PDA

View Full Version : who's laughing now

10-06-2005, 01:49 PM
was in a hand with mid suited connector, flop got checked through, and turn hit my connector. Jerk bet, I raised another guy called, Jerk folded and caller and I check the river. I win and jerk starts abusing me in the chat box about raising a low pair (lower than the pair he had) and what a fat fish I was.
I tuned him 'who won the pot fool?'
That shut him up.
I played nice and tight for a while after that and he called me every time, lovely!
Feels so good to put idiots like that in their place /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheBlueMonster
10-06-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Feels so good to put idiots like that in their place /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
It does. Now don't post this kind of crap. No one cares.

10-06-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

easy now, thought it might prompt a bit of conversation on how you guys deal with assholes you meet online. Posting doesn't have to be all serious does it???

TheBlueMonster
10-06-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

easy now, thought it might prompt a bit of conversation on how you guys deal with assholes you meet online. Posting doesn't have to be all serious does it???

[/ QUOTE ]
posts don't have to be serious, but this kind of post adds nothing constructive. It's about the same as a bad beat post. (and if you find nothing wrong with a bad beat post then you have no future here...)

Guthrie
10-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Feels much better to just say nothing while taking their money. It's actually probably more +EV since ignoring them may make them tilt even more resulting in even looser play.

Justin A
10-06-2005, 02:21 PM
I give this thread 1 star.

Cancuk
10-06-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if it's out of 5, i agree. But, if it's out of 4...i'm going to have to go with 1/2 star.

Klepton
10-06-2005, 03:05 PM
at what point was the villain laughing?

DeadMoneyOC
10-06-2005, 03:12 PM
Im LAUGHING!!!!WBABBABSBABBBWBAWBABABABWBWBWBWBWBWBWA BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

10-06-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh dear, crashed and burned /images/graemlins/blush.gif
/retreats and licks wounds

10-06-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
easy now, thought it might prompt a bit of conversation on how you guys deal with assholes you meet online.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, but only in the ironic sense.

10-06-2005, 04:47 PM
No, if you were doing that you would have asked a question. Now you're just trying to justify the dumb post to begin with. It's right up there with the guy who chats, "I folded 63o" right after a hand closes where the flop came 633.

Post something useful.

10-06-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im LAUGHING!!!!WBABBABSBABBBWBAWBABABABWBWBWBWBWBWBWA BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

[/ QUOTE ]

How is that laughing? I tried to make the sound and it came out nothing like laughter. A different bodily expulsion, perhaps.

MicroBob
10-06-2005, 05:38 PM
Instead of trying to put them in their place you could try saying either:
"raising is fun. that's why I did it."
or "I like tacos."

Either that...or just stay silent and take their money.

I don't like the whole "I won the pot BEEEEEE-ATTTTTCHHHH!!" revenge bit.
Although I do admit to the occasional "Wow. Tilt much??" response to bad-beat whiners who call me (or someone else at the table) the worse player ever.

cookie
10-06-2005, 05:48 PM
Turn off chat.

So easy it is

10-06-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Instead of trying to put them in their place you could try saying either:
"raising is fun. that's why I did it."
or "I like tacos."

Either that...or just stay silent and take their money.

Although I do admit to the occasional "Wow. Tilt much??" response to bad-beat whiners who call me (or someone else at the table) the worse player ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

fantastic response, thank you!

you just made me realise a major fault of mine which is to get too defensive against whiners, putting me on tilt in some way. I must work on this. Turning off the chat box as another post suggested seems like a very easy first step.

autobet
10-06-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"I like tacos."

[/ QUOTE ]
Bob does like his Tacos.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, but the other guy started the trash...

He could say something like, "I'm playing my boyfriends account, first time."

10-06-2005, 06:36 PM
http://moddb.com/images/cache/members/55/55877/thumb_profile.jpg