PDA

View Full Version : Has Party changed their policy on skin accounts?

GFresh
10-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Well way back in the day (probably over a year ago) I created a party poker play money account. Since then, I've created a real money Empire account. No problems so far but I recieved an email from party poker today (the empire account and party account are using the same email) offering a deposit bonus. Now it's been so long since I've used this account that I've forgotten the password so I call in to Party to get them to reset it. Now I want to run by having a real money account at Party and Empire at the same time before the CSR so I don't get into any trouble. Well we all know that the CSRs there are from India or somewhere else in Asia so they can be hard to comprehend at times.

Basically the CSR told me that I can only have 1 account on a site at all times. Ok. Then she says that Party and Empire are completely different sites. Alright. Then she says that they are owned by the same company so I cannot have an account at both Party and Empire /images/graemlins/confused.gif Ok, so I tell her that I've heard of plenty of people that have accounts at both skins with no problems and she gets confused (I'm not sure if she is understanding me well at all, I had to spell out my email address for her multiple times, bad phone connection possibly) She just repeats what she just said to me which seems contradictory. I ask her if the policy on skins accounts has changed recently and she says no. She still encourages me to make a deposit after I tell her about my empire account and I'm just really confused.

To deepen the mystery, I notice now on pokersourceonline, their signup conditions for party poker have changed, they say that it's now ok for you to have a play money account but you'll need to create a new one to sign up with. If you have a real money empire account, you are disqualified. I could swear that this just recently changed and that previously it never mentioned anything about empire and that a play money account disqualified you from their bonus.

Now I don't really care about getting pso's bonus for party but I am interested in Party's frequent bonus reloads while keeping my Empire account for rakeback. It seems like everyone and their dog has multiple skin accounts here and they must know that it's the same person with both accounts since all the personal info/email address is the same. Can someone shed some light on this and has Party changed their policy with their affiliates in regards to having accounts on different skins?

10-06-2005, 10:02 PM
Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but a question.
How do I Multi table at Party Poker.
I just opened my account, and when I try to open a second table it tells me I have to first close the one I have open.

smb394
10-06-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but a question.
How do I Multi table at Party Poker.
I just opened my account, and when I try to open a second table it tells me I have to first close the one I have open.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can only multitable on real-money tables

10-06-2005, 10:16 PM
[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, yeah I was just trying to watch 2 games at once. What are "skins"

TheNoodleMan
10-06-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, yeah I was just trying to watch 2 games at once. What are "skins"

[/ QUOTE ]
Read the FAQ

MicroBob
10-06-2005, 10:36 PM
It's very simple actually.

They TELL you that you can only have one account.
but they actually PERMIT you to have accounts at all the various skins if you like.

They might call you and ask what's up. And you just say "Well...I had an empire account....but I also wanted a party account because I like the tourneys there."
and they say "oh....just checking. Enjoy the games."

They don't want to make it obvious and easy to set up accounts at multiple skins because it mostly leads to a bonus-whoring.
But if you put forth the effort they are fine with letting you keep the skin-accounts.

The other aspect of all this is that if the CSR that you are talking to is making no sense....just give up. There is no need to try to actually explain yourself if you are pretty sure they aren't going to understand what you are saying.

You should have just gone about getting your password for your party account without ever mentioning your empire account.
no need to call them and ask if it's "okay". They will just give you the run-around and say "you aren't supposed to. But if you already have accounts at both you can keep both.....but we don't allow you to set up accounts at both....but if you already play at empire and now want to get the reload bonus at party you'll need to set up a real-money account."