PDA

View Full Version : Back to basics: Donking against the flush draw free card play?

bobdibble
10-06-2005, 08:31 PM
According to my notes, BB is a total loose donk. On the flop he could have anything or nothing. I am not really worried about him.

Button has TAG stats, but I don't have any notes on him and don't have any reads in particular on him.

The pot is kinda big on the turn and I'd like it. Button could have been raising with a flush draw for a free card, so I donk the turn.

Comments on all post flop streets are appreciated.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, Button calls, BB calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

SackUp
10-06-2005, 08:34 PM
I don't like this play at all with 4 callers. Even if button raised the flop with the flush draw you have the BB calling 2 colds and the other guy calling. I'm not liking my jacks that much right now.

I'm checking the turn and seeing what happens. Most likely c/f, especially if the button bets and bb calls.

thesharpie
10-06-2005, 08:39 PM
I don't like it. There are no other draws on this ragged board apart from a flush draw, and there are only a couple he'd coldcall with preflop such as A/images/graemlins/club.gifQ/images/graemlins/club.gif and maybe A/images/graemlins/club.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif. Also would he even want to raise a flush draw here, especially if he has a read on you, since he's more likely to knock out BB, and possibly MP2 if you 3 bet. Check fold the turn.

bobdibble
10-06-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya.. I think this is correct and is my usual line, but I feel another lag phase coming on in my development and need to keep it under control.. hence the checkup /images/graemlins/smile.gif