PDA

View Full Version : Table VPIP

10-06-2005, 10:40 PM
I've read several places talking about looking for tables with VPIP's above 30. I'm doing well to find 50NL tables with VPIP about 20, much less sustaining that level over any length of time.

I'm looking at the four tables on party with the biggest pots and starting with them. I realize that big pots doesn't necessarily mean high VPIP, but it's a starting point.

My questions are these. How important is a good VPIP? I'm doing okay even though a lot of my tables are under 20. Second, is there any secret to keeping VPIP sustained other than just letting the table determine it?

meleader2
10-06-2005, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've read several places talking about looking for tables with VPIP's above 30. I'm doing well to find 50NL tables with VPIP about 20, much less sustaining that level over any length of time.

I'm looking at the four tables on party with the biggest pots and starting with them. I realize that big pots doesn't necessarily mean high VPIP, but it's a starting point.

My questions are these. How important is a good VPIP? I'm doing okay even though a lot of my tables are under 20. Second, is there any secret to keeping VPIP sustained other than just letting the table determine it?

[/ QUOTE ]

with tables under 20, which you're saying you're doing ok, it's probably hands your winning with sets vs people that can't fold AA/KK.

the importance of vp$ip >= 30 is the presence of numerous fish that will pay you off with their [censored] hands.

10-06-2005, 11:35 PM
Thoughts on how to find those tables?