PDA

View Full Version : Four Minutes

Bigdaddydvo
10-06-2005, 09:22 PM
Anyone watch it on ESPN2 tonight? Not bad for an ESPN produced movie.

MightyMouse
10-06-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone watch it on ESPN2 tonight? Not bad for an ESPN produced movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a miler, I was rather excited for this movie to come out. However, it did not do nearly enough justice to the story. If anyone is interested in this remarkable story, read the book "The Perfect Mile."

Kevmath
10-06-2005, 09:41 PM
I was reading reviews of the movie, and they mentioned they added a coach he didn't have, and a love interest who wasn't really around until after he broke the 4 minute barrier. Other articles I read mentioned that Dr. Bannister himself was involved in a separate movie project.

Ronald White
10-07-2005, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was reading reviews of the movie, and they mentioned they added a coach he didn't have, and a love interest who wasn't really around until after he broke the 4 minute barrier. Other articles I read mentioned that Dr. Bannister himself was involved in a separate movie project.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think ESPN went a little overboard by putting Chris Berman in one of the scenes. During one of the meets, you can see him in the back doing the hammer throw. That guy's ego is way out of control. Of course, he had to wear his "BROWN" sweatshirt. Yes, we get it, you are an Ivy Leaguer.

Otherwise, the movie was not bad, but not nearly as good as the Pete Rose movie.

craig r
10-07-2005, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Otherwise, the movie was not bad, but not nearly as good as the Pete Rose movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! I guess I won't be watching that movie. I can't imagine how bad it is.

Ronald White
10-07-2005, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't like the Pete Rose movie? I thought Ted Sizemore did a good job.

10-07-2005, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know much about Bannister, but watched the movie and could tell that some of the scenes were added to try to make the movie better. Like the love interests.

I liked the movie, and felt like it was decent motivation for the 5K I'm running tomorrow. But it was no Hollywood production obviously.

Also, ESPN2 showed a documentary on Roger Bannister just a couple nights ago, and I caught part of that. I think I would rather just watch a documentary on it than the movie.

istewart
10-07-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't like the Pete Rose movie? I thought Ted Sizemore did a good job.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Pete Rose movie isn't even the standard; that honor clearly belongs to "3."