PDA

View Full Version : JJ - what's your action?

Roy6
10-06-2005, 11:32 AM
Button is maniac, the other villain is 46/15/1.14

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16.33 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (9.66 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ???

Jgents
10-06-2005, 12:22 PM
I don't like just calling here with a maniac behind that could get trigger happy if you show weakness and I don't like folding what could possibly still be the best hand and/or still be drawing live. Nevertheless, I think raising is disastrous here and calling is the better play. Maniac hasn't shown signs of anything and he would be hard press to bluff raise into 2 people.

Wait, so I don't believe BB's donk bet? Here's what I think. He's weak rather than strong becauseI find it incredibly stupid for BB to be betting out a straight, set, King, two pair like that--in other words, hands that beat yours--after that much action before hand when a c/r would work here pefectly. I've seen stranger bets though at these low limits, like donk-betting when you pair up bottom pair. Sorry in advance if I dont make any sense...must get some sleep.

jph0424
10-06-2005, 12:25 PM
I raise here and fold to a 3 bet. If my raise is called and button folds, I probably check behind on river unimproved. I do not want to let button see the river and if we are behind we are paying 2 bets to call down anyway. I think it is pretty close though between raising and calling down.