PDA

View Full Version : AK, flopped TP and flush Draw....... 10/20

MAxx
10-06-2005, 07:29 PM
Villain: I have 150 hands on him and he is 33.8/14.5/2.1. I have not noticed anything suspect postflop, or at least I didnt remember anything.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

It's now your turn to decide what to do........

10-06-2005, 07:34 PM
Grunch,
You have great hand equtiy, but I think your prob beat here most often. I expect a set, or even the flush, either way, I like the flop action, on the turn, Ill check to him, If he checks Im autobetting the river, and if he bets, Ill call through hoping to improve...This is a bluff heavy board too but 4 betting is tough, and he realizes ur not laying down your holdings. His read by the stats is a reasonably tight player, avg aggressiveness...

CDL

10-06-2005, 07:49 PM
i'm checking and calling. looks like you're beat already, could be drawing dead.

Moneyline
10-06-2005, 07:49 PM
I think this is a fairly straightforward check/call on the turn. If another heart, 7, or King pops up on the river I'd bet out, otherwise I'd check/call 5th street.

luckyharr
10-06-2005, 09:12 PM
Seems to me like villains hand range is extremely narrow after the flop action. He's a little loose so cold calling with suited cards seems reasonable. Calling with K7s is a possibility as well.

You are ahead of KQh and KJh, perhaps other KQ or KJ combos but you really haven't seen him get out of line. I guess he could be overplaying JJ-99 with one heart but that seems unlikely. Basically there are only several reasonable hands that you are ahead of based on your read that he's not a LAG.

You are behind 44 (3 combos) and 77 (1 combo) and a host of suited cards like QJh, QTh, JTh, J9h, and others if you think he would cold call with lower than that.

Honestly, in the hand I would probably bet/call the turn and check/call the river unimproved (that was gut instict after my first look at your hand,) but check/call, check/call unimproved seems like the right line. I think you bet a rivered heart because it seems unlikely he has a boat and would probably check behind a lot of flushes on the river fearing the Ah.

joker122
10-06-2005, 09:16 PM
check-call turn, bet a heart river and call a raise, otherwise check call river.

Lmn55d
10-06-2005, 09:57 PM
if he doesn't coldcall with total crap let's say his range is 77, KQ with Q of hearts, KJ with J of hearts, maybe KT with T of hearts, JQh, JTh, QTh. out of that range you are behind 6 combos and ahead of 6. He's almost always gonna be betting the ones containing a king I think. I doubt he's making some sort of free card play with a naked Qh, etc. So I think the best play is to check/call.

DrSavage
10-06-2005, 10:01 PM
I bet the turn here every time.

MAxx
10-06-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Grunch,

[/ QUOTE ]

I know its not clear, but that word is actually "Crunk" as in "Crunk Juice". Not that it matters any.