PDA

View Full Version : a favour (boring)

10-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Ive been a long term lurker on these forums , and im sorry that my first post is to ask a favour. I need a helpful and reliable person to transfer me some money to neteller. Obviously i will pay you first on the party or crypto networks. We can also agree a fee for your inconvience.

ps - pretty please.

10-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Anyone willing to help or offer suggestions? Need money on neteller today, but the only card they accept is visa!

Tk79
10-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Im thinking just draw money out of your party account to neteller?? Noone here is going to fall for this.

illogical
10-06-2005, 12:16 PM
Is this a scam? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

10-06-2005, 12:25 PM
No it wasn't a scam and there was nothing to fall for. I am new to neteller and overlooked the obvious solution, didnt realise you could withdraw to neteller if you never used it to deposit. Don't get too paranoid on me guys.

10-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Sorry guys lol. Ive cashed out from my dads empire account to my neteller account. Is this going to be a problem? I need more sleep.

Hornacek
10-06-2005, 12:35 PM
Your dad's? LOL how old are you

10-06-2005, 12:36 PM

Hornacek
10-06-2005, 12:38 PM
why not get your own acct?

10-06-2005, 12:44 PM
That is the original reason for the post. Thanks for making this a welcoming and constructive forum though.

Hornacek
10-06-2005, 12:56 PM
prob the best you'll get after your seemingly scam-like original post.

if you had seemed more legitimate and explained your situation, people would have been more welcoming.

we have nothing against you at all, its just that seemingly every day we are bombarded with scam artists that are trying to make a quick buck.

10-06-2005, 01:05 PM
How would that scam have worked exactly? I wasnt aware that you could withdraw money using neteller if you hadnt used it to deposit. Someone posted the other day on here about the increasing negativity and i can see why.

How Old Are You???

Hornacek
10-06-2005, 01:08 PM
It happens a lot that people make posts that sound like this:

"I want $X dollars in PokerStars, willing to give $X+fee in Party Poker".

Once the money is sent first into PokerStars, the original poster never transfers the PP cash, and runs off with it. Its usually a small amount, like $20 or $30, but still quite scammy. Thus the apprehension with your vague post.

And FYI, I'm 22.

No worries, good luck playing!

10-06-2005, 01:13 PM
It has happened to me twice for larger amounts than that which is why in my first post i said..

" Obviously i will pay you first on the party or crypto networks. We can also agree a fee for your inconvience."

Lets work together baby.

pudley4
10-06-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It has happened to me twice for larger amounts than that which is why in my first post i said..

" Obviously i will pay you first on the party or crypto networks. We can also agree a fee for your inconvience."

Lets work together baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another way the scam works is that you deposit money on Party using a stolen credit card. Then you transfer to an unsuspecting player who then transfers to you using Neteller.

So getting the money first doesn't completely protect against fraud either.