PDA

View Full Version : Absolute software update

theblitz
10-06-2005, 09:27 AM
Anyone else tried the new AP interface.
A few minor changes.

However there are a few more changes and and these are the biggioes.

AP now store the HHs on the hard disk.
They now show mucked cards at showdown.
The HHs contain the room name (as does the HH file) so that PAHUD and GT+ can now identify the relevant windows.

Got a feeling we are going to see a lot more PT players there now.

mattw
10-06-2005, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else tried the new AP interface.
A few minor changes.

However there are a few more changes and and these are the biggioes.

AP now store the HHs on the hard disk.
They now show mucked cards at showdown.
The HHs contain the room name (as does the HH file) so that PAHUD and GT+ can now identify the relevant windows.

Got a feeling we are going to see a lot more PT players there now.

[/ QUOTE ]

great. make a rock garden into a rock fest. yup, thats where i wanna play.

BruinEric
10-06-2005, 10:39 AM
Absolute consistently shows over 10k players online in the evenings, and surges over 11k too. It is good to see this room growing AND improving their product.

mosuavea
10-06-2005, 11:13 AM
sweet. I haven't played there in a little while but with no bonuses currently for me, I might mvoe some money there and play again. Does it move any faster and crash a lot less?

oreogod
10-06-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
sweet. I haven't played there in a little while but with no bonuses currently for me, I might mvoe some money there and play again. Does it move any faster and crash a lot less?

[/ QUOTE ]

Id rather let this thread die. Last thing it needs is an influx of 2+2ers...but yeah it crashes almost never for me anymore (used to crash every 500-ish hands just like clockwork). I will admit the update tonight is pretty big. Seems to use the same system as Pstars now. Very nice.

They changed their HH format a little, Pat will have a patch out next week or so it looks like (they also include the table names in the HH finally). Anyway, its nice the site is growing, but hopefully not with rocks.

XxGodJrxX
10-06-2005, 12:56 PM
I have never played at Absolute because I have heard that it is uber-slow. How slow is Absolute REALLY? Is it slower than, say, PokerRoom? I'm not a rock btw, I am CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pokermachine
10-06-2005, 01:05 PM
it is as fast as any site on the net.

CLC
10-06-2005, 01:11 PM
the system resource consuming aspect of the software. When I play on Absolute, Task Manager shows 50-75% CPU useage. I run a 4.2 Ghz P4 hyperthreading machine. My other 2 Ghz runs at 90+%.

XxGodJrxX
10-06-2005, 01:14 PM
As fast as UB? Can I open 50 tables on my crappy computer without any crashes like I can on PokerStars?

Let me reword my question for clarity. If I was to play two tables at a time with PokerTracker on and GT+ running, will it run smoothly on my 1.33ghz computer with 256 mb of ram?

10-06-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it is as fast as any site on the net.

[/ QUOTE ]
Love the comedy.

Absolute is dog slow, play-wise. People are frequently disconnected, making the table wait for 30 more seconds each time, and I've had to leave tables where someone is constantly connecting and reconnecting, killing the game.

You can't easily tell who's next to act, either.

Combine this with the fact that it's a quarry, it's probably a site to move to once you're playing mid-to-high limits, where bonus clearing isn't tedious and the rakeback actually counts for something.

Edit: since the update, it hasn't frozen on me, which is an improvement.

BigFishSmallCardRoom
10-06-2005, 02:51 PM
Absolute sucks. Interface is like needles in my eyes. Slow software, and everyone is a rock trying to clear their weekly reload bonus.

kiemo
10-06-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have never played at Absolute because I have heard that it is uber-slow. How slow is Absolute REALLY? Is it slower than, say, PokerRoom?

[/ QUOTE ]

My last stint at Absolute in September, 1300 hands at 1/2 full, I was averaging 30-35 hands/hr. Slowest site I have ever played at.