PDA

View Full Version : Petition To Remove [censored]'s Moderation Power

10-06-2005, 09:03 PM
Please vote now.

The future off OOT depends on you.

Click Here (http://www.petitiononline.com/saveoot/)

http://www.petitiononline.com/saveoot/

ThaSaltCracka
10-06-2005, 09:05 PM
go away.

jdl22
10-06-2005, 09:06 PM
[censored] please delete this post.

10-06-2005, 09:08 PM
You are all fine with everything, until one day you say something to piss [censored] off, then you get banned. Very fair, huh? I don't think so.

stabn
10-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Post this on your real account or shut the [censored] up.

jdl22
10-06-2005, 09:09 PM
so worst case scenario I get banned and start a new account.

Boo [censored] hoo

Ulysses
10-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Don't be a dumbass and you'll have nothing to worry about. How can anyone argue with that?

PoBoy321
10-06-2005, 09:10 PM
I signed it. I thought it'd be an alright idea at first but as time goes on, the more I think [censored] being a moderator is gonna kill this forum.

ThaSaltCracka
10-06-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are all fine with everything, until one day you say something to piss [censored] off, then you get banned. Very fair, huh? I don't think so.

[/ QUOTE ]you are clearly not understanding what is going on. So IMO you should be banned.

LeatherFace
[ QUOTE ]
shut the [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

this could be the campaigns motto, good work.

PoBoy321
'Cause it's not being a dumbass. It's saying that any time you post something, you have to be sure that [censored] likes it, otherwise you can get banned.

Granted, if he wants to ban me, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it, I just think it's a dumb idea because people are just going to stop posting period.

phage
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Check out the petition...the username is there.

Cancer Merchant
10-06-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't be a dumbass and you'll have nothing to worry about. How can anyone argue with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Define dumbass. One man's gold is another man's douchebaggery.

PoBoy321
10-06-2005, 09:12 PM
I'm not the guy who put it up, but I did sign it.

stabn
10-06-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Check out the petition...the username is there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Online petitions blow pretty hard core. There's no way i'm taking the time to visit that site.

tonypaladino
10-06-2005, 09:20 PM
I signed. I don't thing people should be banned on the basis of [censored] 's opinion of them.

ThaSaltCracka
10-06-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I signed. I don't thing people should be banned on the basis of [censored] 's opinion of them.

[/ QUOTE ]you putz

tonypaladino
10-06-2005, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]you putz

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever dude. I honestly wonder if there are people that won't sign who want to because they are scared [censored] will ban them.

IndieMatty
10-06-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]you putz

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever dude. I honestly wonder if there are people that won't sign who want to because they are scared [censored] will ban them.

[/ QUOTE ]

merely disagreeing with [censored] will not get you banned, plus he's already reached his quota this week in 2 hours.

PoBoy321
10-06-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna say yes. There are also people who won't start threads or respond to them because they're worried that [censored] won't like their responses and ban them.

PoBoy321
10-06-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

merely disagreeing with [censored] will not get you banned, plus he's already reached his quota this week in 2 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's already said that he reserves the right to ban whoever he wants at will. There's also no way that he's gonna stick to just banning 3 people a week.

jba
10-06-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna say yes. There are also people who won't start threads or respond to them because they're worried that [censored] won't like their responses and ban them.

[/ QUOTE ]

and his name is [censored], now that is ironic.

PoBoy321
10-06-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
and his name is [censored], now that is ironic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm, quite.

TheMainEvent
[ QUOTE ]
plus he's already reached his quota this week in 2 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is his quota? I know the answer is probably in the other thread, but I got a headache trying to read through it. I'm being very literal about that.

Voltron87
i hope [censored] starts banning tons and tons of people, just for no reason.

for example, someone has bad taste in music... banned. someone say something stupid like "i just found out my friend is gay, can i still say hi to him in the halls?" banned.

2+2 wannabe
10-06-2005, 09:30 PM
lol I love how "David Sklansky" is on there saying he can munch on his pecker

PoBoy321
10-06-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What is his quota? I know the answer is probably in the other thread, but I got a headache trying to read through it. I'm being very literal about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he said either 3/week or 3/month. Either way, it's not gonna happen.

