PDA

View Full Version : New York Hotel?

NotMitch
10-06-2005, 11:18 PM
I'll be in NYC for a weekend in a few weeks anyone know a decent hotel that is somewhat reasonable in cost (at least in relative terms)?

Los Feliz Slim
10-07-2005, 12:06 AM
When I visit NYC I stay at the W Court at 39th and Lex. I like that hotel.

NotMitch
10-07-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These seem to be about $600 a night, Im looking for something less, hopefully around $300 a night (or less if possible)

Ulysses
10-07-2005, 01:11 AM
Go to Expedia or someplace and find things in your range. Post them here and we can tell you which are good/suck/etc. If you can't find anything good, Priceline is a good option.

Ulysses
10-07-2005, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The W's are nice. Have you ever stayed at Soho Grand or Tribeca Grand? Those are prob my favorite hotels in NYC.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 01:17 AM
One thing, if you can spare, try and get as nice as possible. I'm sick of hearing NY hotel horror stories.

The Hudson Hotel is my favorite, but it can be pricey. Hotwire is a safe bet too.

NotMitch
10-07-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Go to Expedia or someplace and find things in your range. Post them here and we can tell you which are good/suck/etc. If you can't find anything good, Priceline is a good option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thinking.

From Expedia:

Millenium Hilton
Astor On The Park
Hotel 57

Ulysses
10-07-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Millenium Hilton

[/ QUOTE ]

I stay here a lot on business, but business is on Wall Street. This is kinda inconvenient to a lot of places you might want to go if you are there as a tourist (except for Ground Zero, which is right outside). Very nice hotel. Business hotel, though (ie: guys in suits drinking expensive cocktails at the bar, not models and trust fund kids). Hudson, W, Soho/Tribeca Grand are all more high-end party hotels.

[ QUOTE ]
Astor On The Park

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure I stayed here once a long, long time ago. Upper West Side on the park, I believe. Unremarkable, but fine, if I reacll correctly.

[ QUOTE ]
Hotel 57

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is on 57th & Lex, I stayed near this hotel a few weeks ago. I haven't stayed here, but it looked nice. Also, pretty convenient to get a lot of places from here.

Do you know where you're going to want to go during your trip?

NotMitch
10-07-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Millenium Hilton

[/ QUOTE ]

I stay here a lot on business, but business is on Wall Street. This is kinda inconvenient to a lot of places you might want to go if you are there as a tourist (except for Ground Zero, which is right outside). Very nice hotel. Business hotel, though (ie: guys in suits drinking expensive cocktails at the bar, not models and trust fund kids). Hudson, W, Soho/Tribeca Grand are all more high-end party hotels.

[ QUOTE ]
Astor On The Park

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure I stayed here once a long, long time ago. Upper West Side on the park, I believe. Unremarkable, but fine, if I reacll correctly.

[ QUOTE ]
Hotel 57

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is on 57th & Lex, I stayed near this hotel a few weeks ago. I haven't stayed here, but it looked nice. Also, pretty convenient to get a lot of places from here.

Do you know where you're going to want to go during your trip?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Diablo, for the trip Im just going to visit a friend and hit up some bars. Not really looking to do the touristy stuff. I also have to get out to Belmont on Saturday but I know thats out of the way no matter what.