PDA

View Full Version : Why does every site have no action at Omaha high?

lefty rosen
05-22-2003, 02:01 AM
This game is holdem with 4 cards except you have to use 2 you would think at least at a the micro levels sites would have heavy action, because of the many outs, but usually one table at best is going at a site and its always 50/1.....

chaos
05-22-2003, 08:51 AM
Omaha high was the game of the future.
I guess that future has now passed.

The problem with Omaha high only and a few other games is that a novice player does not stand much of a chance against a solid player. Thus there is little chance that they will win and little incentive for them to try the game again.

lefty rosen
05-22-2003, 01:43 PM
yeah I know that's why I love it....... Pound those 16 outers ......

nicky g
05-23-2003, 11:23 AM
There's usually a fair bit of Pot Limit Omaha High eg at UB and pokerstars. Limit Omaha high as always seemed an absurd game to me - there are so many draws and it's impossible to get anyone out. THe swings must be horrible. PLO is great and gives good players a huge edge while appearing to offer a lot of gamble and action to bad ones.

Lunamondo
05-26-2003, 01:21 PM
Limit Omaha. Why there is no action? Why don't ordinary people play it? Maybe it looks too complex to them, maybe there would be games going if there would be other than zero etc. players sitting at them.

My first preference after I passed the looser limit holdem games was to regularly get looser limit holdem games at 2-4 and above also. That is possible with some structure change, or 0.25-0.50 no-limit holdem; or limit omaha.

One of the problems with limit omaha is that the flop bet is too small, the other problem are the morons that cost a lot of money to decent to good players at omaha (both), and additionally omaha because of that fits well to collusion. There are less subtle moves that can be made at omaha, much because of the bigger pots and some moronic opponents. The only major advantage one migh have because of all the above is the better starting cards one plays; not sure weather it beats more than the rake even though some seem to think omaha kills the worse players faster (then it would make limit omaha a better choise than limit holdem). Even though I would prefer looser preflop action, and having strong hands on the flop vs. loose opponents, there are also all those problems.

Carl_William
05-26-2003, 06:09 PM
Lefty

You said it all in a nutshell. The game (Omaha Hi) gets so screwed down tight -- soon there is no action. The foxes eat all the rabbits up in a hurry....