PDA

View Full Version : Quick hand question....

Ken_AA
10-06-2005, 06:20 PM
I onlt ask because I noticed the other players at the table chat after I busted out on this hand about how bad my play was.....

11 on Party

7 handed BB is 100 I have 590 in chips, I have entered one pot and stole the blinds, thats it.

action folds to me on CO with 56s.
Button and Sb have about 1K in chips, and BB about 2K. None of them seem real loose or really tight.

I push which I still feel like is the correct play.

any thoughts are welcomed, please, I'm in a funk right now.

Ken

10-06-2005, 06:27 PM
I think you can be a little more patient here. You will see a better hand than that in the next few hands if you are itching to push.

patrick dicaprio
10-06-2005, 06:32 PM
BB has 2K and it costs him 490 to call so if he will just think you are stealing even a reasonable amount of the time and also that you are likely to have just two high cards with no pair then you are getting called. plus your all in is basically a desperation play and he will see it as such. i would expect to be called here a majority of the time at least.

you have to show some patience here.

pat

Nicholasp27
10-06-2005, 06:36 PM
56s is not good enough with 3 to go, 7-handed with 5.9 bbs

sngpt shows it as -.33 ev

niquewon
10-06-2005, 06:38 PM
I don't like pushing here. In a typical $11 game you're going to be called here by too many hands to justify risking your stack on 6 high.

ZeroPointMachine
10-06-2005, 06:40 PM
56s
Push from SB-Good
Push from BTN-Bad
Push from CO-Ugly

Suited connectors are just bad little cards if you are called. Your FE against one player is worth the risk but not against three.

10-06-2005, 07:15 PM
You've only entered one pot and you pick 56s to make a move in the CO?

If you wanna make a move at least have something at the 11's because you will get called. One of my biggest errors is playing a hand I wouldn't normally play because I haven't played many hands. Position is more important than your image of being a tight player because most of these players won't even notice your playing style.

mosdef
10-06-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I onlt ask because I noticed the other players at the table chat after I busted out on this hand about how bad my play was.....

11 on Party

[/ QUOTE ]

you do NOT need to worry about criticism from other players at the 11s. seriously

Ken_AA
10-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Thank you for the thoughts maybe this is why I'm off to a rough start in October.

Ken