PDA

View Full Version : [$33 party] AQs, folded weakly?

10-06-2005, 11:21 AM
http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=142198

I just really didnt feel as if i was ahead there. Can I afford to fold at this moment or is this just weak?

10-06-2005, 11:26 AM
Usually I push this preflop, is this way off? I just hate to face your decision.

1C5
10-06-2005, 11:37 AM
That is a bad PF push with 25/50 blinds.

With 50/100 blinds, the PF push is fine.

OP, I fold this also usually depending on my read.

10-06-2005, 12:12 PM
Hey Lastas,
We used to play on stars quite a bit together. Good to see u posting on here. A couple things. I didnt even look at the hand to be honest, but I try not to overthink when i'm playing donkeys at low level sitngos. And u should be beating the shi.t out of these games. Your a good player these games should be pretty easy for u.
Also i think the 55's are a lot better because u get 1000 chips, and they're still super easy. Good luck

10-06-2005, 12:28 PM
Interesting hand and a dangerous situation.

I don't think the blinds are big enough to justify a push. You gain 75 chips on a push, but your opponent's calling ranges don't justify the move. In this situation, I like the 3x bb raise since it doesn't commit you and your position is early enough where anyone playing back at you has to have a serious hand.

That being said, when your opponent reraises half his stack, he likely has a hand which beats AQs. Most opponents push AK and call with weaker Aces. I think we're looking at a pair here, 88-AA. Calling the raise committs too much of your stack. A push will get called. So, the questions then becomes, "Can I afford to fold against his range at this point in the tournament?"

Looking down the table, I think you can. The big stacks are behind you and the small and medium stacks are in front. In the coming rounds, you will still have fold equity against them and will be able to maintain your stack and have a good shot at doubling up.

I think a fold here is good.