PDA

View Full Version : 9Ts, fold turn boat?

Cumulonimbus
10-06-2005, 07:29 PM
Rawr. I've been on tilt all day, so I'm confused about everything. Do I just dump this on the turn? Folding seemed too weak to me, considering he could have AA or maybe even QQ or JJ. I wasn't worried about the calling station, he just liked to see rivers.

Villian is laggy 27/15/3. Other dude is telephone.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Nimbus_On_Tilt is BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Nimbus_On_Tilt calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Nimbus_On_Tilt bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Nimbus_On_Tilt calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Nimbus_On_Tilt checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Nimbus_On_Tilt calls, MP1 calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Nimbus_On_Tilt checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Nimbus_On_Tilt calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

thesharpie
10-06-2005, 07:39 PM
3 bet the flop. I'd also call it down.

Cumulonimbus
10-06-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't like a turn CR?

newhizzle
10-06-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't like a turn CR?

[/ QUOTE ]

i like a bet/3bet on flop so you can get bets from everyone, a turn check/raise faces the field with 2 BB cold

edit: by the field, i mean MP1

Cumulonimbus
10-06-2005, 08:05 PM
i usually assume that these calling stations will call with any two cards on the flop and then dump the turn. So I provoked the call on the flop because his Q8 or 87 or whatever the hell he had usually isn't a threat to my hand, and I didn't plan on him calling the turn anyway.

newhizzle
10-06-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i usually assume that these calling stations will call with any two cards on the flop and then dump the turn. So I provoked the call on the flop because his Q8 or 87 or whatever the hell he had usually isn't a threat to my hand, and I didn't plan on him calling the turn anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly why you should charge him another bet on the flop

Cumulonimbus
10-06-2005, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And miss the extra BB on the turn from the villian? Along with the slightly possible 2BB from the other guy?

somapopper
10-06-2005, 08:12 PM
6 of one half a dozen of another.

Cumulonimbus
10-06-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

newhizzle
10-06-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And miss the extra BB on the turn from the villian? Along with the slightly possible 2BB from the other guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think its close, but id normally 3-bet the flop, the big bet you are likely getting from MP1 makes up for the one you get from CO on the turn, i think its a lot more likely that MP1 will cal 2 now and 1 on the turn than 2 cold on the turn, plus you get an extra small bet from CO now

edit: plus you never know when your going to run into complications on the turn, like a 3rd spade or the king pairing or something that may prevent you from wanting to c/r

newhizzle
10-06-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what?

somapopper
10-07-2005, 12:17 AM
Ha, I'm rarely sure myself /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think I meant that raising on the flop likely gets you 2 extra sb, and raising on the turn likely gets you one extra bb, so you should play the flop fast in the unlikely event that you're gonna be drawn out on. Er, something like that.