PDA

View Full Version : Good christ, squeeze out some value already

Acesover8s
10-06-2005, 01:01 PM
1-2 PLO, I fold rags in EP. 3 limpers and both blinds come.

Flop comes 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

check check check check check

Turn comes J /images/graemlins/club.gif making a flush possible

River comes 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB (a significant winner in the game) shows J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

If you guys are playing hands this way you're throwing lots and lots of money away.

PokerGoblin
10-06-2005, 01:09 PM
Was this Monday night?

If so the BB must have been CN?

All I have to say is that everything CN knows about PLO he learned from you...and Tom McEvoy.

PG

Acesover8s
10-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Online game. CN bets and calls 3 raises there.

autobet
10-06-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BB (a significant winner in the game) shows J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder how this guy gets any action...

Acesover8s
10-06-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Was this Monday night?

If so the BB must have been CN?

All I have to say is that everything CN knows about PLO he learned from you...and Tom McEvoy.

PG

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that explains why he's better at it than you. Everything you learned about PLO came from just me and no McEvoy. . .

dibbs
10-06-2005, 02:10 PM
How many of you bet the turn, and how many wait til the river?

If he's a significant winner though, that gives me hope /images/graemlins/wink.gif

PokerGoblin
10-06-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, that explains why he's better at it than you. Everything you learned about PLO came from just me and no McEvoy. . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Not just you. Phil Hellmuth got my winning ways on track with his masterpiece, 'Fold Almost Every Hand You're Dealt Like Some Pros, Even Aces Sometimes". Maybe if you'd read his book before the series...

Acesover8s
10-06-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Not just you. Phil Hellmuth got my winning ways on track with his masterpiece, 'Fold Almost Every Hand You're Dealt Like Some Pros, Even Aces Sometimes". Maybe if you'd read his book before the series...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch, that was low. . .

Luckily, it didn't hurt that much to lose the 1500$ buyin since you bought my way in. . . Maybe not directly, but. . .

The grudge match continues tonight. Shall we see who can pull off the bigger bluff on the turn in PLO, or who can play 24o better in holdem?

PokerGoblin
10-06-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Luckily, it didn't hurt that much to lose the 1500$ buyin since you bought my way in. . .

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes me feel good to know that everything you've taken off me over the past 18 months has culminated into nothing more than a shitty Phil Hellmuth story. Hey, maybe his next book will be about good beat stories and he'll write about how he busted you.

[ QUOTE ]
The grudge match continues tonight. Shall we see who can pull off the bigger bluff on the turn in PLO, or who can play 24o better in holdem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well we'll have plenty of time to do so, cause I am pretty sure we'll both be amongst the first ones out of the tournament...

10-07-2005, 05:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you guys are playing hands this way you're throwing lots and lots of money away.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, I had a similar hand a couple days ago, except I was UTG and had the Qh Jh when the flop came Ahxhx. Most of the stacks were deep (100-300 BB) and pre-flop was very loose and passive.

It was checked around after the flop and a heart came on the turn. I bet a half pot and got 2 callers. River was a rag and so I bet the same amount again (only now it was about 1/5 the pot). Player to my left triples my bet and the button pots it. Naturally, I fold (i assume this is an obvious fold) but the raiser calls all-in (about 75% of the re-raise though). Button had Kx, donk had 9x.

By the way, who calls the raiser here if the button folds/calls?