PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol for my party tomorrow

YourFoxyGrandma
10-06-2005, 03:11 PM
Call me a loser, FMP to call me something else, whatever, but I've never hosted a party at my place before and I'm not sure what/how much stuff to get. I have about $150 to spend and am expecting 20-30 people. Here's the list:

150 Stones (Keystone Ice)
2 handles Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
24 pack Wegmans cola
2 bottles Jagermeister
12 pack Red Bull
1 bottle Smirnoff Twist (for the ladies)
6 bottles Boone's Farm Wine (assorted flavors)

Having leftovers is not a problem. Thoughts?

swede123
10-06-2005, 03:12 PM
Get more Red Bull.

Swede

kyro
10-06-2005, 03:13 PM
The wine seems out of place. Have fun.

YourFoxyGrandma
Noted. Thank you.

Yeti
Get more of everything.

samjjones
10-06-2005, 03:14 PM
More soda...24 12 oz. cans isn't really enough for two handles plus whoever might be drinking soda (although unlikely, there is usually always one or two people at any given party not drinking for one reason or another).

IndieMatty
Guy to Girl ratio?

Will there be Beer Pong?

Seems like you need a few more beers IMO. Maybe go with one bottle of Jaeger and bump up the brew.

Also buy the cola in bottles, not individual cans, add the savings to the beer.

STLantny
[ QUOTE ]
The wine seems out of place. Have fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont know many sluts than.....less redbull, or at least more vodka to mix with it.

TheMainEvent
60 more beers

samjjones
10-06-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Guy to Girl ratio?

Will there be Beer Pong?

Seems like you need a few more beers IMO. Maybe go with one bottle of Jaeger and bump up the brew.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. Just buy a couple of 3 liter bottles for like $0.99 each at your local supermarket. I'd also think one bottle of yaeger is enough; maybe you want to pick up a bottle of vodka as well.

STLantny
10-06-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
60 more beers

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, more hard liquor always make for a better party.

canis582
10-06-2005, 03:19 PM
ICE!

YourFoxyGrandma
10-06-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Guy to Girl ratio?

Will there be Beer Pong?

[/ QUOTE ]

60/40 probably, guys to girls. No pong. Alot of my friends really like Jaeger bombs, so I'd rather not skimp there. I might just throw in the extra cash for 60 more beers.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wise. Thank you.

diebitter
10-06-2005, 03:20 PM
Please make sure it's a pigtail party, take pics and put them here.
TIA

10-06-2005, 03:21 PM
150 beers for 30 people works out to 5 beers a person. You need MORE beer, and I'd add 2 more bottles of Jaeger and Capt. Morgan. In the interests of full disclosure I'm a quasi alcoholic though. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

hobbsmann
10-06-2005, 03:22 PM
why not get a keg?

STLantny
10-06-2005, 03:22 PM
I would honestly go with a keg, 70$ = 7 cases or so, plus some red bull, jaeger and cheap vodka, cheap rum, and some 2 liter bottles.

IndieMatty
10-06-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guy to Girl ratio?

Will there be Beer Pong?

[/ QUOTE ]

60/40 probably, guys to girls. No pong. Alot of my friends really like Jaeger bombs, so I'd rather not skimp there. I might just throw in the extra cash for 60 more beers.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wise. Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. Makes sense. You totally need more beers. 20 dudes drinking = at least 180-200 beers. People leave floaters.

One more question, are you going out afterwards?

And who from OOT is invited?

dcasper70
10-06-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why not get a keg?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, no kidding.
Get yourself a barrel for like $55. That's 7 cases.
What's 6 cases of 'bottled beer taste in a can' cost?

And have some of your good for nothing friends supply the soda and ice...perhaps an additional handle too...

