PDA

View Full Version : Should I keep driving Strippers?

Iplayragstoo
10-06-2005, 11:06 PM
Ok, quick overview of the situation.... I am 38, and have been driving strippers for a small company here in Chicagoland since 1997. Its a part time gig that usually only happens on the weekends, and from April-Oct(wedding season). At first it started out like it sounds like it would be..FUN! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif But then as time went on it turned into what it really is, another job. Now the money was good, I got paid 25$ a show for walking in the door with the girl, and then whatever she tipped me out at the end of the night(No..no - freebies/images/graemlins/shocked.gif) I could make anywhere from 100$ to 400$ a night, life was good for awhile.

All the time I was doing this I had a wife who did'nt mind as it was bringing in $$$ to the household. Now its 2005, and I stopped driving this past summer, I just cannot stand dealing with the drunks, and the bitchy girls, and the money has gone down hill overall. Heres the problem, my wife is having triplets, and we could use the extra money again. This will mean me working a long week, then going out again on the weekends to work even more..see the family less...etc. So I ask OOT should I...

[censored]
10-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Find a game you play for money from home and get good at it.

Jimbo
10-06-2005, 11:10 PM
If you think drunks and strippers are too much work how do you expect to handle tripletts?

RunDownHouse
10-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Is "driving a stripper" anything like Favreau's character in Made?

Iplayragstoo
10-06-2005, 11:12 PM
Its not that I dont know, or havent handled the drunks...its that I am sick of doing it..driving hours and hours a weekend, dealing with tons of drunks/druggies i don't know...trust me, its not as fun/easy as you may think

10-06-2005, 11:13 PM
Why is there no option for getting a different job?

PoBoy321
10-06-2005, 11:14 PM
I think that it really depends on how much the money really means to you. If the extra couple of hundred bucks a week means that you've got your rent covered for the month, then I think you've got to stick with it. If it just means that you can get a nicer suit or go to dinner more often, I don't think that it's worth it.

Jimbo
10-06-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its not that I dont know, or havent handled the drunks...its that I am sick of doing it..driving hours and hours a weekend, dealing with tons of drunks/druggies i don't know...trust me, its not as fun/easy as you may think

[/ QUOTE ]

I owned two night clubs for eight and a half years and have spent plenty of time hanging in strip clubs. Compared to tripletts it will seem like a walk in the park my friend.

Iplayragstoo
10-06-2005, 11:29 PM
Its not my main job..its strickly a side job. At first i did it for extra cash, and it was kinda fun..but as I said, it got very, very old. My main job could still provide for the family, just NO frills at all. P0k3r would be almost unheard of.

bholdr
10-06-2005, 11:44 PM
I did this for a summer- a couple of female freinds decided that they should be strippers (dumb). I got a simaler deal- like $40 per trip (drive 'em to a motel or residence, wait in the car while they did their thing, look threatening when the guy came to the door to let them in, etc). it was good money, but very uncomfortable and probably very risky.

There was never a problem with a customer, but i'm sure there would have been eventually. I think it's too risky to justify for that kind of money.

Blarg
10-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Risk vs. reward is hard to calculate. Your triplets don't need a dead dad, but they don't need a poor one either -- quite the contrary. There's no reason they won't suck up a gigantic amount of money over time, maybe even real soon, as it's pretty common practice for even the few women who don't love going to the doctor like crazy to take their kids to the doctor like crazy for the first few years at least.

You'll probably be taking a big hit economically now, and if you don't do this job, you probably would be well advised to get another to replace it.

So the question might be not, this vs. no job, but this job vs another job. Do you think you can get another where the risk vs. reward is better?

Iplayragstoo
10-06-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I did this for a summer- a couple of female freinds decided that they should be strippers (dumb). I got a simaler deal- like $40 per trip (drive 'em to a motel or residence, wait in the car while they did their thing, look threatening when the guy came to the door to let them in, etc). it was good money, but very uncomfortable and probably very risky.

There was never a problem with a customer, but i'm sure there would have been eventually. I think it's too risky to justify for that kind of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

My gig was kinda like that. But i was in at the parties. I collected her tip money, and helped drum up lap dances and nipple shots. I also made sure no one tried to SIIHP while she was doing her shows. Most of the money was made after the stage show/strip from the crowd tipping for dances and whip cream shots. I only had 2 real problems in 8 years, so I guess I was lucky...but I have seen my share of weapons and drugs...your right, it really isnt worth it in the long run.

lucas9000
10-07-2005, 12:03 AM
life is too short. spend time with your family.

Namdrahsirhc
10-07-2005, 12:18 AM
You're a man with 3 babies on the way...Suck it up

TimM
10-07-2005, 12:20 AM
"A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."

Namdrahsirhc
10-07-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My gig was kinda like that. But i was in at the parties. I collected her tip money, and helped drum up lap dances and nipple shots. I also made sure no one tried to SIIHP while she was doing her shows. Most of the money was made after the stage show/strip from the crowd tipping for dances and whip cream shots. I only had 2 real problems in 8 years, so I guess I was lucky...but I have seen my share of weapons and drugs...your right, it really isnt worth it in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't get to read this post first. If it's dangerous then forget it. Your kids need you alive

Jimbo
10-07-2005, 12:23 AM
Heh, heh, I thought you were just an exclusive Taxi driver for srtippers only. Now that the true nature of your job is clear you really should do something different.

theben
10-07-2005, 12:28 AM
LOL...i didnt see this going that way. i figured it would be a question: the wife wants me to quit, blah blah, when in actuality it is a question of 'should i start this crappy job again to help the wife and kids'

my answer: if it can provide a better life for your family, do the job if it won't drive you insane

gunt
10-07-2005, 01:11 AM
what did you major in in college that led to this career path?

Iplayragstoo
10-07-2005, 01:43 AM
I guess you didnt read much of the post did you? If you need to know my college background I was a law enforcement major who did the cop thing for a few years, but then went back to school full time to learn the great world of IT. I am now a 2nd level technical analyst for a major car manufacturer...all that aside, I was doing the gig as a side job, not a career. Questions? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

gunt
10-07-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess you didnt read much of the post did you? If you need to know my college background I was a law enforcement major who did the cop thing for a few years, but then went back to school full time to learn the great world of IT. I am now a 2nd level technical analyst for a major car manufacturer...all that aside, I was doing the gig as a side job, not a career. Questions? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
did you rock a moustache and a flattop when you were a cop?

bernie
10-07-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and the bitchy girls,

[/ QUOTE ]

Wayne Brady may have to choke a bitch!?!

I say smack 'em down and put 'em out on the street for yourself. Get a huggybear hat and a furry overcoat and call it good!

b

Iplayragstoo
10-07-2005, 02:12 AM
you tell me?

Me (http://www.poolplayers.com/ntc/2005ntc/pics/2005APANTCFridayAugust27/DSC00029.html)

Iplayragstoo
10-07-2005, 02:13 AM
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Shajen
10-07-2005, 08:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
life is too short. spend time with your family.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.labor.iu.edu/organizeindiana/images/clip%20art/Comic%20Thumbs%20Up.JPG

TheMetetron
10-07-2005, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
life is too short. spend time with more strippers

[/ QUOTE ]

Or at least tell me how I can get this job. Surely, you got some side action from them at least once...

hyde
10-07-2005, 08:55 AM
It's pretty clear that you hate the job too much.
and you don't NEED the $$
or so you think....have you done the math on triplets????