IndieMatty
10-06-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I think the greatest possibility of this is only the people who don't give a [censored] about being banned post here. A ton of people adding fun/smart/humorous (generally) non offensive posts to worthwhile threads. I mean, if you are thinking of posting something, and you think [censored] might ban you because of it, either a) you're a pussy and we don't want you here or b)the idea probably isn't that good.

You've been around long enough to see how bad this place has gotten, 1, maybe 2 days a week we have some fun. Why not give this is a shot?

IndieMatty
10-06-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

for example, someone has bad taste in music... banned. someone say something stupid like "i just found out my friend is gay, can i still say hi to him in the halls?" banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your posts have been gold lately. Is it the yankees?

ThaSaltCracka
10-06-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]you putz

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I don't give a [censored], I could care less if half of you disapeared overnight.

ThaSaltCracka
10-06-2005, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I mean, if you are thinking of posting something, and you thing [censored] might ban you because of it, either a) you're a pussy and we don't want you here or b)the idea probably isn't that good.

[/ QUOTE ] Precisely.

PoBoy321
10-06-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I think the greatest possibility of this is only the people who don't give a [censored] about being banned post here. A ton of people adding fun/smart/humorous (generally) non offensive posts to worthwhile threads. I mean, if you are thinking of posting something, and you thing [censored] might ban you because of it, either a) you're a pussy and we don't want you here or b)the idea probably isn't that good.

You've been around long enough to see how bad this place has gotten, 1, maybe 2 days a week we have some fun. Why not give this is a shot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, in part. There is a lot of garbage in here, and I think that it would be one thing to clean up actually worthless threads, but I think that otherwise, you just have to take the good with the bad.

As it is, with things that [censored] has said in the main thread about this, a lot of really, very good threads would never have been started. The Pic War thread never would have been started because [censored] has said that people starting stupid threads about worthless pics would be banned. How many 5 year olds? That's like our claim to fame and if the guy who started it had said "Eh, maybe it's a stupid idea, I don't wanna start it, I could get banned," we would never have ANY fun.

IndieMatty
10-06-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I think the greatest possibility of this is only the people who don't give a [censored] about being banned post here. A ton of people adding fun/smart/humorous (generally) non offensive posts to worthwhile threads. I mean, if you are thinking of posting something, and you thing [censored] might ban you because of it, either a) you're a pussy and we don't want you here or b)the idea probably isn't that good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, in part. There is a lot of garbage in here, and I think that it would be one thing to clean up actually worthless threads, but I think that otherwise, you just have to take the good with the bad.

As it is, with things that [censored] has said in the main thread about this, a lot of really, very good threads would never have been started. The Pic War thread never would have been started because [censored] has said that people starting stupid threads about worthless pics would be banned. How many 5 year olds? That's like our claim to fame and if the guy who started it had said "Eh, maybe it's a stupid idea, I don't wanna start it, I could get banned," we would never have ANY fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're worrying about it too much, lets give it a shot. You're a quality poster, people need to have some responsibility for theirselves around here. Plus, I'm getting a little of sick of finding new food items to discuss.

phage
10-06-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not the guy who put it up, but I did sign it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry. Figured the person who created it would be the first to sign it.

Sincere
10-06-2005, 10:29 PM
Who cares what your opinion is. IMO you should be banned.

PoBoy321
10-06-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think you're worrying about it too much, lets give it a shot. You're a quality poster, people need to have some responsibility for theirselves around here. Plus, I'm getting a little of sick of finding new food items to discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

My biggest issue is that [censored] hasn't said what he'll ban people for. He's put out some very broad guidelines, but he's basically leaving it up to his discretion. I'm not totally averse to the idea of banning people, but making a single mod for the sole purpose of having carte blanche to ban whoever he wants seems ridiculous.

10-06-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please vote now.

The future off OOT depends on you.

Click Here (http://www.petitiononline.com/saveoot/)

http://www.petitiononline.com/saveoot/

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea. [Censored] is a douche.

