PDA

View Full Version : **** Official Astros/Braves Game 2 Thread ****

Ulysses
10-06-2005, 08:31 PM
Is Smoltz going to make it to the 2nd inning?

GuyOnTilt
10-06-2005, 08:32 PM
GET PUMPED.

GoT

Ulysses
10-06-2005, 08:36 PM
Looks like we're on track for a 9-2 victory.

pokerdirty
10-06-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you'd think after 13k posts that you would know when to not start another thread...

Ulysses
10-06-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you'd think after 13k posts that you would know when to not start another thread...

[/ QUOTE ]

1 thread for a whole series seems silly, but whatever, if that's the rule, I can roll with it!

nolanfan34
10-06-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1 thread for a whole series seems silly, but whatever, if that's the rule, I can roll with it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that was the idea before these wild card series started. For the ALCS, and NLCS, I can see single game threads not being as cluttering.

But I think you knew that already.

10-06-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice call El sucko.

10-06-2005, 11:24 PM
How many Astros popped out tonight? 80!??

And I don't like bringing in Backe tonight. Sure he needs to get his work in, but don't let the hitters see him before his start... put Wandy in there.

Why no pinch-hit Bagwell for Ausmus with 2 down in the 9th? Let Baggy get his hacks in. Especially off Farnsworth (Who he'll very likely face in a late-inning pressure situation later in the series).

All in all though, I hate to say it, but Roger lost this one for us. Oh well, Roy dominates at home.

Gee, I wonder who FOX wants to win the R.O.Y. award? Talk about Franceour 8 different times while Willy "TAVAREZ" Taveras gets three hits!?

F Fox.

Franceour has outfield assists!? Really? So does Willy T. He threw out a cub at home plate in two consecutive games this year.

Franceour had 130 AB's before a WALK!? This is a GOOD thing!? No... it's an awful sign.

Did Franceour fill the huge void of CF and LEADOFF hitter for his team!? No.

I'm sick of hearing about that guy. He gets caught up in a rundown after a single!? Nice one. He started off "A fiery .370..." Wow. He ended up .300... does that mean he hit .230 or so the second half!?

The ROY award should be between Howard and Taveras. Hands down.

10-06-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How many Astros popped out tonight? 80!??

And I don't like bringing in Backe tonight. Sure he needs to get his work in, but don't let the hitters see him before his start... put Wandy in there.

Why no pinch-hit Bagwell for Ausmus with 2 down in the 9th? Let Baggy get his hacks in. Especially off Farnsworth (Who he'll very likely face in a late-inning pressure situation later in the series).

All in all though, I hate to say it, but Roger lost this one for us. Oh well, Roy dominates at home.

Gee, I wonder who FOX wants to win the R.O.Y. award? Talk about Franceour 8 different times while Willy "TAVAREZ" Taveras gets three hits!?

F Fox.

Franceour has outfield assists!? Really? So does Willy T. He threw out a cub at home plate in two consecutive games this year.

Franceour had 130 AB's before a WALK!? This is a GOOD thing!? No... it's an awful sign.

Did Franceour fill the huge void of CF and LEADOFF hitter for his team!? No.

I'm sick of hearing about that guy. He gets caught up in a rundown after a single!? Nice one. He started off "A fiery .370..." Wow. He ended up .300... does that mean he hit .230 or so the second half!?

The ROY award should be between Howard and Taveras. Hands down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cry me a river, Franceour was the best rookie in baseball this year. Howard played more games and should probably win the ROY, Taveras is "average".

andyfox
10-06-2005, 11:39 PM
As long as he doesn't catch a hanger.

andyfox
10-06-2005, 11:40 PM
"Roger lost this one for us"

Yeah, if he had pitched a shutout, the Astros would have won.

Benholio
10-07-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They talked about Taveras plenty. Actually, the only time I heard anyone give their opinion on ROY, they said Howard would probably win, but Taveras deserved it. The other announcer agreed.

10-07-2005, 12:38 AM
Taveras is "average"? lol.

Start Jeff Franceour in CF on opening day in Atlanta, and have him hit leadoff almost all year long.

Taveras filled two huge voids for us, and CONSISTENTLY hit .290.

Not .370 then .230 while not allowing himself to walk for 130 AB's.

Franceour won't even be around in 4 years. He'll be out of baseball. Guaranteed.

10-07-2005, 12:39 AM
You're right, laying a meatball right over the plate with 2 outs and 2 on is a great idea. He had a lead and lost it. This was clearly not vintage Roger. Once the stros were in a 5-1 hole its kind of daunting trying to fight back against Smoltz, who WAS on his game.

10-07-2005, 12:40 AM
Yet they don't even know how to pronounce his name...

Yeah, nice "props".

GuyOnTilt
10-07-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, nice "props".

[/ QUOTE ]
ESPN just learned how to pronounce Oswalt two years ago. There's never been any national attention/love for Houston. Don't let it get you down.

GoT

10-07-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, nice "props".

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot. You cry because you said the anouncers weren't talking about taveras, when it's pointed out that they both said he should win ROY you bitch because you didnt like how they pronounced his name.

YSSCKY /images/graemlins/mad.gif

10-07-2005, 12:49 AM
nah, it's "OZWALD"

Jason Lohnay

Orlando Palmee-eye-ro

Eric Buntless

10-07-2005, 12:51 AM
Look at these picks for ROY loser

someone missing? (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3602086&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1)

Bwahahahhahahahhahahahah

10-07-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

YSSCKY

[/ QUOTE ]

If I knew what this meant I might actually care.

You can't honestly say they didn't spend more time talking about Franceour than Taveras.. they may have passingly said "taveras should win it" but they also said "But CHICKS DIG THE LONG BALL!" and spent the rest of the broadcast on that glorified minor-leaguer.

GuyOnTilt
10-07-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, if he had pitched a shutout, the Astros would have won.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right, laying a meatball right over the plate with 2 outs and 2 on is a great idea. He had a lead and lost it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, yeah. 'Cause that's exactly what he said.

GoT

nolanfan34
10-07-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

YSSCKY

[/ QUOTE ]

If I knew what this meant I might actually care.

You can't honestly say they didn't spend more time talking about Franceour than Taveras.. they may have passingly said "taveras should win it" but they also said "But CHICKS DIG THE LONG BALL!" and spent the rest of the broadcast on that glorified minor-leaguer.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're my new favorite poster. LOL.

Benholio
10-07-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When he said "But CHICKS DIG THE LONG BALL!" he was explaining why he thought HOWARD would win the award. He was making the point that voters look at HR's more than anything else, because they DO! It had nothing to do with Francoeur... let it go!

mmbt0ne
10-07-2005, 02:27 AM
Who's going to score the runs?