PDA

View Full Version : Mike Sexton from Party calling...

pokerstudAA
10-06-2005, 02:08 PM
I just got a phone call from Mike Sexton - telling me there was a special party poker offer waiting for me in my email. A very special offer. Play at Party Poker online!

It was a recording. Anyone else get this call? I am assuming email was the 11K points -> $655$ deal.

dibbs
10-06-2005, 02:11 PM
There's a thread in bonuses about it, apparently a few people have gotten it.

I don't care for the idea of party leaving me messages fwiw.

phillydilly
10-06-2005, 02:59 PM
i also got the call

MicroBob
10-06-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't care for the idea of party leaving me messages

[/ QUOTE ]

wateronrock
10-06-2005, 03:32 PM
They woke me up this morning.

They phoned FOUR times!?!?! I kept hearing the ringer and finally thought it must be an emergency.

Great idea guys /images/graemlins/smirk.gif .

KingMedicine
10-06-2005, 03:44 PM
yea, that mother-f'r called my house at 7 freakin am.
SEVEN AM.

wtf? the recording says they sent me an email.
they didnt. (but i know its about the points offer b/c i see it when i log onto the client).

random
10-06-2005, 04:50 PM
For some reason the caller ID number was 0000000000. Those guys are slick. I thought it was T-Mobile leaving me a message, so I didn't answer. Whenever I checked my messages in class, I was surprised to hear good ol' Mike on the line. I thought it was hilarious and almost started laughing out loud.

10-06-2005, 05:43 PM
Is it even worthwhile to earn 3660 points for $325?

MicroBob
10-06-2005, 05:55 PM
only if you were going to be playing there anyway.

my bonus is 2895 points for $110.

If I get close to this via my normal play there (via satellites and other tourneys and maybe some occasional raked-hands) then I'll be a bit more likely to perhaps go out of my way to finish it off.

If I'm not even close then I'm not going to do anything extra to get it.
If I don't get this bonus I'm not going to cry about it.

toss
10-06-2005, 06:37 PM
So thats what the hell that was.

Shoe
10-06-2005, 07:16 PM
They called me about every 15-20 minutes while i was at work today. The number on caller id was 0000000000, and they would not leave a message. I didn't answer it because i don't pick up numbers i don't know, and usually don't answer my phone at work. However, after being called non stop for about 3 hours straight, i picked it up to hear Mike sexton's lovely voice informining of the crappy bonus i already found i had waiting for me the night before. This was absolutely ridiculous.

If i don't answer my phone, maybe try back in the evening, but repeeating every 10 - 30 minutes at random? I hope they never call me again with a damn promotion, email away but don't freaking call me unless it's a security issue.

SoftcoreRevolt
10-06-2005, 07:35 PM
What the hell, you dance with the man on the cruise and now you are avoiding his phone calls? Did he not give you a reach around or something?

10-06-2005, 07:35 PM
I sent them an email about how irritating this was.

Then I called them to tell them that I sent them an email.

MSUcougar
10-06-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They called me about every 15-20 minutes while i was at work today. The number on caller id was 0000000000, and they would not leave a message. I didn't answer it because i don't pick up numbers i don't know, and usually don't answer my phone at work. However, after being called non stop for about 3 hours straight, i picked it up to hear Mike sexton's lovely voice informining of the crappy bonus i already found i had waiting for me the night before. This was absolutely ridiculous.

If i don't answer my phone, maybe try back in the evening, but repeeating every 10 - 30 minutes at random? I hope they never call me again with a damn promotion, email away but don't freaking call me unless it's a security issue.

[/ QUOTE ]
same here... very annoyed... it rang twice while I was in a meeting and didnt leave a message so I thought it was something important... when they called a 3rd time I interrupted the meeting to take the call.

I don't need a phone call to remind me that I got an email /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Jimbo
10-06-2005, 09:00 PM
I got the call too but it was no real bother. The interesting part is that they obscured their tel # from caller ID. I understand that PP is not subject to the US telemarketing laws but Mike Sexton might not be too happy to find he was a part of an illegal telemarketing call.

Just thinking out loud, next time I run into to him at a tourney I think I'll mention this to him. I would be interested to hear from anyone who knows him well enough to querry him on this subject in person, it might be several months before I run into him.

10-06-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I get close to this via my normal play there (via satellites and other tourneys and maybe some occasional raked-hands) then I'll be a bit more likely to perhaps go out of my way to finish it off.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that's the whole idea behind this. They're not trying to give you incentive to bonus whore, they're just trying to give you something extra for your "regular" play.

Recliner
10-07-2005, 12:34 AM
Hm... regular play huh? I got an offer for $250 for 3100 points, so that if I play NL it works out to be a 62x bonus. WOW THANKS PARTY! I thought the multi bonuses were bad.