Sincere
10-06-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
people need to have some responsibility for theirselves around here

[/ QUOTE ]

This message board has like 100 mods with no responsibility or accountability and Mat Sklansky is like the Hitler of it all. Posting on this message board is like living in Russia or Nazi Germany. I seriously have a problem with having to think "will I be banned or not" when I have never caused a problem. And no Im not the OP and I only post on 2+2 occasionally for this very reason.

Sincere
10-06-2005, 10:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't give a [censored], I could care less if half of you disapeared overnight

[/ QUOTE ]

Who died and made you so important? Having 16000 posts doesnt make you important, just means you have no life. I mean having 16000 posts makes you so cool, big fish in a little pond eh?

Russ McGinley
10-06-2005, 10:45 PM
http://trephination.net/gallery/macros/smallpenis.jpg

RunDownHouse
10-06-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I mean, if you are thinking of posting something, and you think [censored] might ban you because of it, either a) you're a pussy and we don't want you here or b)the idea probably isn't that good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly! That's why its so great! People will have to think before their idiotic little hands reach for the keyboard in order to dribble their idiocy across OOT.

For instance, comparing anything - anything! - in this forum to "Nazi Germany" is idiocy. Worrying about your post getting you banned is a good thing: it makes you think about the quality of your post. Worrying about your post getting you sent to a gulag, or getting your family sent to a dank, dark prison somewhere, is so retarded it should never be mentioned. Hence the idiocy of bringing up any sort of genocidal regime here.

One of the major faults of internet forums is the complete lack of accountability. This is why people will type "YSSCKY" here, but never, ever say that to a coworker. [censored] 's idea adds some level of accountability for what is posted here, and that will inevitably raise the quality of the forum.

Jimbo
10-06-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't give a [censored], I could care less if half of you disapeared overnight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that my left half or right half? Perhaps you prefer the top or bottom disappearing trick better. I bet you are one of those unconventional guys that cuts diagonally!

Sincere
10-06-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
raise the quality of the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the most idiotic statement of all. Its OOT, its not suppose to have quality, just be fun.

imported_anacardo
10-06-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I mean, if you are thinking of posting something, and you think [censored] might ban you because of it, either a) you're a pussy and we don't want you here or b)the idea probably isn't that good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly! That's why its so great! People will have to think before their idiotic little hands reach for the keyboard in order to dribble their idiocy across OOT.

For instance, comparing anything - anything! - in this forum to "Nazi Germany" is idiocy. Worrying about your post getting you banned is a good thing: it makes you think about the quality of your post. Worrying about your post getting you sent to a gulag, or getting your family sent to a dank, dark prison somewhere, is so retarded it should never be mentioned. Hence the idiocy of bringing up any sort of genocidal regime here.

One of the major faults of internet forums is the complete lack of accountability. This is why people will type "YSSCKY" here, but never, ever say that to a coworker. [censored] 's idea adds some level of accountability for what is posted here, and that will inevitably raise the quality of the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've kept this inside for long enough:

You, sir, are one sharp mother-fucker.

Obviously I'm with your sentiment. This was a difficult choice for me; I don't think I've ever come down on the side of dictatorial power in anything in my life.

But so many posters suck so much.

It all rests in the hands of [censored]; dubious hands, certainly, but his taste in rhetoric seems to be better than most's. There exists an excellent probability that I'll regret ever getting behind this thing, but for the sake of not having to read anything PorscheNGuns ever writes ever again, I'm willing to try.

imported_anacardo
10-06-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't give a [censored], I could care less if half of you disapeared overnight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that my left half or right half? Perhaps you prefer the top or bottom disappearing trick better. I bet you are one of those unconventional guys that cuts diagonally!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, and Jimbo, too. Let's not forget Jimbo.

Sincere
10-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Wow, Jimbo. Havent seen you in a long time. I bet none of these dip shits even remember you, but they are qualified to ban 3 people a day.

imported_anacardo
10-06-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise the quality of the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the most idiotic statement of all. Its OOT, its not suppose to have quality, just be fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

EVERYTHING SHOULD HAVE QUALITY. EVERYTHING. YOU'RE CONSPIRING TO WASTE MY TIME AND DEGRADE MY ENJOYMENT OF LIFE.

