PDA

View Full Version : $22 - Resteal on bubble with TT?

pergesu
10-06-2005, 09:27 PM
I hadn't been particularly aggressive to this point, so there's no reason he should think I'm doing this with a huge range of hands (unless of course he's read some of my posts here /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

I would think that folding and pushing are my only options here. It's entirely likely he's got something like Ax, KJ..and I really have no clue if he'll lay down or call.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

UTG (t2565)
Button (t770)
SB (t2440)
Hero (t2225)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t900</font>, Hero ?

Freudian
10-06-2005, 09:28 PM
So how do you interpret his 3xBB raise in a push spot?

I'd fold this against a sane opponent.

pergesu
10-06-2005, 09:34 PM
These guys have all been raising 3x when they should be stealing. I don't believe this to be a trap with a monster at all

The Don
10-06-2005, 09:35 PM
All-in pretty much everytime. Some people think they are being too obvious on their steals when they move in.

Freudian
10-06-2005, 09:42 PM
I'd probably still fold. With a small stack of 2.5xBB and pretty much no FE against SB it seems like the safest plan.

If you think there is a real chance he will fold/is stealing with crap, a push might be in order. With JJ I definately would push no matter what.

unreal_nh
10-06-2005, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
These guys have all been raising 3x when they should be stealing. I don't believe this to be a trap with a monster at all

[/ QUOTE ]

then yeah, i'd resteal

davehwm
10-06-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

then yeah, i'd resteal

[/ QUOTE ]

And if he's your typical $22 player, he'll promptly fold the rest of his SBs right into your lap.

pergesu
10-06-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

then yeah, i'd resteal

[/ QUOTE ]

And if he's your typical $22 player, he'll promptly fold the rest of his SBs right into your lap.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would agree with this had he just completed, but he put in a raise, which ought to mean a stronger than usual hand.

GtrHtr
10-06-2005, 10:27 PM
ack, I'm gonna say that I'd definitely push JJ back in his face and probably TT, but it'd be real close based on the table and my read. He's fairly, I say fairly not completely, pot committed to this hand so its close.

On the 11s and 22s you get players that continue to limp and minraise in steal attempts without any understanding of correct bubble play so I'm probably shoving this back in his face if its that kind of table. If he calls, hope for the best I'd put him on A9 or something. If he folds, your blinds are safe from him....

Funny, I did the same thing to a much lower raise on the bubble in level 5 when holding AKs and my moran called with J5o hitting a straight on the river. Bad beat - but I took notes on that guy.

caretaker1
10-06-2005, 10:34 PM
SB's range is enormous, plus you have FE (he'd still have 1500+ and he's noticed that small stack too). EZ push.

$.02

Olback
10-06-2005, 11:40 PM
I think you have to push this. He might lay it down and then you are a nice chip leader.

I think 10,10 is too stronger a hand to laydown here.

He probabrly has a,x there.

Mr_J
10-07-2005, 12:46 AM
I think you'll hardly come across an opponent who's range is tight enough and have too little FE against for this not to be profitable.

xJMPx
10-07-2005, 01:13 AM
This is very similar to my JJ hand yesterday.

$33: JJ on the bubble facing raise (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=singletable&amp;Number=3586374 &amp;fpart=&amp;PHPSESSID=)

I put this in SNGPT. If you assume he will call your push and his range here is 22+,A2s+,A3o+,KTs+,KJo+,QJs it is +1.4% $EV. I think he's range could be larger, if this is a standard 3xBB steal attempt as you suggest.

Also, you still have fold equity, which makes this even more +$EV. So, I say push.

Cactus Jack
10-07-2005, 07:39 AM
Wow, two very good hand questions in one day. I make this a way above average day for this forum.

I'd have to push this, too. He's most likely going to lay it down, unless you're beat going in. (I've seen AA and KK here, too often, alas.) If he's got that kind of hand, well, you can't win 'em all. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CJ

sunek
10-07-2005, 09:54 AM
In my opinion it would be a crime to fold your tens. So push pre-flop or use the stop-and-go by calling and push on the flop.

-sunek

10-07-2005, 12:54 PM
Yeah Id definately push this preflop right back at him! He can fold.

I am thinking he is going to have something like Ax suited. Anything from 5-10 for the kicker. If it is a ten then he is drawing dead to an ace.

Here is the thing about the stop and go tho. I dont like it in this situation. If you call and then push the flop, this is giving him a chance to spike his Ace with Ax suited. No good.

I say push preflop and get him to make the tough decision right then and there. Dont give him a chance to catch up.

Rick Diesel
10-07-2005, 01:04 PM
If I am the small blind here, and I see the BB is playing tight and there is a small stack at the table, I will literally raise in the SB here 98% of the time regardless of the cards that I have. I think that most of you are not factoring in that the SB could be on a complete steal here with some garbage like J5s. It would be a huge mistake IMHO to go for a stop and go and let him catch an overcard on the flop. I also can't believe that someone commented about what a great hand for analysis this is (no offense to the OP, but I just can't call this great). I think this is a push 100% of the time.