PDA

View Full Version : Pokerstove type program for Omaha??

pfkaok
10-06-2005, 06:22 PM
I've used the one on cardplayer, but i really want to find one that can give odds of various hands vs. a random hand or against a hand range... as i feel this would be most useful for later stages of tourneys when the stacks start getting prettty small in relation to blinds.

10-10-2005, 06:14 AM
Not as far as I am aware. The problem is that card range is much wider in omaha, especially in the later stages of a tourney when the blinds are so high. People will see or raise on 5678, QQ1010, AAxx, QJ98 suited and unsuited and much worse. Typical programs such as poker analyzer (expensive) or free website based ones allow you to do partial ranges (such as AA with two other random cards). Pokerstove only has to worry about two cards in each persons hand

10-10-2005, 08:05 AM
As a note aside, that poker analyser thing looks much overpriced given the features and screenshots, and plain ol' (and free) pokenum seems to do much the same job.
I agree that a pokerstove-like omaha tool would be much useful, though.

FRC

barongreenback
10-10-2005, 02:19 PM
I use this: PokerCalculator (http://koti.mbnet.fi/jraevaar/pokercalculator/index.php)
It doesn't have hand ranges for Omaha but does allow random hands. It also does partially random hands eg AAXX but I'm not totally sure of the accuracy of these. I'd be interested to know if there is anything better (for HE or omaha).

James

10-11-2005, 04:59 AM
I fiddled with it for stud5 evaluations but unfortunately it turned out to be buggy.

FRC