PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good poker books

05-22-2003, 06:32 AM
Hi,
My friend is going to US, and I want him to buy me some poker books, that's my question, what 2 poker books you read improved your poker play the most. I'm interested only in texas holdem (tournament and ring games), im thinking about Holdem Poker for Advanced Players and something else, what could you advice me?

Andy B
05-22-2003, 10:56 AM
If you can only get two books, get Hold'em for Advanced Players and Theory of Poker. I'd suggest getting more than two books if you can. How often do you have friends coming to the States?

05-22-2003, 02:09 PM
Thx for advice, but only one book i read about oker was theory of poker /forums/images/icons/smile.gif would you advice me something else?

Stew
05-22-2003, 10:47 PM
I don't know if this means you have read Theory of Poker or not, but that is a must-read, along with Hold 'Em Poker for Advanced Players (21st Edition). If you are interested in a good primer on tournament play, then Tournament Poker for Advanced Players is an excellent book.

Ralle
05-23-2003, 10:19 AM
My favorites are Winning Low Limit Hold'em by Jones, and Hold 'em Poker by Sklansky.

Paisano
05-26-2003, 05:33 PM
"Winning Low Limit Hold'em" by Lee Jones
and "Middle Limit Holdem Poker" by Bob Ciaffone and Jim Brier.

jim grass
05-26-2003, 05:59 PM
Winning Low Limit Hold'em" by Lee Jones
and "Middle Limit Holdem Poker" by Bob Ciaffone and Jim Brier.
Holdem Poker For Advanced Players. Mason and Dave
Once you thoroughly grasp these concepts then move on the tourney book.
People dont realize that in order to succeed at tourney play at the highest levels, You must excell as an excellent ring game player.

Andy B
05-26-2003, 09:51 PM
Since you're interested in tournament play, I strongly suggest that you get Sklansky's Tournament Poker for Advanced Players. If you can afford more than two books, I'd suggest Feeney's Inside the Poker Mind and Mason's Essays books, especially Volume III. Ciaffone/Brier is worth getting, although I always offer the caveat that if you make every laydown they recommend every time against regular opponents, you are going to get run over.