only KT beats you, but there's a flush draw on board, and obviously very possible for your straight to either be counterfeited (putting you in a position of having to fold the river as you did) or dominated (as clearly happened).

Also, I know how to make PokerRoom HH's convert. Stop playing there. The structure is not as advantageous to a 2+2 style OR to a high hourly rate (those PR SnG's take FOREVER). Plus, the players are quite decent there as compared to Party or Stars. If you only have a Mac, I understand...been there. But trust me, if you do want to get serious about online poker, you need to break down and get a PC. If you already have one, immediately switch your funds to a better site.

splashpot
10-07-2005, 07:43 AM
This is the easiest fold ever. You say you haven't played a hand in 3 orbits. You shouldn't have played this one either.

[ QUOTE ]
I just know the right play should call, but I folded and cursed myself for being such a ninnie.

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you know this? You are wrong. You risk $1,325 to win $2125. Less than 1:1. You have to be right more than 60% of the time for this to be profitable.

PS- You should have gone all in on the turn.