PDA

View Full Version : (LC) Trip report: The Orleans with Microbet

Slim Pickens
10-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Trip report: Orleans Sit-n-go

Jay (Microbet) was in town so we took a little poker trip down to the Orleans to play some 2/4 limit along with micro-limit poster Tyler (tyler_cracker). There was a notepad with “Sit-n-go” written on it. Sold. $65 buy-in gets you 600 chips, payout 345/185. Micro and I sit down, chat a while, and wait for the game to start. Tyler plays 2/4 all night, confounding his opponents with such brilliant strategies as betting flopped quad jacks. (Best quote ever after everyone folds to his turn bet: Table coach in seat 2 asks, "Did you check at all during that hand?" Tyler: "No. Why would I do that?" TC: "Because you had the nuts!") The game starts with Microbet to my right and the blinds at 15/25, going up every ten minutes. Very little happens early as neither one of us picks up a hand. Mircobet uses the term “Lorinda Move” after someone pushes QQ for 20BB and gets called by Ax. With the blinds up to 100/200, I’m left with another 150 after posting. One bad player limps from EP, big guy 2 to my right raises, Microbet pushes, I look down at KQ and call getting 7:1. The limper folds. Big guy has aces, Micro AJ. Somehow, a king flops and a queen rivers. Micro gets busted and I quadruple up. There is no justice. After that, my trash pushes get called and my solid ones don’t, but I suck out with T5 against A7(7?). HU I play the big guy. With 3000 stacks and 200/400 blinds, he minraises, I go all-in with A6s, he calls with 44. I win the race. He has me slightly covered, but I win the second forced all-in and take first.

2nd round: Well, I won the first one… eh… after a trip to the bathroom where from in the stall I hear the big dude tell his friend all about how unlucky he was, I decide it would be stupid of me not to keep playing. He was right, and I was calculating my odds of getting rolled on my back to the poker room. Fortunately, I don’t. This game picks up right away. Jay is on my left this time.

Early round hands:
My BB special 2-pair (84o) goes bad after a T84 all-club flop gets a caller to my pot bet, turn 7o, my donk bet of 100 gets called, river is a 9o and I check-fold to the all-in. Guy claims to have flopped a flush. Lucky me. Later, I limp with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3 to the flop. Flop: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif3o SB checks, BB checks, I check. Turn is the 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Gin. SB bets 50 into a 75 pot. I push for 300 more. He folds. (I should have raised less… guess he wasn’t as stupid as I thought).

Late round hands: With blinds up to 50/100, I push with 99 to take the blinds. Jay busts out pushing T8 into 77. He played a few interesting hands early on too that I can’t quite remember, involving JJ and AK. Just as he’s standing up, I’m on the BB looking at aces. Someone goes all-in in front of me. I double up. Two hands later, I pick up AKs on the button, open raise to 300, BB pushes, I call. He tables A5. We flop the ace, he turns his crap kicker, river pairs the board. My king plays. After sucking out with A6 against the BB’s QQ, it was pushin’ time. He spite-called off the rest of his chips with JT against my Kx.

Three-handed: I’m up against a good player to my right and a terrible old lady to my left. Things go very well as the old lady beats the guy’s JJ with Kx. He then folds his BB and SB and is left under 1 BB. I push on the lady’s BB hoping she has some concept of the bubble now that I have her covered about 2:1. She doesn’t but folds anyway. The guy busts out on the next hand.

HU: Joke. We exchange blinds a few times. She completes. I push my A8. She calls with 63s. Well, it was suited I guess. My ace holds up. Victory is mine. Again.

In conclusion, here is a picture of a rabbit with $700 on his head.
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/5774/highroller3sm1hi.jpg

The Yugoslavian
10-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Nicely done!

Are STTs something the Orleans does normally? The times I've been there only cash games are being played or MTTS.

Yugoslav

psyduck
10-06-2005, 01:40 PM
lol that image at the end is just so random, had me cracking up

1C5
10-06-2005, 02:26 PM
hahahah

I love it.

Congrats.

downtown
10-06-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She calls with 63s.

[/ QUOTE ]

The old lady spite call... the most dangerous move in poker.

Thanks for the good post, very enjoyable.

Slim Pickens
10-06-2005, 04:21 PM
The floor guy said they offer them anytime 10 people want to play, but they usually run only at night since the cranky old people just play 2/4. The MTT final table was going on with some drunk fat white kid yelling and punctuating his statements with "baby."

SCfuji
10-06-2005, 04:27 PM
that is the pimpest rabbit hahaha.