PDA

View Full Version : Concede these overcards?

waffle
10-06-2005, 03:10 PM
Opponent is 61/4/1.5.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.75 BB

Floaters upset me and I realize this kind of guy can have quite a large range after his preflop and flop calls. And sometimes they'll bet this turn with anything. However, in this hand it seems like I'm either behind or just barely ahead with not much of an edge.

To take advantage of these floaters I screwplay liberally with good hands. Sorry for the boring questions but I like to review everything..

kross
10-06-2005, 03:16 PM
Normally, in heads up spots like this, I'll fire again on the turn. This may be a leak in my game...

waffle
10-06-2005, 03:19 PM
I do sometimes, but I just didn't like this board for it.

Nick C
10-06-2005, 03:32 PM
The board is a pretty crappy one for your hand. And if Villain will call with a gutshot, and I'd imagine he will, then there just isn't much of anything he'll fold on the turn, is there?

Sometimes I get stubborn against LAGs like your Villain and bet the turn and then check-call the river unimproved, but I'm thinking the board in this hand is not really an ideal one for that line.

One thing to consider, since you don't seem to have much folding equity on the turn, is check-calling. I don't think I'd do it unless I planned to see a showdown on most river cards, though.

Anyway, your play in the hand seems all right to me.

jskills
10-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Very tough spot.

I usually take one of two lines with overcards OOP HU (or maybe vs two opponents).

1) Bet the flop and turn and check/call the river.
2) Bet the flop and check / fold the turn.

It depends on the opponent(s) and the board. With this board your line seems good to me. Sure, he could have simply bet only because you checked on the turn, but you'd be spending two more BB to have a small chance to win a pretty small pot.

NH.

callmedonnie
10-06-2005, 07:25 PM
Bet the turn, fold to a raise.

10-06-2005, 07:48 PM
Fire again on turn, fold to a raise, silently weep when he shows Q2 soooted.