PDA

View Full Version : Two hands against uber-LAGs

private joker
10-06-2005, 05:20 PM
Both of these guys were on steroids, and rather than really go for the throat, I took sort of a weird Joker-style passive-aggressive line against them. They're not maniacs -- just way aggro. Could be good, could be bad; I think they're interesting though.

Hand 1: Villain is 15/15/2, but he's playing even more aggro than that -- he just 3-bet 76o from the SB last hand.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

I didn't cap because although I figured to be ahead of Button, BB was unknown and I was scared by his cold-call and wanted to be in a position to push him out on the flop.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 12.70 BB

Hand 2: This guy is 24/20/5 and won't be pushed off a hand, especially not after 3-betting PF.

I decided to cap PF for value but then check-call the flop because I wanted to show this hand down and there's a good chance any aggression I show is going to be returned harder. He'd raise this flop with an underpair.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.70 BB

Evan
10-06-2005, 05:22 PM
I'm not responding to any posts that involve capping preflop and checking the flop heads up.

W. Deranged
10-06-2005, 05:24 PM
I don't like the flop check in #2, as with Evan.

If anything, I like betting the flop to induce a raise from the lag who likely has an inferior hand. I'm almost certainly taking this hand to showdown, and I'm happy to let him try to take it away from me.

I do like bet-calling the river. I just posted another hand where I bet-called a river when I hit top pair with AK against a player who I figured was trying to take the pot away from me.

private joker
10-06-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not responding to any posts that involve capping preflop and checking the flop heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a response.

What about hand 1?

Nick C
10-06-2005, 05:41 PM
Both hands seem all right to me.

In Hand 2, I don't like the queen on the flop very much, and if we're going to showdown (and against this guy, I think we probably should), then I'd just as soon do it as cheaply as possible, until we catch something.

As for what your flop check represents, I guess it represents that you either missed or have QQ. But this Villain will probably assume you missed and keep pushing with his AJs, if that's what he has, trying to get you to fold.