IndieMatty
10-06-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why not get a keg?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, no kidding.
Get yourself a barrel for like $55. That's 7 cases.
What's 6 cases of 'bottled beer taste in a can' cost?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure OP is still in college, he may or may not be in a campus housing. In my school kegs were not allowed, and that was the only thing that was strictly enforced. We'd get 16oz Busch Bottles instead and spend the night breaking them throughout the dorm.

sigh...breaking bottles = fun.

asofel
[ QUOTE ]
Call me a loser, FMP to call me something else, whatever, but I've never hosted a party at my place before and I'm not sure what/how much stuff to get. I have about $150 to spend and am expecting 20-30 people. Here's the list:

200 Stones (Keystone Ice)
4 2 liters Wegmans cola
2 bottles Jagermeister
24 pack Red Bull
0 bottles Boone's Farm Wine (assorted flavors)
1 bottle BYO to cover drinkers like me

Having hangovers is the goal, not a problem. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

nyc999
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get more beer - maybe a keg and and a quarter-keg. Nothing kills a party like running out of beer. If you have 30 even moderate drinkers - you'll go through 150 cans of beer in a few hours.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just fill 6 bottles with piss - it will taste better.

YourFoxyGrandma
10-06-2005, 03:29 PM
I think the keg works out to be close to the same, $11 for 30 beers. I just didn't feel like dealing with it I guess.

No plans to go out afterwards, but not sure what's gonna happen there. And of course, all of OOT is invited. Anyone in the greater Rochester area interesting in attending, PM me for further details.

EDIT: I live in an on campus apartment. Looking it up, kegs aren't allowed. I could probably get away with it, but. Whatev.

IndieMatty
10-06-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the keg works out to be close to the same, $11 for 30 beers. I just didn't feel like dealing with it I guess.

No plans to go out afterwards, but not sure what's gonna happen there. And of course, all of OOT is invited. Anyone in the greater Rochester area interesting in attending, PM me for further details.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucas9000 will be in Rochester tomorrow.

mslif
10-06-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He has a hot date /images/graemlins/grin.gif

IndieMatty
10-06-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What better way to impress, then to bring her to this party?

mslif
10-06-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What better way to impress, then to bring her to this party?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure he would rather a one on one encounter

2+2 wannabe
10-06-2005, 03:41 PM
is anyone bringing their own stuff? if not, there's no way this'll be enough

what's with the red bull? do people actually drink it with liquor?

YourFoxyGrandma
10-06-2005, 03:43 PM
Jager bombs. Jager+Red Bull=happiness.

2+2 wannabe
10-06-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jaeger bombs. Jeager+Red Bull=happiness.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha all this time I thought a jaeger-bomb was just a fancy name for a shot of jaeger

come to think of it - why not just take shots of jaeger by itself?

10-06-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The kids love the Red Bull, they usually mix it w/ vodka or the aforementioned Jaeger bomb ( Jaeger + Red Bull). It keeps them awake and drunk longer so you can get into all sorts of druken trouble when you would have been passed out. Quite clever, actually.

2+2 wannabe
10-06-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The kids love the Red Bull, they usually mix it w/ vodka or the aforementioned Jaeger bomb ( Jaeger + Red Bull). It keeps them awake and drunk longer so you can get into all sorts of druken trouble when you would have been passed out. Quite clever, actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

what's in red bull? I've never had it.

xadrez
10-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Didnt read through the thread so apologies if somebody mentioned this but maybe some tonic, club soda, and roses lime juice. the girls will probably want something to mix the vodka with. throw in a bottle of gin too.

10-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Its an energy drink w/ loads of caffeine and herbal extracts that act as stimulants. Its basically liquid Vivarin / No-Doz. It tastes awful at first but you get used to it.

10-06-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

24 pack Wegmans cola
2 bottles Jagermeister
12 pack Red Bull

[/ QUOTE ]

Also you should go to a discount beverage center (if there are any in your area) for the beer and cola /red bull. Its cheaper than a supermarket or 7/11.

Koss
10-06-2005, 04:01 PM
What's up with the Boone's Farm haters? The stuff is cheap and the girls love it. Get more!

