PDA

View Full Version : 600 NL AA how's my line?

Salerosa
10-06-2005, 09:43 AM
MP1 opens for 30, I call on the CO with AA, SB calls also. This raise from MP1 is most likely two broadway cards, SB calls means any two pretty much. SB is too loose but pretty solid post flop minus some apparent brain farts he has where he makes dumb plays. MP1 is not good (can't get away from top pair barring big overbets.) I have 900, MP covers, SB has about 650.

Flop(90) J 5 6 two clubs

MP leads for 50, I make it 150, SB folds, MP calls.

Turn:(390) 5o

MP checks I bet 150, he calls.

River:(690)5c

He checks, I push.

River plays itself, up to that point how's my play?

troymclur
10-06-2005, 09:49 AM
i would have raised PF and raise more like 2/3's pot on the turn. Good flop re-raise.

10-06-2005, 09:50 AM
Looks VERY similar to a pot I just lost with AA, villian raised 8xBB from MP, I only min-raised. Flop comes J 8 4 all diamonds. (I held A of diamond) Checked to me, I bet pot. Turn brings 4s. I put him all in for the last bit of his stack (he had a short(ish) stack) and the river was a 4c. My Full house, fours full of aces no good to his Jacks full of fours!

Problem is, I didn't want to raise too high PF to push him out. Yet still wanted the pot built, although it allowed me to get myself stacked. What's the best play here? I think you should have raised PF, but at the same time you don't want to push villian out... so I'd too be interested in any takes on this.

I don't like your turn bet though, pot is what near 400 now, and you bet 150? Move has to be ALL-IN in my opinion, you have about 400 left by now?

kongo_totte
10-06-2005, 10:00 AM
With your read on MP, I make it a bit more on flop and definately bet more on the turn.

troymclur
10-06-2005, 10:04 AM
a PF re-raise will likely squeeze out the SB and still induce a call from MP to see a flop. I dont' think you kill action immediatly, but you force MP to play good post flop poker. If you merely call, four's and eights are masked and Jacks are still possible for MP. Re-popping gives you a bit more information and isolates the table to a heads up match.

Given the play, jacks are still a possibility but i don't think that a PF re-raise would have changed that much, unless MP is aggressive enough to four-bet before the flop.

TheWorstPlayer
10-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Looks great. He's drawing to two outs almost always on the turn. I play it the same. Although if he can't get away from one pair hands postflop, my guess is that he won't drop anything to a re-raise preflop either, so I probably bump it up preflop. The flat calls I usually reserve for better opponents who are likely to fold preflop if I re-raise.

Salerosa
10-06-2005, 10:44 AM
I meant to post this in mid-stakes but anyway...he has not called any of my 3-bets preflop regardless of my position (or holdings for that matter). Note I said that he is not too good, not crazy loose preflop (e.g. he will open with KQ or AJ but won't call a big reraise out of position with them). I am confident in my read that he is not holding a PP preflop, and has a J on the flop and turn (and is not drawing to the flush).

My standard play is to reraise preflop, I flat called because I am confident that I can outplay him postflop especially in position, and to mix it up and disguise my hand.

TheWorstPlayer
10-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Then it seems perfect. As I said, I play postflop the exact same. He is drawing very slim here. Maybe I bet a little more on turn so that it is a little less on river, but it really doesn't matter. Anything as long as you can easily get it all in on the river without overbetting. I think you played it well.