PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 kj hand

Victor
10-07-2005, 12:19 AM
this hand demonstrates a slight change style i have recently adopted.
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

bb is 28/21/2.5
sb is 50/3/1
i have plenty of hands on both.

FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

NLSoldier
10-07-2005, 12:21 AM
I like the turn call alot. But I would raise the river.

Victor
10-07-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why? wouldnt a turn raise be better since it receives an extra bet from the bb if he is on a draw?

10-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Flop call is good. Raise the turn. Bet the river.

wackjob
10-07-2005, 12:40 PM
I agree, raise the turn.

NLSoldier
10-07-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why? wouldnt a turn raise be better since it receives an extra bet from the bb if he is on a draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you mentioned a slight style change, and I think it might be similar to something ive started experimenting with lately as well. Basically, after raising preflop, if an ace or king comes on the turn, giving me one pair, and the flop agrressor still bets into me, I often just call. Because I think they are bet/folding or bet/3betting a lot of the time. Granted, I am mostly talking about HU pots here, the presence of BB in this particular hand sorta changes things.

Anyways, I think you can raise the river because he will be a lot less likely to 3bet on the river and also less likely to fold, since he only has to pay one more bet to see a showdown and he will be confused by your line.

As far as the overall affectiveness of the style adjustment I was discussing above, Im not really sure what I think of it yet. Because alot of the time what will happen is they will get scared and just check/call the river after you smoothcall the turn. You still makes more than if they had planned to bet/fold the turn though.

BTW, If this has nothing to do with the style change you were refering to...please elaborate /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

10-07-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you mentioned a slight style change, and I think it might be similar to something ive started experimenting with lately as well. Basically, after raising preflop, if an ace or king comes on the turn, giving me one pair, and the flop agrressor still bets into me, I often just call. Because I think they are bet/folding or bet/3betting a lot of the time. Granted, I am mostly talking about HU pots here, the presence of BB in this particular hand sorta changes things.

Anyways, I think you can raise the river because he will be a lot less likely to 3bet on the river and also less likely to fold, since he only has to pay one more bet to see a showdown and he will be confused by your line.

As far as the overall affectiveness of the style adjustment I was discussing above, Im not really sure what I think of it yet. Because alot of the time what will happen is they will get scared and just check/call the river after you smoothcall the turn. You still makes more than if they had planned to bet/fold the turn though.

BTW, If this has nothing to do with the style change you were refering to...please elaborate /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

NLS,

[ QUOTE ]
sb is 50/3/1

[/ QUOTE ]

These guys don't think about b/f and b/3b lines. They look at their cards, then look at the board, then do what they want.

Victor
10-07-2005, 02:11 PM
thats very good summary of what i have been doing lately.

i read a post by someone good (cant remember who) and he said that if someone bets into when an ace hits its bc they want you to raise. i think this is more against passive players.

anyway, i extended it to a k here due to the passivity of my opponent and the scariness of the board. there are ton of 2 pair combos out there and i really dont want to pay thru the nose for a gutshot with tainted outs.

NLSoldier
10-07-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thats very good summary of what i have been doing lately.

i read a post by someone good (cant remember who) and he said that if someone bets into when an ace hits its bc they want you to raise. i think this is more against passive players.

anyway, i extended it to a k here due to the passivity of my opponent and the scariness of the board. there are ton of 2 pair combos out there and i really dont want to pay thru the nose for a gutshot with tainted outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I was going to mention, having the gutshot makes it a super clear call imo.

NLSoldier
10-07-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

These guys don't think about b/f and b/3b lines. They look at their cards, then look at the board, then do what they want.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, good point. I think my post still applies to this general situatin though, even if its not really true for this particular hand.

TheMetetron
10-07-2005, 02:21 PM
Surprise of all surprises I agree with Solider. I call the turn, raise the river.