PDA

View Full Version : I hate this game... LC

ace_in_the_hole
10-06-2005, 05:12 PM
I win money but have to hear about people winning so much more all because they don't get unlucky. I don't care what anyone says, somebody has to have the worst luck in the forum and it is me. I am playing great poker, I knoew this because whenever I lose I was at LEAST a 4-1 favorite. I will transfer somebody $100 to look at my hand histories and then report to this board that I do have some of the most horrible luck na dbecause of it I cannot get an ROI higher than 15%.

And to raptor I WOULD honestly love to go over your 7000 HH of the $55's when you did 19% ROI. I need to see how its done and see if you get bad beats 3 out of 5 SnG's on the bubble.

I have made over $10,000 this year and I still ahte this game mostly cause I am addicted to money and can;t stop palying. Oh yeah I am also good at this game. I get players to stick there money in with 2 outs, then GOD punishes me and lets them win. I guess darwin's theory doesn't apply to poker., at least for me.

Out.
Im sick.

Hornacek
10-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Swings, dude, swings. Making money is g00t tho!

ace_in_the_hole
10-06-2005, 05:15 PM
I will not stop posting these gay posts until I lose my bankroll, so hope for that so I can be put out of my misery. I am going to be the first to blow through a 150 BI bankroll and by only making +EV plays. This is gonna be my newest challenge.

downtown
10-06-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will not stop posting these gay posts until I lose my bankroll, so hope for that so I can be put out of my misery. I am going to be the first to blow through a 150 BI bankroll and by only making +EV plays. This is gonna be my newest challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude this is like your 3rd new post on the same downswing today! Have you thought about taking a break? I had a huge downswing at the 33s, took a break as desribed here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=3482861 &Forum=,,,,All_Forums,,,,&Words=&Searchpage=3&Limi t=25&Main=3482861&Search=true&where=&Name=23175&da terange=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype= &bodyprev=#Post3482861), came back and totally pwn3d the 33s for all of everyones' money, and moved up to the 55s.

Breaks can be +$EV, take one!

Ogre
10-06-2005, 05:19 PM
go eat some chipotle and you will feel better about yourself

pooh74
10-06-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
go eat some chipotle and you will feel better about yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

mmmm

how'd you know what I was having for dinner tonight? that's amazing!

ace_in_the_hole
10-06-2005, 05:29 PM
Brought to tears for the second day in a row, first set of 16 after yesterday's horror. 8-4ths, 3 5ths, 3 6th's, 2 7ths. I was at LEAST a 4-1 fav in all but one. But hey its swings. COOL.

freemoney
10-06-2005, 05:34 PM
do the math of .2^15 cry baby its like 1 in a bajillion and u always bitch, ur a big pussy, quit poker buy some tampons

pergesu
10-06-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will transfer somebody $100 to look at my hand histories and then report to this board that I do have some of the most horrible luck na dbecause of it I cannot get an ROI higher than 15%.

[/ QUOTE ]
For $100 I'll look at 10 of your HHs and then report my findings as to whether you are a horribly unlucky player. PM me if interested, and we'll work out details.

pooh74
10-06-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will transfer somebody $100 to look at my hand histories and then report to this board that I do have some of the most horrible luck na dbecause of it I cannot get an ROI higher than 15%.

[/ QUOTE ]
For $100 I'll look at 10 of your HHs and then report my findings as to whether you are a horribly unlucky player. PM me if interested, and we'll work out details.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ill look at 20 HHs for 50$

ace_in_the_hole
10-06-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude this is like your 3rd new post on the same downswing today! Have you thought about taking a break? I had a huge downswing at the 33s, took a break as desribed here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=3482861 &Forum=,,,,All_Forums,,,,&Words=&Searchpage=3&Limi t=25&Main=3482861&Search=true&where=&Name=23175&da terange=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype= &bodyprev=#Post3482861), came back and totally pwn3d the 33s for all of everyones' money, and moved up to the 55s.

Breaks can be +$EV, take one!

[/ QUOTE ]

Your downswing was over 165 games, I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE one of those, mine last hundreds of games currently 300 and COUNTING, HOLLER.

Plus everytime I go on even a 1 day heater it is followed by a 2 week shitter and I am left with a small profit, is that how it works for you. This is over 3000 games for me I will post my profit graphs later so you guys can see what im talkign about, oh and after every tourney I list the %fav. I was to make sure I am not getting my money in bad.

Oh and I really hope you do good in the $55's, when I tried moving up my first 100 were -7% ROI, not bad but just funny, how nothing ever goes right for me.