10-06-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
People leave floaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do people use the word "floaters" to describe half-full beers? I always preferred the term "wounded soldiers"

samjjones
10-06-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People leave floaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do people use the word "floaters" to describe half-full beers? I always preferred the term "wounded soldiers"

[/ QUOTE ]
I concur. The phrase "floater" indicates a certain type of fecal dropping to me...

IndieMatty
10-06-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People leave floaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I concur. The phrase "floater" indicates a certain type of fecal dropping to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

A wounded soldier reminds me of dead young men in camoflauge.

I'll stick with floater.

Ulysses
10-06-2005, 04:17 PM
OK. You are on a budget, so let's take that into consideration. First thing I'd do is try to get a couple of buddies to pitch in and host the party with you. And when you send out invites, you can say something like "we'll have xxx, if you want to bring something extra, that's cool."

People have already said more beer.

12 pack Red Bull - Red Bull is kinda pricey, and this is not much anyway, so just skip it.

6 bottles Boone's Farm Wine (assorted flavors) - this is a fun thing to have as like a novelty item, but not necessary and you're on a budget, so skip it.

If you were older, I'd suggest some real wine or those Smirnoff Ice/Bacardi Silver/whatever type drinks for chicks. But you are in school and on a tight budget. Chicks drink beer. Don't worry about the other stuff.

nyc999
10-06-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
6 bottles Boone's Farm Wine (assorted flavors) - this is a fun thing to have as like a novelty item, but not necessary and you're on a budget, so skip it.

If you were older, I'd suggest some real wine or those Smirnoff Ice/Bacardi Silver/whatever type drinks for chicks. But you are in school and on a tight budget. Chicks drink beer. Don't worry about the other stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another option is to make punch -- you can use cheap alcohol, it tastes good, and people get really drunk.

oddjob
10-06-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's up with the Boone's Farm haters? The stuff is cheap and the girls love it. Get more!

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. we threw a boone's party and did it like the white people's version of a rap video. instead of 40's filling the fridge, it was all boones. we also had a keg. in the morning we had 3/4 of a keg, and no boones left. the novalty of it was a giant hit, and it made for a lot of drunk girls.

NLSoldier
10-06-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chicks drink beer. Don't worry about the other stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

this may have been true when you were a youngin...but in my expereince this is very untrue. maybe its just cuz all the chicks at my school are rich and spoiled and anoerexic, but they generally refuse to drink beer.

IndieMatty
10-06-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Chicks drink beer. Don't worry about the other stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

this may have been true when you were a youngin...but in my expereince this is very untrue. maybe its just cuz all the chicks at my school are rich and spoiled and anoerexic, but they generally refuse to drink beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back in El D's time they only served whiskey at the Gem.

cookie
10-06-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

24 pack Wegmans cola
2 bottles Jagermeister
12 pack Red Bull

[/ QUOTE ]
Where is the vodka?

Ulysses
10-06-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Another option is to make punch -- you can use cheap alcohol, it tastes good, and people get really drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Punch was always our budget answer for parties, back in the olden times.

10-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Am I dating myself for suggesting Jungle Juice? I just realized this may not even be a PC drink name.

TheMainEvent
10-06-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Am I dating myself for suggesting Jungle Juice? I just realized this may not even be a PC drink name.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never thought of it that way. But it's still jungle juice as far as I've ever heard. Get some fresh citrus fruit soaking in there.

bugstud
10-06-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah some everclear, some vodka and a ton of kool-aid and you are more than set. Toss in real fruit for various ooohs and aaaahs as needed.

TheMainEvent
10-06-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Where is the vodka?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ulysses
10-06-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
all the chicks at my school are rich and spoiled and anoerexic

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Things are different at rich-kid schools.

ghostface
10-06-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People leave floaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll stick with floater.

[/ QUOTE ]

Floater makes me think there is a cigarette butt in it or something. Let's go with the real name for a half full beer.

Party foul.

nyc999
10-06-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People leave floaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll stick with floater.

