PDA

View Full Version : AA how's my line (600NL 6 max)

Salerosa
10-06-2005, 10:04 AM
MP1 opens for 30, I call on the CO with AA, SB calls also. This raise from MP1 is most likely two broadway cards, SB call means any two pretty much. SB is too loose but pretty solid post flop minus some apparent brain farts he has where he makes dumb plays. MP1 is not good (can't get away from top pair barring very big bets). I have 900, MP covers, SB has about 650.

Flop(90) J 5 6 two clubs

MP leads for 50, I make it 150, SB folds, MP calls.

Turn:(390) 5o

MP checks I bet 150, he calls.

River:(690)5c

He checks, I push.

River plays itself, I think, up to that point how's my play?

vanHelsing
10-06-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
MP1 opens for 30, I call on the CO with AA

[/ QUOTE ]
why?

phil_ivey_fan
10-06-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MP1 opens for 30, I call on the CO with AA

[/ QUOTE ]
why?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, are you just mixing it up? Is the table fairly passive as far as 3 betting preflop?

Salerosa
10-06-2005, 10:25 AM
I feel MP1 does not hold a PP, and will fold his two broadway cards to my reraise (as he has done twice before). So basically to disguise my hand. I am also very confident I can outplay him post flop esp with position.

Salerosa
10-06-2005, 10:27 AM
Si

vanHelsing
10-06-2005, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel MP1 does not hold a PP, and will fold his two broadway cards to my reraise (as he has done twice before).

[/ QUOTE ]
I would adjust and reraise him more frequently, but wouldn't abandon my advantage of rerasising AA in pos.
But this is just my 0.02.

EDIT: it's not just him, AA multiway is a nightmare.

Salerosa
10-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Yeah the problem with 3-betting alot preflop is the SB in this hand, who is loose preflop and plays well postflop, and he also has position on me in most hands. He is the only player I feel uncomfortable playing large pots out of position with, and he has caused me to be tighter than I normally would be pre-flop. I agree I didn't really like seeing the SB come along as well, but its not too hard to get away from this on the flop if SB calls or raises or I see a raise from MP.

Gregg777
10-06-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He is the only player I feel uncomfortable playing large pots out of position with, and he has caused me to be tighter than I normally would be pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even more reason to push him out pf, no? If he's bad enough to call a larger re-raise, all the better for you.