Sincere
10-06-2005, 11:12 PM
Youve been a 2+2 member for 6 months and you want Jimbo banned? Your a peace of crap.

radek2166
10-06-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
go away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sincere
10-06-2005, 11:14 PM
If you're looking for philosiphical answers to life you are in the wrong place.

Jimbo
10-06-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, Jimbo. Havent seen you in a long time. I bet none of these dip shits even remember you, but they are qualified to ban 3 people a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Howdy Sincere, how you been? Getting banned has never concerned me. I pretty much post within the forum guidelines so I don't care who gets banned. So far I'm still around but if it happend I wouldn't consider it a life threatening situation.

PoBoy321
10-06-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Howdy Sincere, how you been? Getting banned has never concerned me. I pretty much post within the forum guidelines so I don't care who gets banned. So far I'm still around but if it happend I wouldn't consider it a life threatening situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the issue here. From now on, bannings have nothing to do wirh forum guidelines.

imported_anacardo
10-06-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Youve been a 2+2 member for 6 months and you want Jimbo banned? Your a peace of crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

He sucks! He never contributes anything positive. All he does is [censored] on people and act smug, despite showing no particular evidence of wit, humor, or insight. I can't recall a single post of his that hasn't been some kind of stupid, unfunny rag-fest that just has no business being written in the first place.

Oh, and go Cowboys. Oakland was a blow, but we shall soldier on.

Jimbo
10-06-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He sucks! He never contributes anything positive. All he does is [censored] on people and act smug, despite showing no particular evidence of wit, humor, or insight. I can't recall a single post of his that hasn't been some kind of stupid, unfunny rag-fest that just has no business being written in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

I act smug primarily I am better than you and the majority of the posters in OOT, and many of the other forums as well.

Was that a good example? You are a mere child in a sea of adults. With age comes wisdom my child.

imported_anacardo
10-06-2005, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I act smug primarily I am better than you and the majority of the posters in OOT, and many of the other forums as well.

Was that a good example? You are a mere child in a sea of adults. With age comes wsdom my child.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody who is not a complete, total douchebag is capable of giving an answer like that. Nobody. Enjoy your liver spots and flaccid johnson.

imported_CaseClosed326
10-06-2005, 11:25 PM
I rate this thread 1 star!

jason_t
10-06-2005, 11:26 PM
If by [censored] you mean Dynasty, I'll sign anything.

Jimbo
10-06-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If by [censored] you mean Dynasty, I'll sign anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is funny Jason, that is the reason I even bothered to click on this thread in the first place. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Los Feliz Slim
10-06-2005, 11:32 PM
I'm torn between disliking the idiocy of all this, enjoying the idiocy of all this, and enjoying the outrage over the idiocy of all this.

In general, though, I prefer anarchy to facsism, which is why I propose we all be given the power to ban one another all willy-nilly like.

imported_anacardo
10-06-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm torn between disliking the idiocy of all this, enjoying the idiocy of all this, and enjoying the outrage over the idiocy of all this.

In general, though, I prefer anarchy to facsism, which is why I propose we all be given the power to ban one another all willy-nilly like.

[/ QUOTE ]

You, sir, stand at the door to madness, with key in hand.

ChipWrecked
10-06-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

word. I am in favor of self-policing in forums. Let the masses shout the douchebags down. That's half the fun.

There does need to be somebody with moderator powers, to say for instance delete awful photos that somebody posted from ogrish.... and give us the poster's address so we can go to his house and kick his ass.

Not that it matters but this account is not I, nor did I sign his petition. I made my feelings pretty clear in another thread.

bholdr
10-06-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good point, but that's pretty subjective...

not talking about ElD, of course, but I really hate OOT snobs that seem to think that this is their personal playground. censored is their king.

then again, i also despise unfunny 'look at me' posts and posters that clog up the forum. censored does a lot to mitigate that, i suppose.

i suppose my answer is a big fat 'MEH'

ThaSaltCracka
10-06-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who cares what your opinion is. IMO you should be banned.