[/ QUOTE ]

Floater makes me think there is a cigarette butt in it or something. Let's go with the real name for a half full beer.

Party foul.

[/ QUOTE ]

People don't use the term "bricks" anymore?

RunDownHouse
10-06-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
People don't use the term "bricks" anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]
People don't use the phrase "half-empty beer" anymore?

cookie
10-06-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Where is the vodka?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
One bottle /images/graemlins/mad.gif

And its the wrong brand. He's on a budget, get 5-10 bottles of the cheapest stuff (probably have some russian name on it /images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

Throw it all in your greatest bowls along with juice and soda like others suggested.

Dont put so much fruit in that ur r forced to get fruit in ur glass when u get some /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Aces McGee
10-06-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
agreed. we threw a boone's party and did it like the white people's version of a rap video. instead of 40's filling the fridge, it was all boones. we also had a keg. in the morning we had 3/4 of a keg, and no boones left. the novalty of it was a giant hit, and it made for a lot of drunk girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many did you drink? I had an evening in college where I tried to drink as many as I could. I made it through four pretty quickly, and the sugar was way too much for me. I was barely drunk, but I felt sick to my stomach.

-McGee

Shillx
10-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Skip all the misc. stuff and buy beer and hard alcohol in bulk.

The 150 beers will cost you ~$50 bucks.

I would suggest that you get some handles of cheap vodka and make jungle juice. It is cheap and everyone loves it. The only drawback is that it can get kinda messy. Goto Costco or Sam's Club and buy the gallon size bottles of punch for like $2 each. Then get 4 handles of $15 vodka and whatever else you want to add to the punch.

This will put you in the $120 - $130 range. Tell some buddies to pitch in whatever else you want in the punch (fruit or V8 Splash or 151 or whatever).

Brad

oddjob
10-06-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many did you drink? I had an evening in college where I tried to drink as many as I could. I made it through four pretty quickly, and the sugar was way too much for me. I was barely drunk, but I felt sick to my stomach.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

i drank a half bottle and that was about all i could take. i switched to malt liquor after that. the rest of the folk loved it though.

and on another note, at same party i was drinking my 2nd 40oz when a buddy with a boones bottle tapped my bottle causing it to foam up and spill. in my drunken intelligence, i thought, well boones is kinda carbonated and tried to do the same thing to his bottle of boones.

i did make his drink spill everywhere, but that was because i broke both bottles.

theben
10-06-2005, 05:52 PM
simplify man . . .

pick up 2 kegs and buy 2 handles of poppov

then mix poppov w/ cheap ass punch

YourFoxyGrandma
10-06-2005, 06:22 PM
The final list is as follows:

240 Stones (Keystone Ice)
4 2 liters Wegmans cola
2 bottles Jagermeister
6 cans Red Bull

I really like the punch idea, but my friends and I really love Jager, so I have to have that and both would put me over, I think. The Smirnoff and Boone's Farm are both by request, so I can't scratch those either, but they're not that much money anyway. I also decided to go BYO with the red bull because of how expensive it is. The 6 cans are for me and a few special people.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll post pics if I remember to take any.

RunDownHouse
10-06-2005, 06:34 PM
If the Keystone really is cost effective, then that's less of a hassle as far as setup goes. More cleaning on the back end, but there's also no equipment to return. I'm a huge keg proponent, but if nobody minds the Stones and the cost is about breakeven, then go with cans.

Rooster71
10-06-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

24 pack Wegmans cola
2 bottles Jagermeister
12 pack Red Bull

[/ QUOTE ]
I was going to recommend Jager, but I see you already have it listed. Your list looks good to me, except that I would have some sort of bourbon.

YourFoxyGrandma
10-08-2005, 02:05 AM
OMG WASTED!

YourFoxyGrandma
10-08-2005, 04:14 AM
Threw up alot. A shitload of beer leftover. Like, 60 cans. Also, place a mess. Overall, party=huge motherfucking success. Pics to follow.