PDA

View Full Version : Zoo/VP

sdplayerb
05-21-2003, 11:04 PM
we be doin the surrounding now.

of course i needed my 88 to crack AA..next hand AA, i took out 2.

we have three of the final 4

RiverMel
05-21-2003, 11:28 PM
They may not have great software, but it was a classy move to add the remaining of the $100 that wasn't going towards bounties ($1 per head, only 36 entrants, so $64 was left over and added to the prize pool). I got an extra $6.40 for my 4th place finish. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

lorinda
05-21-2003, 11:48 PM
Well played guys /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Not sure if we won or not, but great performances down the field, Mike's limp was something else for an extra 8 places or so, and sd was very short too.

Well done everyone (and i hope you've taken the pressure off us for sunday)

Lori

sdplayerb
05-22-2003, 01:09 AM
thanks..but i got lucky. my 88 utg cracked AA.

of course i lost set over set early.

rollaj also came from way back.

RollaJ
05-22-2003, 07:58 AM
Ya I was doing well in the beginning, then I couldnt catch any cards for about 3 rounds and happily they started coming again later in the tourney. That and a couple of suck-outs made for a happy ending, and Ron knows about happy endings /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

RollaJ
05-22-2003, 08:08 AM
The hosts at the site were very nice, and helpfull when needed. Of course our tourney was pretty much the only thing going on last night. Although the software was a little rough around the edges, they did have a couple of features I liked:
Bounties (never played in a bounty tourney before)
The lounge, which gave players there a chance to chat live
The little smileys were fun

The only problem is I now have $306 on a site that hardly gets any games going, maybe mid-day on the weekends they'll have games. I feel bad just withdrawing it all after they were so nice and added a lot of money to the tourney

XlgJoe
05-22-2003, 08:23 AM
Congrats RollaJ, very good tourny. If you have any problems with the money you can transfer it to me. I'll take care of it for you. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

RollaJ
05-22-2003, 08:58 AM
Ty, and Ill consider the offer

BBill
05-22-2003, 09:12 AM
Congrats RollaJ – I just saw that you won the PL Tourney !!

I'm reading both websites in an effort to piece together all the vp/zoo revel that occured while I was toiling away in the drudgery of employment all night and the night before /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
So I've missed 2 tourneys /forums/images/icons/frown.gif But I ain't gonna miss Saturday !!

bbill

RiverMel
05-22-2003, 09:14 AM
The only problem is I now have $306 on a site that hardly gets any games going, maybe mid-day on the weekends they'll have games. I feel bad just withdrawing it all after they were so nice and added a lot of money to the tourney

Yeah, I had the same feelings. The thing is though, I really never would be able to use the money. Those small buy-in tournies they have are great, and I wish I knew about them a couple of years ago, but at this point they just are way too small to be of interest to me. On a side note, I must say something about their software would make me feel somewhat uncomfortable about playing higher limits there anyway--it kind of feels like a toy that might 'break.' Also, the blinds progress way too quickly and they don't give players nearly enough time to think / warning before folding their hand. So, yeah, I already made my withdrawal request.

RollaJ
05-22-2003, 10:26 AM
I thought VP was another forum somewhere, yet I cant find it via google. Is there a VP site like this, or am I way off? When people say they read about the tourney at VP, where are they reading?

XlgJoe
05-22-2003, 10:32 AM
It is another forum/group. Here is the address

http://victorypoker.com/

It may also be linked on the dynamite home page.

RollaJ
05-22-2003, 10:38 AM
lol, i thought it was victorias poker.....that was just a gaming site

thx for the info