[/ QUOTE ]who cares what your opinion is. IMO you should be banned.

see that was easy.

10-07-2005, 12:07 AM
As a moderator, the guy is a power tripping idiot. Please sign this petition.
[censored]:
[ QUOTE ]
See this is an awesome example of why this idea rules so much. Here bob has voiced a negative opinion of me three times. Yet guess what, while he is clearly wrong in this case, his posts don't usually suck - so no banning. I'm firm but fair.

Mostly I see myself as strict but loving father figure who 3 times per month will be taking some posters to the woodshed.

Also it seems there is some significant interest it opening it up beyond 3. Hopefully Mat takes that into account.
=====================
Something I just thought of that will be pretty sweet for those of you who get banned. When you try and log on and it tells you reason you're banned it will say " You have been [censored] " See how sweet that will be?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you guys want arbitrary bannings, fine, but please get someone else to do it. [censored] has no business being a moderator anywhere, especially 2+2.

Jimbo
10-07-2005, 12:09 AM
I went back and read quite a few of your past posts in an attempt to see how I hurt your itty bitty feelings. I came up with the below post of yours in the "ISLAM" thread:

[ QUOTE ]
Let me put this on the record.

Should the United States of America, which I consider Planet Earth's best attempt at civilization thus far, ever deliberately set out to destroy Mecca, Jerusalem, the Vatican, or any other irreplaceable site of of one of the great world religions, I will instantly defect, devoting the rest of my public life to the downfall of this country in whatever way I can be most effective.

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

In case you feel the need to attempt to cause the downfall of this great country for anything related to ragheads or religion the way you could be most effective is to set yourself on fire on National TV. I will gladly supply the fuel and matches at no charge.

imported_anacardo
10-07-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I went back and read quite a few of your past posts in an attempt to see how I hurt your itty bitty feelings. I came up with the below post of yours in the "ISLAM" thread:

[ QUOTE ]
Let me put this on the record.

Should the United States of America, which I consider Planet Earth's best attempt at civilization thus far, ever deliberately set out to destroy Mecca, Jerusalem, the Vatican, or any other irreplaceable site of of one of the great world religions, I will instantly defect, devoting the rest of my public life to the downfall of this country in whatever way I can be most effective.

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

In case you feel the need to attempt to cause the downfall of this great country for anything related to ragheads or religion the way you could be most effective is to set yourself on fire on National TV. I will gladly supply the fuel and matches at no charge.

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't need to drag this onto OOT, but, to summarize:

1) States are impermanent. Men and their souls are what last forever. Yet we are perversely made to behave as though the opposite were true. Weird.

2) You don't know anything about Islam, or any other world religion. Anything.

3) My contempt for your person is in no way emotional or inspired by hurt. You just seem like a douchebag. That's all.

Jimbo
10-07-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2) You don't know anything about Islam, or any other world religion. Anything

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the way you speak in absolutes, it really dilutes your message and shows a true lack of understanding.

Religion is for the weak of mind, for those who need an invisiblle crutch. Believing in God is just plain silly.

I still don't see where I might have offended you in the past but after reading a random selection of your posts I'm quite pleased that I have.

pokerdirty
10-07-2005, 12:21 AM
i think the point that is getting lost here is that 2p2 is a site to post for help in p*k*r. that is why the p*k*r forums are on top, and why OOT is at the very bottom.

i'll admit, i was drawn to this site by the 5 yr old thread, and spend 95% of my time in Sporting Events and OOT (although, this is starting to change, go STTs!), but for many people this is just a place to come when they are tired of telling noobs to fold J2s to a 3bet.

Granted, i know there are a few too many immature sex threads, but instead of banning the poster, why not just lock/delete the thread until people get the point that this immature crap is getting old?

Blarg
10-07-2005, 12:26 AM
This thread sucked the feeble remnants of brain right out of my head. I can't believe I actually read so much crap. My having done so is a very, very bad sign, and fills me with fear and despair.