The Yugoslavian
10-06-2005, 05:42 PM
You need a break. Put some of that 10k to good use.

If you can't take a break at least smoke something to clear your head a bit, your thinking is WAY too uptight.

Your mindset right now will hinder you from getting better at poker and likely is causing you to tilt/play less than your capabilities. Likely you enjoy the game far less due to this situation.

You don't deserve good ro bad luck. You don't deserve anything from poker. Talk about what you have gotten or haven't gotten. Sounds like you've gotten quite a bit of $$. Of course you've forfeited some time and possibly some of your sanity (momentarily lets hope /images/graemlins/wink.gif ).

In poker or even life in general, poisonous thoughts and thinking will increase your chances of poor results....plus you will hate everything you're doing. You should likely learn to spot the poisonous thoughts and mental mindset. Then work on letting it go and being at peace with whatever is causing the mindset.

Stop reading 2p2 as well if you can (I never really could stop /images/graemlins/frown.gif )...that should help.

Yugoslav

The Yugoslavian
10-06-2005, 05:44 PM
300 games is nothing.

What results other people are possibly attaining means much, much less than you think.

Seriously, play some other form of poker or just do something else for a while.....your mind is complete F'ed up right now.

Yugoslav

ace_in_the_hole
10-06-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You need a break. Put some of that 10k to good use.

If you can't take a break at least smoke something to clear your head a bit, your thinking is WAY too uptight.

Your mindset right now will hinder you from getting better at poker and likely is causing you to tilt/play less than your capabilities. Likely you enjoy the game far less due to this situation.

You don't deserve good ro bad luck. You don't deserve anything from poker. Talk about what you have gotten or haven't gotten. Sounds like you've gotten quite a bit of $$. Of course you've forfeited some time and possibly some of your sanity (momentarily lets hope /images/graemlins/wink.gif ).

In poker or even life in general, poisonous thoughts and thinking will increase your chances of poor results....plus you will hate everything you're doing. You should likely learn to spot the poisonous thoughts and mental mindset. Then work on letting it go and being at peace with whatever is causing the mindset.

Stop reading 2p2 as well if you can (I never really could stop /images/graemlins/frown.gif )...that should help.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the encouraging words, I can tell you have been through some rough swings yourself, cause you seem to relate to how I am feeling.

The thing is, I need to make $3,000 this month, I am going to play 1300 $33's and if that is not enough to withstand some variance I am screwed, so I can only take a 2 day break. I don;t think I can take a break from this forum, lol. My aces just held up against 77, so things are looking up. And to the tampon poster, I LOVE YOU, and would like to put a tampon in you.

applejuicekid
10-06-2005, 05:49 PM
Great post Yugoslavian I have tried to explain the exact same to other people, but you put it better than I ever could.

This is the best part:

[ QUOTE ]
You don't deserve anything from poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

People need to read this and believe it. This will make you a much better person and player. Ever since I realized "You don't deserve anything" I have been much happier.

illegit
10-06-2005, 05:51 PM
I think whether or not you got in with the best of it on your bust out hand is a terrible indicator of whether or notyou're playing well. What if you're on the bubble, you wait for AA, but have been blinded down in the meantime to the point you only have 1BB? And now someone sucks out on you. Did you play brilliantly and they got lucky? Or did you play terribly? I say it's the latter, even though you got in as a 80% favorite.

What if you bleed off a ton of chips early then a big stack gambles and calls you as a 3-1 dog and wins cause he has enough chips to take the risk where you bled those chips away early? Are you unlucky or bad? you're bad.

Not saying any of this necessarilly applies in this instance but really how often you're all-in with the best of it means almost nothing if there's no context provided.

GutPunch
10-06-2005, 05:56 PM
i have the worst luck, not you.

I lose AA to KK, KK to 99, flop a straight, guy runner runner flushs out on me. i push AK, and run into AA.

I swear, its a Fing JOKE. Poker is not skill, its luck. When you consistantly put all your chips in with the best of it and ALWAYS LOSE. Then on top of that, you can't win a coin flip

ace_in_the_hole
10-06-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think whether or not you got in with the best of it on your bust out hand is a terrible indicator of whether or notyou're playing well. What if you're on the bubble, you wait for AA, but have been blinded down in the meantime to the point you only have 1BB? And now someone sucks out on you. Did you play brilliantly and they got lucky? Or did you play terribly? I say it's the latter, even though you got in as a 80% favorite.

What if you bleed off a ton of chips early then a big stack gambles and calls you as a 3-1 dog and wins cause he has enough chips to take the risk where you bled those chips away early? Are you unlucky or bad? you're bad.