I'm assuming that party is trying to lose as many players as fast as possible?

newhizzle
10-07-2005, 12:35 AM
yeah, he left me a message, i dont think i gave them my cell phone number, but i guess i did

Benholio
10-07-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I got the call too but it was no real bother. The interesting part is that they obscured their tel # from caller ID. I understand that PP is not subject to the US telemarketing laws but Mike Sexton might not be too happy to find he was a part of an illegal telemarketing call.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have an existing business relationship with a company, they are allowed to call you.

Having said that, this is damn annoying. Making one call, ok, thats pretty standard. I had 7 missed calls while I was sleeping from the same number. What kind of rediculous marketing crap is this? Don't they realize what kind of response they are going to get if they call over and over?

jonoo
10-07-2005, 01:02 AM
mine was only 545 for $40 and that bastard called me 4 times

Bigdaddydvo
10-07-2005, 01:38 AM
If disappointed with Mike Sexton's call, please send one dollar to:

"Happy Dude
742 Evergreen Terrace,
Springfield, XX 12345"

10-07-2005, 01:50 AM
I did'nt get it but I just cashed out and deleted Party.

In the "Why are you leaving Party" box; I typed " I have been insulted by a Dikshit". Refering to the $45 bonus offer I got.

i hope PP stock tanks. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

TheNoodleMan
10-07-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If disappointed with Mike Sexton's call, please send one dollar to:

"Happy Dude
742 Evergreen Terrace,
Springfield, XX 12345"

[/ QUOTE ]
nh, sorry guy. or in Party's care Sari guy.

Pokeraddict
10-07-2005, 03:31 AM
i hope PP stock tanks.

It has been for weeks.

SwordFish
10-07-2005, 05:18 AM
I sent Party the following email because I was annoyed when Mike Sexton's voice on my answering machine woke me up:

[ QUOTE ]
Customer Service -

Today I received a phone call with a recorded
message from Mike Sexton. The message told me that
your site sent me an email.

I have no problem with you sending emails.
However, they do not need to be followed up with a
phone call.
I also do not appreciate poker related messages being
left on my answering machine.

In the future please do not make telemarketing
calls to me or leave messages on my answering machine.
I provided my telephone number to you for Account
Security purposes. This is the only reason you should
be calling me.

XXXXXXX

[/ QUOTE ]

__________________________________________________ _________

They responded in 18 minutes:

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Player,

Thank you for contacting us.

We apologize for any inconvenience that was caused. We have made a note
of your request. No further promotional calls will be made to you.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any
individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to
your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone
requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Bhavani
Poker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

Impressive

SF

10-07-2005, 09:04 AM
On my cell phone caller ID, the number came up as 000-000-0000

Jimbo
10-07-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you have an existing business relationship with a company, they are allowed to call you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know just enough to be dangerous. Yes they are allowed to call but they are not allowed to block caller ID.

10-08-2005, 03:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming that party is trying to lose as many players as fast as possible?

[/ QUOTE ]
They could probably lose the entire membership of 2+2 and it would have next to zero impact on their numbers.

99% of the Party customer base has no idea how many times the dollar amount in raked hands makes a good bonus. They see "bonus" and think "alright." "Affiliate" is not in their vocabulary. Most of them saw a funny ad on TV and went to the website.

People in online forums tend to view themselves as representing the millions, when over and over it's generally proven that they don't.

10-08-2005, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You know just enough to be dangerous and so do I. Yes they are allowed to call but they are not allowed to block caller ID.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP.

Caller ID sometimes won't work for overseas calls. Where's Party located again...?

Jimbo
10-08-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You know just enough to be dangerous and so do I. Yes they are allowed to call but they are not allowed to block caller ID.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP.

Caller ID sometimes won't work for overseas calls. Where's Party located again...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes? Sometimes?? Is that like ocassionally? Rarely? Once in awhile? Almost never? Hardly ever?

Seems to me every single person who was called got all 0's. Does this sound like sometimes to you?

At any rate you are so focused on being stupid you insist on being wrong as well. It doesn't matter insofar as Mike Sexton is involved. He, via a recording, placed a call to US customers with no caller ID code. Pretty simple to understand for most of us. This is in direct violation of the TCPA.

In addition to this violation the fact that it was made using an automated telephone dialing system to any cellphone where the receiving party incurs any charge is another violation. Even when the automated system is used properly and with your prior consent the message must state clearly the telephone number (other than that of the autodialer or prerecorded message player which placed the call) or address of such business, other entity, or individual.

So you should have gracefully accepted my correction and quit while your were only partially behind. Players like you always like to chase to the river so there may be no hope for you. Care to rebuy?