Jimbo
10-07-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3) My contempt for your person is in no way emotional or inspired by hurt. You just seem like a douchebag. That's all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice edit:

If you banned all the douchebags in this forum you might as well close OOT.

imported_anacardo
10-07-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2) You don't know anything about Islam, or any other world religion. Anything

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the way you speak in absolutes, it really dilutes your message and shows a true lack of understanding.

Religion is for the weak of mind, for those who need an invisiblle crutch. Believing in God is just plain silly.

I still don't see where I might have offended you in the past but after reading a random selection of your posts I'm quite pleased that I have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you prefer:

"Your understanding of any matter theological (as evidenced by your second blanket statement (huh, blanket statements) above)is obviously too weak to make it worth mine or anyone else's time to debate you on the matter, as argument in the face of complete, abject, willful ignorance is doomed to fall on deaf ears, and we all know about scattering pearls before swine."

This is a far more unwieldy sentence, and lacks street flava, while it's at it.

Again: You have not offended me. You have offended my aesthetics. You sound bad. You write poorly, you never bring anything enjoyable to the table, and you're just a total drag. That's all I'm saying.

Blarg
10-07-2005, 12:38 AM
Not to interfere with you two lovebirds, but I just want to say that I demand more street flava.

Los Feliz Slim
10-07-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not to interfere with you two lovebirds, but I just want to say that I demand more street flava.

[/ QUOTE ]

We want the funk! Gotta have that funk!

imported_anacardo
10-07-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/416/liljohn200x2500sc.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Done and done, G.

Jimbo
10-07-2005, 12:42 AM
Actualy I'd prefer you set yourself on fire as I suggested earlier but it appears I'll have to be satisfied at watching you make a complete fool of yourself instead.

imported_anacardo
10-07-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Actualy I'd prefer you set yourself on fire as I suggested earlier but it appears I'll have to be satisfied at watching you make a complete fool of yourself instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't seem to understand.

You're the dipshit. You. You're who does nothing but dump on people all day, every day, despite a shaky grasp of English composition and having never been funny, or quotable, or original, or in any way making an enjoyable non-poker-related contribution, ever.

Me? I'm just some guy. Fool-Free since '83. (I refuse to be held accountable for my infancy.)

tdarko
10-07-2005, 12:54 AM
maybe i missed something but i don't really see what a petition would do considering mat ok'ed [censored]'s modding powers and this new system we are implementing?

anyway, [censored] your petition on the premise that petition's are gay.

IndieMatty
10-07-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't seem to understand.

You're the dipshit. You. You're who does nothing but dump on people all day, every day, despite a shaky grasp of English composition and having never been funny, or quotable, or original, or in any way making an enjoyable non-poker-related contribution, ever.

Me? I'm just some guy. Fool-Free since '83. (I refuse to be held accountable for my infancy.)

[/ QUOTE ]

You fellas right good.

Jimbo
10-07-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
does nothing

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
all day

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
every day

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
having never been

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
or in any way

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
ever

[/ QUOTE ]

You wrote more absolutes in any single runon sentence than I have witnessed in quite some time. Yet you criticize my grammar and composition? If not so sad it would be funny.

Dear child,

You have only been posting here for six months so it is unlikely you have read every single one of my posts but that alone does not excuse your ignorance.

imported_anacardo
10-07-2005, 01:04 AM
That's not a runon. That's a sentence with a lot of clauses. Do you know the difference? No, you do not.

Congratulations. This conversation is too demeaning to continue.

mason55
10-07-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

brilliant. can we make THIS a petition? and then [censored] can ban anyone that signs it. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ulysses
10-07-2005, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that a good example? You are a mere child in a sea of adults. With age comes wisdom my child.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to see you, Jimbo!

Ulysses
10-07-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This thread sucked the feeble remnants of brain right out of my head. I can't believe I actually read so much crap. My having done so is a very, very bad sign, and fills me with fear and despair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't despair, Blarg, you still rule!

Jimbo
10-07-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That's not a runon. That's a sentence with a lot of clauses. Do you know the difference? No, you do not.

Congratulations. This conversation is too demeaning to continue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Live and learn my child.