Not saying any of this necessarilly applies in this instance but really how often you're all-in with the best of it means almost nothing if there's no context provided.

[/ QUOTE ]

If a scenario like that happens I don't evwen consider it a bad beat, I understand that you can;t wait for good ahnds forever. Butn in the $33's pushbotting is supposed to work according to raptor and he has made like 45645656565$$.

pergesu
10-06-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your downswing was over 165 games, I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE one of those, mine last hundreds of games currently 300 and COUNTING, HOLLER.

Plus everytime I go on even a 1 day heater it is followed by a 2 week shitter and I am left with a small profit, is that how it works for you. This is over 3000 games for me I will post my profit graphs later so you guys can see what im talkign about, oh and after every tourney I list the %fav. I was to make sure I am not getting my money in bad.

Oh and I really hope you do good in the $55's, when I tried moving up my first 100 were -7% ROI, not bad but just funny, how nothing ever goes right for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.javaspot.net/images/crymeariver.jpg

Know what's funny? That's not even bad compared to most players.

My ROI over these 780 is like 10%...not great but it's still $$

ace_in_the_hole
10-06-2005, 06:08 PM
I have 1400 $22's with 7% ROI. That's so bad that I think it just means I suck at poker, but I suck a little less than the $22 players. But then I do 800 $33's at 14% ROI, although aftr my last 250 it is down to 10% and im sure it wont stop till it settles around 5%. In the $22's I am on a 450 SnG downstreak and just quit, so I could be on my way to one of those 1000 SnG breakeven streaks, thanks for making it my second 1000. And no matter what I know I can beat the $22's as Long as i win at least 50% of the time I am a 90% favorite. I jsut can;t wait to get 10,000 SnG's done, maybe I will be broke by then and I can quit. I know I am just some dumb guy that can;t handle the swings but I ahve it worse than any other person playing at my same ability I kNOW this.

pergesu
10-06-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have 1400 $22's with 7% ROI. That's so bad that I think it just means I suck at poker, but I suck a little less than the $22 players.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay newsflash: If you have a positive ROI then you don't suck at poker. You have to be a [censored] moron not to understand that.

Nicholasp27
10-06-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ill look at 20 HHs for 50$

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll look at 500 HHs for $100

The Yugoslavian
10-06-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The thing is, I need to make $3,000 this month, I am going to play 1300 $33's .

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can somehow keep your head relatively straight it will be much, much easier.

Seriously, work in some meditation or kickboxing or car racing or something into your routine to take some of the edge off. If you're going to tilt, do it doing something else....and try to come back relatively refreshed.

I think it's pretty clear some inspiration is also needed:

http://69.93.50.122/wonderfulgirls/photos/8A0173D1C78A4E3F8B783D6CBCD8AABB.jpg

Yugoslav

ace_in_the_hole
10-06-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have 1400 $22's with 7% ROI. That's so bad that I think it just means I suck at poker, but I suck a little less than the $22 players.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay newsflash: If you have a positive ROI then you don't suck at poker. You have to be a [censored] moron not to understand that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it sick that the graph you posted trying to show em what a "REAL" downswing is, but I would kill to be able to do 10% and to have a graph like that. MIne shoots up a little then flat lines for about 300 then shoots up a little and anothe flat line for 500. Basically I really just do not understand how people can do >20% ROI over thousands of SnG's, I know they play excellent poker, but how do you get the power to not get unlucky. I really would like to go over some HH just to see what a luxury it must be.

Kanchi
10-06-2005, 06:29 PM
I lurk and use to see my penis is this big and my ROI is this big, now it's NO my penis is this small and I lose this much.

It's funnier here then OOT sometimes.

This sounds like systematic self-destruction. You 'must' make money and are tilting beyond belief yet you're going to force yourself to play. Stop and go over your HH yourself, you probably made a bunch of mistakes that added to the swing.

Dr_Jeckyl_00
10-06-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I have made over $10,000 this year ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to be in your shoes...

The Yugoslavian
10-06-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading the OP and his other posts all over the forum, do you *really*?

This isn't a trick question.

Yugoslav

Newt_Buggs
10-06-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading the OP and his other posts all over the forum, do you *really*?

