PDA

View Full Version : How did my opponent do?

King_J
05-22-2003, 04:51 AM
0.5-1 1on1 online. (I play for fun, not to win $$)

Heīs holding on K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif on button (SB)
He calls. I raise with Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

Flop comes: 9 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif
I bet my opponent calls.

Turn:5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif
Bet-call
River: 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

I bet with my flush and my opponent calls.

Hand 2. Immediately after the hand above.

I raise with J /forums/images/icons/heart.gif T /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif He calls with 2 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

Flop comes: K /forums/images/icons/club.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

Check-bet-call
turn: 9 /forums/images/icons/club.gif
He checks I bet he calls
river: K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

He once again check and call.

ALl comments very welcome. BTW, I lost my cash against him... Hmmm

AJo Go All In
05-22-2003, 06:30 AM
i'll assume for the sake of argument that you're not making this up.
why'd you post this, you obviously know the guy doesn't know what he's doing, the 24o hand doesn't even make any sense, just trying to embarrass him, or are you feeling insecure about your play?

King_J
05-22-2003, 06:47 AM
I think that the "Heads-up and short-handed" topic is almost dead so I felt like posting it.

Have u ever seen a player call with first a monster and then with a hand that canīt win. I thought that players either raised with too many bad hands or called with too weak hands. Not call with flush and then high-card 4?!

Have u guys ever played heads-up and lose like a maniac like this? I actually canīt belive that I lost against him. Not that I am very good heads-up.

So, I can make one serious question. Should it be possible for a much better player to lose heads-up if we play around 20 mins online? Or do I seriously quit playing 1on1 and stick to full ring or 5 handed tables?

Thx

Ginogino
05-22-2003, 07:46 PM
King J:
Consider that he may be playing with the same motivation that you have, and calling you to the showdown may be what he considers fun. In that case, the cards he holds will provide no clue to his play.

Gino