Run-ons - Comma Splices - Fused Sentences (http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/grammar/g_sentpr.html)

Independent and Dependent Clauses (Definitions) (http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/grammar/g_clause.html)

The Dash (http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/dash.htm)

You will need a great deal more assistance to improve but practice will help.

wacki
10-07-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Threaded mode, it may be evil, but evil can be our friend.

Jimbo
10-07-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Good to see you, Jimbo!

[/ QUOTE ]

Many thanks El Diablo, however I think too many of these welcomes in a single thread may be casue for banning. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

imported_anacardo
10-07-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't despair, Blarg, you still rule!

[/ QUOTE ]

He does rule. The reigning king of OOT, now that Bison's abandoned his title.

ThaSaltCracka
10-07-2005, 01:33 AM
I don't seem to follow the cureent argument, noobs just need to shut the [censored] up.

imported_anacardo
10-07-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't seem to follow the cureent argument, noobs just need to shut the [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ability trumps experience, every single time.

hoyaboy1
10-07-2005, 01:38 AM
I have no problem with idiots being banned. I just don't think [censored], who has shown himself to be a worthless loser time and time again, is the man to do it.

PoBoy321
10-07-2005, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an idea I could get behind.

ThaSaltCracka
10-07-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have no problem with idiots being banned. I just don't think [censored], who has shown himself to be a worthless loser time and time again, is the man to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]I disagree completely with your assement of [censored].

savman
10-07-2005, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

while i dont agree with [censored] getting "executive oot powers" i do agree with much of what u wrote, particularly the last part. which i why i am in full support of keeping SIIHP. I say this all the time to people. Like a hot chic comes by, Me: "i would SIIHP" Buddy: "shes so fine, i would lick her pooper" Me: "whatever dude, lets go get some beer" etc.

10-07-2005, 07:32 PM
Can we take it easy with the stupid comments in the petition. They will just be deleted before it is finalized. If you don't agree, don't sign it.

Sincere
10-07-2005, 08:13 PM
No seriously, dont you think the whole banning thing is out of control? You should be banned, no you should be banned, no he is banned, no you are banned. There are like 50 mods running around here banning people and have no accountablity. People get on here to have a good time, not to be harrassed and threatend with bannings. Im supprised I havent been banned yet, and I havent even done anything. I mean, sh it, what, will I wake up next thursday and try to log on to 2+2 and read "you have been banned?" for no reason?

stabn
10-07-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No seriously, dont you think the whole banning thing is out of control? You should be banned, no you should be banned, no he is banned, no you are banned. There are like 50 mods running around here banning people and have no accountablity. People get on here to have a good time, not to be harrassed and threatend with bannings. Im supprised I havent been banned yet, and I havent even done anything. I mean, sh it, what, will I wake up next thursday and try to log on to 2+2 and read "you have been banned?" for no reason?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it will say you have been [censored].

Sincere
10-07-2005, 08:15 PM
OK, you're a Cowboys fan, I take back the negative comments.

ThaSaltCracka
10-07-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No seriously, dont you think the whole banning thing is out of control?

[/ QUOTE ] I don't actually. I have a ton of faith in [censored] to sort through all the stupid BS here and ban and delete the correct things. In addition, I also think 90% of the people on this forum have next to nothing to worry about.

Sincere
10-07-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I pretty much post within the forum guidelines so I don't care who gets banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is now the 50 different mods can ban you just because they dont like you or what you post about. You can follow the rules and still end up banned.

tonypaladino
10-07-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is now the 50 different mods can ban you just because they dont like you or what you post about. You can follow the rules and still end up banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except there is only one mod who will ban you for not liking you.

tonypaladino
10-07-2005, 08:23 PM
100th post

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/images/hottopic.gifhttp://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/images/hottopic.gifhttp://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/images/hottopic.gifhttp://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/images/hottopic.gifhttp://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/images/hottopic.gifhttp://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/images/hottopic.gifhttp://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/images/hottopic.gifhttp://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/images/hottopic.gifhttp://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/images/hottopic.gifhttp://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/images/hottopic.gifhttp://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/images/hottopic.gif

BusterStacks
10-07-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Except there is only one mod who will ban you for not liking you.

[/ QUOTE ]

as well he should.