This isn't a trick question.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]
hahahaha, nh

Newt_Buggs
10-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Imagine playing the $215s and having these swings. I'll wake up and squeeze in a set before class, except that it goes bad so I get to think about how I just lost $2,000 in less than an hour this morning.

beeyjay
10-06-2005, 06:59 PM
i would be willing to bet i am far more unlucky. I have been running horrendously (that sounds so much better than the run ive had words cant begin to describe it) for 4 weeks now(600ish games) with a 3% roi. Each day i come back with a positive outlook because things have to turn around at some point only to have my aa lose to qk and my kk run into aa on the bubble over and over and over and over agin. I have now had 5 - 20+ buyin drops over 600 games. Fun stuff.

get over it. youre not the most unlucky. eveyrbody runs bad at some point although i do agree that a lot of people on this board havent gotten there yet and i really hope they never do for their sake.

beeyjay
10-06-2005, 07:01 PM
do yourself a real favor and go to Qdoba. youll never set foot inside chipotle again.

The Yugoslavian
10-06-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do yourself a real favor and go to Qdoba. youll never set foot inside chipotle again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Negatory.

Although I like Qdoba just fine too.

The OP could eat at Chipotle all week but I doubt it will really set his mind straight....but it should help as long as he eats it there and doesn't bring it back to subject himself to more mental anguish and mindf*ckery.

Yugoslav

ZeroPointMachine
10-06-2005, 07:08 PM
"i would be willing to bet i am far more unlucky."

I find the irony of this statement very amusing for some reason.

lem45216
10-06-2005, 07:24 PM
How many tables are you playing? If you're playing 8 tables or something cut back to 1 or 2 for a bit. That means you can focus loads on each game, and i think you'd play better. I know it mucks up youe $/hr but its just worked for me. I've been on a 150 game downswing, which, granted, isnt much compared to others, but i recently cut back the number of tables and my results picked up, it could be variance just deciding to give me luck, but maybe not.
Try it.

beeyjay
10-06-2005, 07:24 PM
haha you cant get anything past you

applejuicekid
10-06-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had Qdoba twice and was not impressed. What should I order next time?

Allinlife
10-06-2005, 07:32 PM
join the fun in SSNL homie. less variance + funner poker.

ace_in_the_hole
10-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Thanks for allt he replies guys. I feel like a few of you actually do understand what its like and are trying to keep me encouraged. I really appreciate it. Just another reason why this forum has been sucha big help for me. I think part of my frustration stems from me quitting smoking 15 days ago, I actually should have mentioned that in my previous post. It makes me seem a little less mental. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
But I am at least breaking even this afternoon and am a lot more positive than I was 24 hours ago. Holler.

Out.

yid3655
10-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Must be about the 500th person ive heard this from, and I think I am the unluckiest player in the world aswell /images/graemlins/frown.gif....I can see a pattern developing

psyduck
10-06-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
quitting smoking 15 days ago

[/ QUOTE ]

EV+++++++

Good luck out there dooder.

MegaBet
10-06-2005, 08:09 PM
Everyone has bad runs while playing well.

beeyjay
10-06-2005, 08:19 PM
ive never seen a chain where the food varies so much from one restaurant to another so maybe you just went to a crappy one... but i usually rock the chicken queso burrito... mmmm qdoba... aight im out i gotta get some now.

10-06-2005, 08:19 PM
Currently -43 buy in downswing, i was down to 70 buy ins, but manged to recover some. still 43 buy ins, when i was a 20% ROI player at the 55+5 really hurts.

applejuicekid
10-06-2005, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ive never seen a chain where the food varies so much from one restaurant to another so maybe you just went to a crappy one... but i usually rock the chicken queso burrito... mmmm qdoba... aight im out i gotta get some now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll give it another try tomorrow, thanks for the tip.

Seth Money
10-06-2005, 09:48 PM
PM your email and send you can send me 100 random HH. I have 12 hours of travel tomorrow via train. I will report my findings, i was gonna read magazines anyways.

10-06-2005, 10:36 PM
I know how you feel. Look at the train wreck that is my day at the $33s.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/2530/profitgraph7dj.jpg

pooh74
10-06-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"i would be willing to bet i am far more unlucky."

I find the irony of this statement very amusing for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...mutha fn POTD!!!

I love it!

pooh74
10-06-2005, 11:09 PM
What is funny...and what IS the difference between good players and bad ones, is that over that LONGG break even period u had, most players would be losing horribly...

Thats what makes a good player good...his downswings are merely LESS severe. No one escapes them though...no one

Edit: BTW, I am a 2+2 Veteran...now bow down.

Hendricks433
10-07-2005, 12:37 AM
LoL horrible day at the $33's eh?

sahala
10-07-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
LoL horrible day at the $33's eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it's kind of a dick move IMO.