PDA

View Full Version : DVD .ifo, .bup, .vob files

callmedonnie
10-06-2005, 09:41 PM
I a movie torrent. There are a total of 12 files, in sets of three containing a .ifo, .bup, .vob file. So basically it is chapters 1-4 w/ each of these different extensions. I have no idea where to even begin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

MyMindIsGoing
10-07-2005, 02:15 AM
Souns like a strange torrent to me, not to seed the iso instead of the files. But you should be able to play the .vob files in any decent mediaplayer (like windvd).

VOB = Video OBject

callmedonnie
10-07-2005, 02:30 AM
i'm trying in windows media player right now and nothing. I've been doing some reading on web and i'm told if i play the video_ts.ifo it will play the dvd. it said the vob files were the actual video, and the other ones had to do w/ chapters, menus and such. i'm about to try finding a new video player and see if it works.

MyMindIsGoing
10-07-2005, 04:21 AM
It will not work in windows media player by default.

TheTROLL
10-07-2005, 05:48 AM
All you'll ever need to know about DVD copying etc is at www.afterdawn.com/guides (http://www.afterdawn.com/guides)

testaaja
10-07-2005, 08:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm trying in windows media player right now and nothing. I've been doing some reading on web and i'm told if i play the video_ts.ifo it will play the dvd. it said the vob files were the actual video, and the other ones had to do w/ chapters, menus and such. i'm about to try finding a new video player and see if it works.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, sir you are right. Try mediaplayer classic for instance it plays them smoothly.