PDA

View Full Version : Why hasn't 2+2 written the definitive PLOH book?

jj_frap
10-06-2005, 11:36 AM
We're waiting... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Acesover8s
10-06-2005, 11:54 AM
Wouldn't you think they would write the definitive NLHE book first?

kurto
10-06-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't you think they would write the definitive NLHE book first?

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil Hellmuth did!

Just kidding. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif (If you haven't read it, don't bother.)

I don't think many people who write NLTH books are adding much to the field. If you read TOP/Supersytem (if only to understand aggression) and Harrington's 2 volumes on tourney play.... you've pretty well covered for NLTH.

Unfortunately, I can't name three books that teach you the ins and outs of Omaha as well.

There's definitely room for someone to write a better book on Omaha.

Filip
10-06-2005, 12:47 PM
I pray that noone will ever write a good PLO book.

mshalen
10-06-2005, 01:29 PM
About two weeks ago Mason, in replying to the same posted question, said he has no plans to publish any books on PLO.

jj_frap
10-06-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
About two weeks ago Mason, in replying to the same posted question, said he has no plans to publish any books on PLO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? It's getting popular...At the $0.1 - $0.25 stakes, there's normally between 7 and 11 games, and even the formerly dead $0.25 - $0.50 level is finally getting some action.

It wasn't THAT popular this summer when I started playing it.

I just wish 2+2 would use the most prolific PLOH cash player of the decade (Slotboom) to write a book on Omaha, rather than on LHE (although I know he's among the best in the world at middle LHE as well.).

10-06-2005, 03:57 PM
I'm not qualified to judge who the best is but I like Rolf very much too -- strong, very nice and humble. I already asked him several times if he would write a PLO book, he said he had no plan to do so, mainly b/c "he wants the book to sell well" -- so he said....

FRC

Big Dave D
10-06-2005, 07:06 PM
From what I know from what Rolf writes, and more importantly what the people who played him in Amsterdam said about how he played, the number of people who could play a Rolf S way and win would be very very small. This isn't disrespectful, before you start, as most of them said nice things about him /images/graemlins/smile.gif

How much do you expect to get out of a book anyway?

gl

dd

StLouisMike
10-07-2005, 01:57 AM
It seems that the 2+2 crew does not care for PL/NL poker very much. Anyone know why this is? I know in "Poker Essays" Mason had a few articles of why FL was a harder game to play and one or two articles showing his dislike of omaha poker (although im almost certain it was limit omaha).

Mike

mshalen
10-07-2005, 08:56 AM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3527781&page=4&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1

FYI Here is Mason's post.

Lafortezza
10-07-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I pray that noone will ever write a good PLO book.

[/ QUOTE ]Seconded. It would be a terrible thing to happen. The fact that it would increase the numbers playing PL Omaha is the only good thing.